On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor Trend Compares '11 Corvette ZR1 vs. '11 Porsche 911 Turbo

very nice

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...3wjIgKeYj2igRJ
Old 09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Good comparison, I bet Porche wasn't to happy with there turbo's giving out, but that is what happens when you push these cars. It would have been nice to see the 911 make a full pass though. In the end you can't go wrong with either car.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

nice write up!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
8 Second Club

When Porsche introduced the '11 Porsche Turbo aka the Jap Motor piece of **** the world isn't to happy with them. They do not use the Metzger variant that was used in the previous years which was derived from the GT-1 motor. Which is kind of funny that they reverted back to the Metzger GT-1 style motor when they built the '11 GT2 RS. They should have compared those two because they are comparing the top of the line Corvette against the bottom end of the Porsche Turbo series... Though the GT2 RS would make a joke of the ZR1 straight line, turns, etc.. stock for stock so I guess that's the reason why.

Regardless I'd own either car because they are bad ***! The ZR1 is a bad bitch and it was proven with Andrew (ProStreets ZR1).

PS: In before Tony say's I'm one upping on here but he'll say the exact opposite on 6speed LOL!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
8 Second Club

I bring up the Jap Motor crap mainly because they have been having reliability problems with them. Esp when you start modding them.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
When Porsche introduced the '11 Porsche Turbo aka the Jap Motor piece of **** the world isn't to happy with them. They do not use the Metzger variant that was used in the previous years which was derived from the GT-1 motor. Which is kind of funny that they reverted back to the Metzger GT-1 style motor when they built the '11 GT2 RS. They should have compared those two because they are comparing the top of the line Corvette against the bottom end of the Porsche Turbo series... Though the GT2 RS would make a joke of the ZR1 straight line, turns, etc.. stock for stock so I guess that's the reason why.

Regardless I'd own either car because they are bad ***! The ZR1 is a bad bitch and it was proven with Andrew (ProStreets ZR1).

PS: In before Tony say's I'm one upping on here but he'll say the exact opposite on 6speed LOL!
I figured you were trollin with your feet on the desk and would chime in. If anyone knows Porsche it is CP, He does own Herbie the Love Bug...lol. CP what is the cost of the GT-2 compared to the 911? I am to lazy to look it up and besides you are around and can answer it.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

I bring up the Jap Motor crap mainly because they have been having reliability problems with them. Esp when you start modding them.
powell how did i know you would be in this thread hahahaha
Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

The 2011 GT2 RS comes in around 240K...substantially more then ZR1 and 911 turbo in the writeup
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I figured you were trollin with your feet on the desk and would chime in. If anyone knows Porsche it is CP, He does own Herbie the Love Bug...lol. CP what is the cost of the GT-2 compared to the 911? I am to lazy to look it up and besides you are around and can answer it.
The cost is double (RETAIL is $250k on the GT2RS but I doubt you'll be able to get it for less than $300k due to the limited sell). So cost for cost the standard Turbo vs ZR1 is the better comparison price wise. I just think the fact they are comparing the top of the line Corvette vs the bottom of the line Porsche is not so fair for the Porsche. Price wise though the ZR1 dominates for performance regardless. It is hard to beat something as powerful that's half the cost of a Euro Super Car.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

i expected powell to be the first one in here. but thats good info that you put out about the porsche. i would have never known that.

doesnt a porsche hold the record at nueremburg now??
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigdave619
i expected powell to be the first one in here. but thats good info that you put out about the porsche. i would have never known that.

If I ever decided to buy a Porche, I would have to consult Powell on what garbage not to buy. However if Powell wants to go buy a GT2, I do have space in the garage to store it.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
8 Second Club

As of right now for a mass produced vehicle it does at 7:18 which beat the spot held by the Viper at 7:22. There are vehicles like the Gumpert and Radical's that are more of a one off car (but do have VIN Numbers) that are faster. They are in a different class from what I've been told. I don't know much about Nürburgring-Nordschleife other than it's like the ULTIMATE test on a car because of the length of the track.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

If I ever decided to buy a Porche, I would have to consult Powell on what garbage not to buy. However if Powell wants to go buy a GT2, I do have space in the garage to store it.

i agree powell knows porsche......im sure you'd gladly keep that gt2 in your garage who wouldnt
Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

As of right now for a mass produced vehicle it does at 7:18 which beat the spot held by the Viper at 7:22. There are vehicles like the Gumpert and Radical's that are more of a one off car (but do have VIN Numbers) that are faster. They are in a different class from what I've been told. I don't know much about Nürburgring-Nordschleife other than it's like the ULTIMATE test on a car because of the length of the track.
i went and googled the track times and it says that the track time of 7:18 is a
Manufacturer claim....

i'm trying to find something else

but looking at the gumpert and the rascal they are in a class of there own those are not production cars as they are built to order id say
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
8 Second Club

I really want one of these next!

http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sp...58-Italia.aspx
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
8 Second Club

i went and googled the track times and it says that the track time of 7:18 is a
Manufacturer claim....

i'm trying to find something else

but looking at the gumpert and the rascal they are in a class of there own those are not production cars as they are built to order id say
One of the Gumpert dealers here in America is actually a major Porsche performance shop (EVOMS). My brother said though that Top Gear said it is the ugliest "super car" in their opinion, but personally I don't think it looks that bad.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

The only problem with that car is, when you get it the hood will be up and the wrenches would be turning. You know we can't leave cars alone no matter how much they cost. The 458 is straight up pimpin, that would also look goo in my garage
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
8 Second Club

The only problem with that car is, when you get it the hood will be up and the wrenches would be turning. You know we can't leave cars alone no matter how much they cost. The 458 is straight up pimpin, that would also look goo in my garage
I could imagine Matt and my first adventure to like change the spark plugs on it. The Porsche was interesting enough but I could imagine the Italians even do weirder **** than the Germans LOL!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

2JZ can beat both.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
2JZ can beat both.
2JZ CAN NEVER LOSE!!!!!!

I've been thinking about a 2010 Camaro with a 2JZ swap... Opinions???