What up with that??
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what exactly are you trying to say? lol
Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Whats up with what?! What he said was perfect. The 30 y/o should assume responsability for himself just like everyone should. Then he said no one ever gets turned away. Nothing wrong there at all.
Ron Paul is the only one up there who will stand for freedom the way it was meant to be. Seems like you have something against RP and your just trying to find something to make him look bad. Well, I have news for you...you failed.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Whats up with what?! What he said was perfect. The 30 y/o should assume responsability for himself just like everyone should. Then he said no one ever gets turned away. Nothing wrong there at all.
Ron Paul is the only one up there who will stand for freedom the way it was meant to be. Seems like you have something against RP and your just trying to find something to make him look bad. Well, I have news for you...you failed.
I have news for you, I was a Ron Paul supporter until I saw that clip, sweet assumption bro. Maybe I missed the part where he said no one gets turned away? Sounded like he said basically that's the price of freedom, if you can't pay for it then have fun not being able to get the care you need?

EDIT: Also,

Location CT

Y u trollin the Texas section??
Old 10-28-2011, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

as a matter of ethics, doctors generally don't turn away patients with immediate life threatening conditions. now if its a chronic illness, then no they're not gonna treat your cancer for free, but why should they?

it might seem heartless, but since when were people entitled to certain things just because others can afford them? if free health care, then why not free food? free clothing? free car to get to the job you need to buy food and clothing? free house? these are matters for charities, not the government. people have been living without entitlement spending for thousands of years. somehow, i think we'll survive without it
Old 10-28-2011, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Oh and btw...RP stands for the federal government staying out of health care so the states can decide what to do like they should according to our US constitution. If RP was pres he would follow the law of the land and get the ******* federal government out of the way of states and small businesses so they can thrive to compete with one another to make healthcare affordable. Government intervention doesnt make healthcare afforable...
Old 10-28-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

The less government intervention the better my paycheck looks in 2 years.

Since when has an emergency room ever turned anyone away that needed it?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I have news for you, I was a Ron Paul supporter until I saw that clip, sweet assumption bro. Maybe I missed the part where he said no one gets turned away? Sounded like he said basically that's the price of freedom, if you can't pay for it then have fun not being able to get the care you need?

EDIT: Also,

Location CT

Y u trollin the Texas section??

The clip had nothing to do with "if he can't pay for it"; the hypothetical scenario was the healthy 30 y/o man who elects (makes his own decision) to OPT OUT of paying for health insurance through the company he works for (or whatever) then gets terminally ill, or in a horrible accident and needs extensive rehabilitation, who should pay for it.....

Ultimately the 30 y/o man opted out of paying for insurance and took the risk on his own. Therefore Ron Paul is saying that he should accept the consequences of his own actions/decision. You really need to understand the context of the conversation before you come on a public forum claiming to have been a RP supporter "until you saw this".....

RP was right on the money, and i really hope gets the republican nomination and picks up Herman Cain for VP..... USA all the way
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Yet another person making comments on a political subject that they have no clue about. This is why we are such a predicament to begin with.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Yay another ls1tech political discussion!!!! About as entertaining as watching a cripple fight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqw1F...e_gdata_player

Last edited by HTX; 10-28-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

RP just went up another notch in my book. I just hope that people realize that he is the best option for president. Sure hope he can get in there and get rid or atleast start to get rid of the big government.

How come when wellfare came out nobody wanted to accept the money due to taking handouts looking fround apon, and now we have everyone with their hand out bitching if they dont get anything.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
Yay another ls1tech political discussion!!!! About as entertaining as watching a cripple fight.
hmmm
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP, Why do people need to be saved from the direct consequences of their own actions? If you can't deal with the consequences of consciously electing to NOT pay for health insurance, why should I?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

IBTL!

I will make one observation about the majority of rabid Tea Partiers that oppose a single payer health care system. Most of the ones that I meet are uninsured.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by speedtigger
IBTL!

I will make one observation about the majority of rabid Tea Partiers that oppose a single payer health care system. Most of the ones that I meet are uninsured.
Where did tea party come into play? Sure the first and real tea party was founded around Ron Paul but since then its hasnt really been for Ron Paul. I hate to say it but they may have been bought out by the rhinos.
Most of them seem to wanna support Herman Cain but thats really funny seeing how Cain said "theres no need for an audit of the FED" and then lied about it right on the debate when Ron Paul called him out on it.
What do you think?
I was and still am for the tea party but here you have Ron Paul with a clear as day plan to make 1 trillion in cuts and the only one who will restore our constitution but WHERE THE **** IS THE TEA PARTY NOW!!! Instead they are on board with a old fed chairman who says no need to audit, lied about it, basically said Ron Paul supporters arent american, and seems like flipp flopped on abortion. I just dont get it.
Oh and fwit iv been laid off for a long time and iv been un insured since 2006 half those years my choice and now I just cant afford it but in no way shape or form would I give up and ounce of freedom for free healthcar. Government can kiss my ***.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
Yay another ls1tech political discussion!!!! About as entertaining as watching a cripple fight.

ill see your cripple fight, and raise you one family guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7teq3wmTk
Old 10-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I hate to say it but they may have been bought out by the rhinos.
Yep, they are bought out, infiltrated and taken over by the same old corporate power structure that have been dictating for years.

