Houston Texans Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Houston Texans Discussion Thread

This thread is being started to discuss Houston Texans football (Games, Players, Coaches, acquisitions and other Texans related news).

Texans football only, please.

Sunday is going to be a tough battle. Atlanta is above average and has a very good run defense. Let's hope Gary can come up with a gameplan that works. If they are dumb enough to line Dunta Robinson up opposite AJ, I say we target AJ all day long. Getting the ball to Owen Daniels will be crucial too.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

The Atlanta site I found had good words about TJ Yates. I hope he can step up into the role, it is an amazing opportunity for a rookie to shine with a good offense backing him. Not many rookies get a chance like this.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-...rt-for-houston
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This game will truly define the character and will of the OLine and the Defense. They need to both step up big to help their rookie QB out.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ready to see what Yates can do.

Will be interesting
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Looks like Yates is going to get the start, but Delhomme will get some snaps. What is the rumor mill down in Houston on the Quaterback situation.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98Roller
Looks like Yates is going to get the start, but Delhomme will get some snaps. What is the rumor mill down in Houston on the Quaterback situation.
Yates is the starter and Delhomme is insurance.

Kubiak all but shutdown the passing game in the 2nd half Sunday, because our next QB in line was our tight end Owen Daniels. Now that we have a legitimate backup (Delhomme) I assume Kubiak will let Yates drop back and pass. He looked quite good in the 2 minute offense in the 2nd quarter of Sunday's game. I hope he can get the job done.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The Atlanta site I found had good words about TJ Yates. I hope he can step up into the role, it is an amazing opportunity for a rookie to shine with a good offense backing him. Not many rookies get a chance like this.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-...rt-for-houston
Texans have had great luck with rookies. I agree this could be a golden moment for his career.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HTX
Texans have had great luck with rookies. I agree this could be a golden moment for his career.
Kareem Jackson says Hi.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tripps
Kareem Jackson says Hi.
LOL!!!

True, but dare I say he's improving?

Maybe he was refering to this year's rookies. Watt and Reed...I guess Tate is basically a rookie too. All 3 of those guys have played top notch football this season.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

I think its going to be a good game and hope Yates gets the timing right with his recievers this week to where we can use a bit of the passing game. Hope its a good game to where my 50 yard line seats pay off.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

The Texans D is what has gotten them this far, hopefully they can continue to play well and give this kid a chance. I'd hate for yall to lose a bunch of games and be able to blame it on the qb situation. I want yall to be losers fair and square

I about **** my pants when the announcer said Owen daniels was next in line on Sunday. I'm surprised they're not just going to start delhomme.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know Andre is coming off the injury ... but is he going to finish the year hot like he started? I hope yates comes through but if he doesn't I think Foster will be up to the task. Pound the ball down the field this week and hope that the D can put some pressure on and the Texans should be okay. Atleast there is a a couple game gap I believe so you have a little bit of time to find out what to do down the stretch ...
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
LOL!!!

Maybe he was refering to this year's rookies. Watt and Reed...I guess Tate is basically a rookie too. All 3 of those guys have played top notch football this season.
Mario Williams
Brian cushing
Arian foster
Andre Johnson
Tate

All debuted into the NFL as Texans rookies as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yates looks like he has a good decision making head on his shoulders. I think with a little practice he could do some good. Now that he had some prep time to get some snaps behind center I think he will get a little more comfortable. He looks like a good pocket passer.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HTX
Mario Williams
Brian cushing
Arian foster
Andre Johnson
Tate

All debuted into the NFL as Texans rookies as well.
Yep and they were all excellent picks.

Let's try to forget about:

David Carr
Travis Johnson
Amobi Okoye
Old 11-30-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -Ross-
LOL!!!

I know, I just thought it would be funny to throw that out there because I know how much you guys hated him last year
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm still not a fan of #25 Kareem Jackson. Any time we get burned on a long pass, you'll usually see his jersey number in the replay.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

The "one game at a time" cliche is pretty appropriate from here out. I think the Texans lose to the Falcons this week. Atlanta is pretty good, and Yates is going to have his hands full. I really hope Kubiak puts together a good offensive gameplan, as we showed last week that they cannot simply line up and run the ball into the pile and hope to win. Atlanta's offense is pretty stout, too, so the defense will be busy. This should be a good test for them.

I don't think we'll know anything about Yates until at least after the Cincy game. He showed a little spark when he came into the game last week, then Kubiak got worried about another QB injury and went almost all run.

I'm disappointed by these injuries, but the Texans took care of their business earlier in the season, so they have a little margin for error now. Still, all signs point to a one and done for them in the playoffs, provided they don't completely collapse between now and then.

-Mike
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

we'll beat the Falcons at home - it's the other 2 games on the road that "worry me".

when we beat Atlanta, we can go INTO Carolina and beat them. that's 2 games in a row.

you know who Tennesse plays the next 2 games !?!? Buffalo and New Orleans.

they'll drop 2 without even thinking about it.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If ever you needed to start a rook for a team this good now is the time. He is going to have 6 former or current QB's on the sideline to help him. Yates has the best opportunity a QB could have to succeed and hopefully he does.

Quick Reply: Houston Texans Discussion Thread