Old 03-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope..

http://www.houstonraceway.com/index.php?id=3
Old 03-20-2010, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

I guess there wasn't enough interest in sundays nights anymore. maybe we should ask some of those friday night gangsters on their 24's to run on sunday.???
Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 AM
11 Second Club

I'd much rather be racing on Sunday afternoons. They claim to be losing money on Sunday's.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...park-fans.html
Old 03-20-2010, 03:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by renzos23
I guess there wasn't enough interest in sundays nights anymore. maybe we should ask some of those friday night gangsters on their 24's to run on sunday.???
Or have them run Sundays.

I'm sick and tired of the tracks. HMP, HRP, Lonestar, and tonight SAR. So unpredictable. Snap the car one night, then spin another.

I've made so many passes after rows of idiotic FWD and RWD cars that drive right through the water box in my mustangs and now c5. I've only been racing 11 years, but I figured over the last 5 years, track officials would get a grip on this crap. If you drive through the water box and don't have skinnies on the front, you should be kicked off the track. Tonight I cut a 1.72 on 18 inch Drag Radials with few cars at the track. Hot lapped, got behind 4 FWD ricers that ran 15-18 second passes. My 60ft dropped to a 1.85. Stupid
Old 03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Or have them run Sundays.

I'm sick and tired of the tracks. HMP, HRP, Lonestar, and tonight SAR. So unpredictable. Snap the car one night, then spin another.

I've made so many passes after rows of idiotic FWD and RWD cars that drive right through the water box in my mustangs and now c5. I've only been racing 11 years, but I figured over the last 5 years, track officials would get a grip on this crap. If you drive through the water box and don't have skinnies on the front, you should be kicked off the track. Tonight I cut a 1.72 on 18 inch Drag Radials with few cars at the track. Hot lapped, got behind 4 FWD ricers that ran 15-18 second passes. My 60ft dropped to a 1.85. Stupid
All the tracks that you talked about run street cars Friday night. If you want a good prep track go out when they run brackets. I never go out of Friday night because of all the street car driving thur the water.

Come on out to HRP March 27th & 28th. It is our 1st point races of the year. If you do, stop by and say hello. Good luck.

Coach
Old 03-20-2010, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
All the tracks that you talked about run street cars Friday night. If you want a good prep track go out when they run brackets. I never go out of Friday night because of all the street car driving thur the water.

Come on out to HRP March 27th & 28th. It is our 1st point races of the year. If you do, stop by and say hello. Good luck.

Coach
I'd really like to come by, but the Texas Mile is next weekend. Thanks for the invite.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm a newb and I just drive around the water box since I'm on street tires. But I thought the water box was for people who run DR's and Street ET tires to get them hot and sticky? Are they supposed to go around it and back up into it if they don't have tha skinnies?

Just wanting clarification for future reference.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm a newb and I just drive around the water box since I'm on street tires. But I thought the water box was for people who run DR's and Street ET tires to get them hot and sticky? Are they supposed to go around it and back up into it if they don't have tha skinnies?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by danieloneil01

Yes, drive around, then back up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEiwBIMKY8
Old 03-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old_goat
I'd much rather be racing on Sunday afternoons. They claim to be losing money on Sunday's.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...park-fans.html
i would like to be able to run on sunday afternoon also...
Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Well the problem with the idiots that run HRP used to open the track on sunday in the dead heat of summer at 3pm and winter at 6pm, Hello who the hell wants to run there car in 110* heat! ok rant over lol
Old 03-20-2010, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by v8
Well the problem with the idiots that run HRP used to open the track on sunday in the dead heat of summer at 3pm and winter at 6pm, Hello who the hell wants to run there car in 110* heat! ok rant over lol
Rant observed!

Rant appreciated and fully agreed with!

I know that John, who runs the lights and the other guys would love to be open on Sunday, however I talked to the guy who takes the pictures and does the announcing and he seemed completely against being open on Sundays.

I probably won't run my car between May and October, so in this context Sunday is a moot point, however when the weather is good and cool, I would much rather be out there on a Sunday vs. a Friday night. If they were open on Sundays, I don't think I would go on Fridays, unless the DA was in the high negative range. I also felt the Sunday crowd was more mature and more serious about racing their cars, and saw a hell of a lot less beer cans on Sundays versus Friday nights.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Launching!

They used to open at 4pm or something like that on Sundays. I wish they would open on Saturdays that would be even better.. Instead of trying to get off early and drive in traffic from Houston to Baytown. Only to get there and wait 2 hours between each run because the guy that controls the staging lanes is too lazy to get off the 4 wheeler and run the lanes the way that they should be...
Old 03-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Yes, drive around, then back up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEiwBIMKY8
looks like you drove through some water then backed up far enough to where ur front tires were sittin in some water.. i may be wrong thoguh
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Coach
At HRP the idiots that work the track on Friday nights most of the time do not leave an area dry to drive around the water box. We have been in the stands many times watching them wet the entire lane. Nothing left to do at that point other then roll through it. They use to be good about only wetting the out side of the lane. That way the cars went to the inside where it stayed dry. Now they wet the inside and the water runs across the track. Then they just say **** it and start wetting the whole lane.

With that said it still does not change the fact there are a lot of dumb *** people there on Fridays. My favorites are the 1/2 ton Top fuel truck burn outs on regular street radials. O and can't forget about the reverse burnouts either.

Last edited by SLV_WS6; 03-20-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Coach
You can test n tune on these race days?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JaSSon
You can test n tune on these race days?
Yes you can. This coming weekend will be the bomb. Come on out and join us.

Coach
Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kennyxg
The guy that controls the staging lanes is too lazy to get off the 4 wheeler and run the lanes the way that they should be...
That's for sure! I sat in one staging lane a couple weeks ago only to see motorcycle after motorcycle come after me and go before me. And other lanes going before me. I even told the "lazy" guy on the four wheeler that I got here before all those cars, and pointed to the cars. This has been going on for years though and nobody at HRP seems to care. It's no wonder they don't have enough business to open on Sundays.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Larry
That's for sure! I sat in one staging lane a couple weeks ago only to see motorcycle after motorcycle come after me and go before me. And other lanes going before me. I even told the "lazy" guy on the four wheeler that I got here before all those cars, and pointed to the cars. This has been going on for years though and nobody at HRP seems to care. It's no wonder they don't have enough business to open on Sundays.
I don't mind them racing the juniors and getting them done first, however I have always felt the regular street cars had the least priority, yet we are the majority of the cars running (by far). So in this context, we do more to pay the bills than the other groups running.