Houston Texans Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whatsa347
As long as we get the cornerback situation taken care of, peyton is nothing to be worried about. The only problem we'll have is those little yellow flags that always come out when someone seems to touch him. People said the same thing when we played the steelers, what happened there? Texans played an amazing season and finally had a taste of the post-season, lets hope they train even harder and come back even hungrier.
Yes, texans secondary was vastly improved.

However, the texans have only beat manning, like what.. 2-3 times? I saw something like manning is 16-2 against the texans. He's been a terror with a 105'ish qb rating average during that span. He's also beaten the ravens 7 times ina row, something the texans failed to achieve twice this season, albeit a rookie qb ( a impressive one considering ) but still.

He's that good.

The main thing to be concerned about is how manning rebounds from his injury. Thats if he comes back. Also, thats if the texans can keep wade phillips as DC, he's already been flirting with the idea of head coaching again and there is plenty of vacancies this off-season.

I'd like to think they are gonna continue to do well next season, but aslong as 18 in under the helm, they better be ready to out-win everyone in the afc north to secure that wild card spot.

With that beign said, I'm not discrediting the texans, they have improved and i give them that, they just need to be that much better next season cuz u can't ignore #18.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love if the eagles hired wade as a dc.. That would be bad ***
Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Manning is a great qb, BUT lets face it about his record against the Texans......... the Texans have been historically that bad.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Main problem: Gary Kubiak
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Texans gave the ball to the Ravens 4 times and lost by only a Touchdown !!!

After Jacobys fumble with 10 minutes left in the first quarter, the Texans allowed only 13 points the rest of the way !!!!

**** - shoulda won this damn game
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Lets compare similar day rosters. Last season when Manning was healthy, it was Houston 1 - Indy 1. Manning played both games. This recent season had a much better D, and Manning hasn't gone against it yet. Yes, he is that good, but our team is also different than when he last suited up against them. Our pass rush has been phenomenal this season, with many QB's ending up on their backs for record counts during games.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

If I were the Texans, I would cut Mario Williams and go after another top-tier CB or WR.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Lets compare similar day rosters. Last season when Manning was healthy, it was Houston 1 - Indy 1. Manning played both games. This recent season had a much better D, and Manning hasn't gone against it yet. Yes, he is that good, but our team is also different than when he last suited up against them. Our pass rush has been phenomenal this season, with many QB's ending up on their backs for record counts during games.
In my opinion I believe your being over optimistic, that one win by the texans I believe was with a field goal at the end of regulation, not a lop-sided win. In this day and age, defense doesn't win championships, but by how often your offense can score, something indy has done for a decade against top 5 defenses.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
In my opinion I believe your being over optimistic, that one win by the texans I believe was with a field goal at the end of regulation, not a lop-sided win. In this day and age, defense doesn't win championships, but by how often your offense can score, something indy has done for a decade against top 5 defenses.
Defense will always win championships!!!

Why do u thk Manning only has "one" ring?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why do u thk the Saints and Packers are out the playoffs???? Powerhouse on offense but they both lack defense!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
Defense will always win championships!!!

Why do u thk Manning only has "one" ring?
I also remember the colts couldn't stop the run, and won a super bowl anyways against the #1 ranked bears defense. Manning is the only reason why they are as sucessful as they are, not their defense. The 2011 season is all the proof to validate this as fact, to go from afc south champs 20 years ina row to worst in the nfl in one season should show you he single handedly ran that team. He is the headcoach, qb coach, wr coach, te coach, OL coach, offensive coordinator and quarterback of the indianapolis colts.

Remember when he threw for a then record 49 touchdowns? and sat out for the final game of the season? Took tom brady a full 16 games to beat his record.

Why do u thk the Saints and Packers are out the playoffs???? Powerhouse on offense but they both lack defense!!
Drew bree's threw for over 450 yards and still lost, and darren sproles caught like 16 passes. In all reality alex smith outplayed drew brees at his own game, but thats another argument.

You forget about the patriots, dead last in every categorey. In fact, every team in the divisional round was ranked 32, 31, 30, 29 in pass defense. The top ranked defenses are knocked out of this years post season, including denver beating the all mighty steelers, and the texans falling to the over-rated ravens.

Defense does not score the points needed to win the game, you need an offense that counter balances your defenses ability to prevents scores. Colts being a perfect example.

The only exception to what i stated above is the 2000 ravens, when their defense outscored their offense for the majority of the season.