Oh and fwit iv been laid off for a long time and iv been un insured since 2006 half those years my choice and now I just cant afford it but in no way shape or form would I give up and ounce of freedom for free healthcar. Government can kiss my ***.
Case in point. The people who have nothing have been whipped into a frenzy of fear but the corporate special interest lobby. They know all the right buttons to push. Just to be clear, a single payer option would in no way limit ones ability to purchase private care or private insurance. This "one or the other" mentality is the lie that is told and the sheep eat it up. This is really about the foothold that big insurance has on our elected officials and the propaganda they serve up is seasoned just right, because the masses eat it up.

Our health care system is expensive, second to other developed nations in quality and is an administrative nightmare cluster****. I have no problem if people don't like the first proposed reform of the system, but where are the suggested alternatives from the opponents to make it better? There are none. The reason is they are all bought and paid for by the people who are profiting on the existing broken system.

It is time people take their government back and think for themselves instead of making decisions off of the fear that the propaganda machine is serving up.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
No what you missed was the part of the question tha says "he's a healthy young man but CHOOSES not to pay a 200 health care premium. It never said that he cant afford to pay it, it never said he will go without eating if he cant afford it, it said he chooses not to pay ofr it. Maybe he choose to save that premium for a year and put a cam in his camaro. So your telling me that the government should act like mommy and daddy and say to him, "now johnny you cant go blowing all your money on things when you have responsibilities i hope you learned your lesson, and here is $XXX now go on your way." thats complete bullshit!! I pay $380 a month for Ins for my family. Would i love tht extra 380 to mod my car ro go on more vacations. Of course I would but Its not a risk that I'm willing to take because if I take that risk then no one should have to pay for my mistake.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Yep, they are bought out, infiltrated and taken over by the same old corporate power structure that have been dictating for years.

Case in point. The people who have nothing have been whipped into a frenzy of fear but the corporate special interest lobby. They know all the right buttons to push. Just to be clear, a single payer option would in no way limit ones ability to purchase private care or private insurance. This "one or the other" mentality is the lie that is told and the sheep eat it up. This is really about the foothold that big insurance has on our elected officials and the propaganda they serve up is seasoned just right, because the masses eat it up.

Our health care system is expensive, second to other developed nations in quality and is an administrative nightmare cluster****. I have no problem if people don't like the first proposed reform of the system, but where are the suggested alternatives from the opponents to make it better? There are none. The reason is they are all bought and paid for by the people who are profiting on the existing broken system.

It is time people take their government back and think for themselves instead of making decisions off of the fear that the propaganda machine is serving up.

Theres alot to reply to there lol
I believe if government just got out of the way and stopped the excess taxing, bogus lawsuits, and crazy laws the companies could operate the way they should. All this red tape makes it impossible to compete here. Then some of the slime in congress points the finger calling the insurance companies greedy when its the congress opressing our system.
I agree with you man. IMO Ron Paul is the only one who will give this country a chance at restoring our common sense principles. Its just to bad that things have gotten so corrupt that people actually listen to the media on whos electable or not. Cant people listen with their own ears, do their own research, and just use common sense? It just blows my mind man.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KenrickCustom
No what you missed was the part of the question tha says "he's a healthy young man but CHOOSES not to pay a 200 health care premium. It never said that he cant afford to pay it, it never said he will go without eating if he cant afford it, it said he chooses not to pay ofr it. Maybe he choose to save that premium for a year and put a cam in his camaro. So your telling me that the government should act like mommy and daddy and say to him, "now johnny you cant go blowing all your money on things when you have responsibilities i hope you learned your lesson, and here is $XXX now go on your way." thats complete bullshit!! I pay $380 a month for Ins for my family. Would i love tht extra 380 to mod my car ro go on more vacations. Of course I would but Its not a risk that I'm willing to take because if I take that risk then no one should have to pay for my mistake.
X2, I pay 240 a month. I work for the City of Houston so the insurance is not all that great but atleast it's there when we need it.

Quick Reply: For all the Ron Paul supporters without health insurance