Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
In this day and age, defense doesn't win championships,
Lmfao !!!

What a tool house !!!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just read an aritcle on chron.com that says Mario Williams made 18 million this season. 18 millon! What a waste of ******* money. Spread some of that around to Foster, Tate, Cushing, Reed, Watt, Manning, and Joseph.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Had no idea he was that overpaid, they better spread the wealth or they're going to be jumping shop like its the Titanic.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah they are paying him too much and it appears Kubiak wants him back. I like him, but not for that kind of money. Texans defense did just fine without him.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

I swear Kubiak is retarded.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with a lot of yalls comments. and just want to say it again. Jones and jackson needs to go. they are our weakest link. jones cant catch **** with his alligator arms and the ravens games just goes to show you he doenst know how to extend his arms to catch a ball it hit im in the fkn facemask like an idiot!!! and jackson gets burned on every deep ball thrown his way. the only reason the reciever wouldnt catch the ball is because it was a bad throw. it's like he doesnt even turn his head... im looking forward to next season though. god forbid W.P. doesnt go.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imlooking
Lmfao !!!

What a tool house !!!
Care to clarify?

Defense prevents points to be scored, however it means nothing when your offense can't score.

2011 patriots prime example, and i hate the patriots
Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Care to clarify?

Defense prevents points to be scored, however it means nothing when your offense can't score.

2011 patriots prime example, and i hate the patriots

I have to disagree. Defense wins games.

You use the Patriots as an example of offense winning. What about the 2011 Packers and the 2011 Saints (two offenses ranked higher than New England)? They we're both taken out by defensively sound teams.

The Texans had insane offensive stats in the 09 & 10 seasons, but we still couldn't win for crap because our defense blew donkey d!cks.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I heard (Dan Dierdorf said this during the game Sunday) that up until Wade Phillips signed on as DC, our defense (linemen and linebackers) was instructed (by Gary Kubiak) not to bat down passes in practice. This would explain the many batted down ***** thrown by Schaub in games over the past few seasons and it would also explain the excess ***** batted by our line this season.

Gary Kubiak...moron.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
I swear Kubiak is retarded.
I have met him and worked on his dad, the whole family is genuinely nice. However, some of his decisions would make you think he may have a mild form of it.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I have to disagree. Defense wins games.

You use the Patriots as an example of offense winning. What about the 2011 Packers and the 2011 Saints (two offenses ranked higher than New England)? They we're both taken out by defensively sound teams.

The Texans had insane offensive stats in the 09 & 10 seasons, but we still couldn't win for crap because our defense blew donkey d!cks.
I have to disagree with that.

In all honesty, the saints walked all over the high ranked 49'ers, and alex smith out played drew brees. The 49'ers did not shut down the saints offense. How many yards did Bress throw? 462. He shreded that team upside down and was still in place to win that game with 4 mins left, and if i remember correctly, neither the saints nor the 49ers defense scored any points when it mattered most.

The packers were a joke in that game, and half of their turnovers were self inflicted, and eli manning simply walked all over the packers. Every team in the playoffs are ranked dead near the bottom with the exception of the texans (knocked out) 49ers and ravens having top tier defenses.

All your defense does is prevent points, and give your offense the oppourtunity to score points.

I don't have to justified the patriots, cuz all they do is score points on every possession, it doesnt matter how bad their defense is just aslong as their offense counterbalances their defense Ugh i hate defending the patriots cuz i hate them so much, but it is what it is.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Teching In

A good defense does not only prevent the opponents to score, but scores themselves.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ballerado
A good defense does not only prevent the opponents to score, but scores themselves.

and not only does the offense score points, as noted above, but it keeps your opponets star players off the bench, as noted below.

Who controls the time of possession? The offense.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Who controls the time of possession? The offense.
Who grabs interceptions? Who forces fumbles? Who forces 3 and outs to allow that high powered offense to be out on the field so long?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Defense sets the tone to the game!!!

Pats for example lost to the steelers on the road and at home to the giants.. both have above avg defenses.

Regardless how deadly a offense is, playing good defense will get u wins. TWO great examples I can quickly think of is the 2002 SB. Bucs defense shines all day over a mighty raiders offense and Oakland was the favorite. Second is the rams goal line stop at the 1 over the titans.

Offense will win u regular season games but defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

This argument is silly. Both are important. You have to have both O and D to win a game. But, if I had to pick a poison here - I'd want the best D and an average O. You can't get by with just an average D.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Who grabs interceptions? Who forces fumbles? Who forces 3 and outs to allow that high powered offense to be out on the field so long?
Yeah the defense does, they turn it over to the offense so they can control the game. That wasn't my point.

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
Defense sets the tone to the game!!!

Pats for example lost to the steelers on the road and at home to the giants.. both have above avg defenses.

Regardless how deadly a offense is, playing good defense will get u wins. TWO great examples I can quickly think of is the 2002 SB. Bucs defense shines all day over a mighty raiders offense and Oakland was the favorite. Second is the rams goal line stop at the 1 over the titans.

Offense will win u regular season games but defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
Good examples. However:

I also remember steve young throwing 6 td's.
David tyre catching a ball on his helmet with blanket coverage from rodney harrison.
Vinatierri kicking the pats past 3 superbowls.

If a defense were to win a championship they have to put points up on the board, like how the ravens did in 2000, however more ofter than not they don't.

But since we're citing history as staple for historical facts:

Research the 77 falcons.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...st-of-all-time
Nicknamed the forgotten defense.
#1 in all major statisical defense categories in nfl history, but no superbowl ring.

or, even more old school, the purple people eaters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_People_Eaters

quite possibly the best defense of its era, 3 super bowl appearences, 0 rings.

Why couldn't either of these teams win the big one? Neither team could score points.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
This argument is silly. Both are important. You have to have both O and D to win a game. But, if I had to pick a poison here - I'd want the best D and an average O. You can't get by with just an average D.
thank you.

you also can't win with a bad offense either, if your not scoring points you'll never win a game.

Quick Reply: Houston Texans Discussion Thread