Last edited by LeanPocket; 01-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also remember the colts couldn't stop the run, and won a super bowl anyways against the #1 ranked bears defense. Manning is the only reason why they are as sucessful as they are, not their defense. The 2011 season is all the proof to validate this as fact, to go from afc south champs 20 years ina row to worst in the nfl in one season should show you he single handedly ran that team. He is the headcoach, qb coach, wr coach, te coach, OL coach, offensive coordinator and quarterback of the indianapolis colts.

Remember when he threw for a then record 49 touchdowns? and sat out for the final game of the season? Took tom brady a full 16 games to beat his record.

Drew bree's threw for over 450 yards and still lost, and darren sproles caught like 16 passes. In all reality alex smith outplayed drew brees at his own game, but thats another argument.

You forget about the patriots, dead last in every categorey. In fact, every team in the divisional round was ranked 32, 31, 30, 29 in pass defense. The top ranked defenses are knocked out of this years post season, including denver beating the all mighty steelers, and the texans falling to the over-rated ravens.

Defense does not score the points needed to win the game, you need an offense that counter balances your defenses ability to prevents scores. Colts being a perfect example.

The only exception to what i stated above is the 2000 ravens, when their defense outscored their offense for the majority of the season.
lol the bears were garbage then and now. They produced no offensive threat other than hester. We all knew who was gonna win that SB!!!

LMAO at broncos...

Steelers battled the injury bug all year both sides of tbe ball so they were fortunate to at least make the playoffs.

I understand and agree an offense is needed to score points but creating turnovers and gettin defensive stops is what's gonna win u games.. Period!

Defense is what got the 49ers and Ravens to their conference championship gms. We all witnessed it this weekend. Don't u agree??

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 01-17-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Actually, the first win last year was when Arian Foster had his coming out party. 231 yards on 33 carries. 34-24 Texans. Keeping Manning on the sidelines is highly effective.

After that game, the defense kept them from winning a lot of their games.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand and agree an offense is needed to score points but creating turnovers and gettin defensive stops is what's gonna win u games.. Period!

Defense is what got the 49ers and Ravens to their conference championship gms. We all witnessed it this weekend. Don't u agree??
49er's no, ravens yes. Like i said, the 49er's could not stop drew bree's and the offense fumbled by themselves 1/2 the time. Donte Whitner did attend baller university before showing up, thats for sure. Alex smith was the better quarterback that game, throwing the ball in traffic, and running it into the endzone on his own.

49ers statistically are a phenom, however allowing 500+ yards that game is not great defense. I do predict them beating the giants.

Also on a side note, it's embarressing to loose to the broncos when the opposing quarterback completes only 10 passes and still wins the game.

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Actually, the first win last year was when Arian Foster had his coming out party. 231 yards on 33 carries. 34-24 Texans. Keeping Manning on the sidelines is highly effective.

After that game, the defense kept them from winning a lot of their games.

-Mike
I stand corrected, i was thinking the wrong season. They need to pay foster Chris johnson money, he accounts for like 60% of their yards per game.

I do remember something like the colts loosing every starting RB and WR and still won the south that year. Doesn;t matter who he throws to, he still makes plays.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

49ers statistically are a phenom, however allowing 500+ yards that game is not great defense. I do predict them beating the giants.

Also on a side note, it's embarressing to loose to the broncos when the opposing quarterback completes only 10 passes and still wins the game.
Well that game was exciting and shootouts are gonna happen regardless of how strong a defense is. But it all comes down to who gets stops and forces turnovers IMO.

Yea tebow's numbers were ridiculous and i was like wtf... **** happens LOL
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Sadly, I could see Mario's salary going towards Foster. Foster has been a HUGE bang for the buck the last two seasons. When he led the NFL in rushing yards, his contract was for something like $395,000. No ****. He was only at $525K this past season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/arian-foster/
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, Foster was undrafted because of questions about his work ethic. Either everyone was very wrong about him, or he matured after college. As a result, he has a minimum contract.

Pay him, Rick.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cut/trade Jones and williams. Get a strong corner and a strong receiver/tight end. Keep Phillips here and keep Foster here for a long time.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

In semi-related news, look who (not surprisingly) got fired today.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

62-7 Lol

He was a complete idiot of a head coach that season. Hey lets pick up Kerry collins *face palm*

Quick Reply: Houston Texans Discussion Thread