Stolen Wheels/tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stolen Wheels/tires

I know this will be a long shot but if you guys happen to see a set of Moto Metal Black 751's and Nitto Mud Grappler 35X12.50X 17s for sale please let me know. I'm in the Pinemont/Bingle area off 290.

Picture of wheels with older tires. Thanks guys.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

That sucks. Details about the theft? How did they jack it up to get the wheels off?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
That sucks. Details about the theft? How did they jack it up to get the wheels off?
Well not exactly sure Tony. I came out around 7:30am to run some errands and came out to find all the gorilla locks on the ground next to the truck and sitting on landscaping blocks. Apparently in the front the jacked it up by the control arms since I could see evidence of a jack being there. Other than this I have no idea how it was done.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

damn man, keep an eye on craigslist. i had a trailer get stolen and a dumbass sent me the trailer vin before i came and looked at it. i'll keep an open eye also. good luck.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had this before. good luck on finding your wheels man.

Dont be surprised if they come back when you get new wheels either. So do something different to stop like a an alarm or better lugs.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

you can use the best lugs available. there are tools to remove them. heck even snap on sells them.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Tilt sensors combined with a perimeter sensor on a good pager style alarm is not a bad idea after this .had a truck broken into once , thats all it took for me.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just hammer on the right socket and it'll grab enough to remove. Done it before when I couldn't find my lock key. Plus it's not hard to buy one since it's not exactly a one off tool. They're nothing more than false security.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Teching In

I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

Beating a socket over all those lug nuts might make a little noise. I would venture to say they had a tool for this job, and it was definitely planned out pretty well. Probably took at least 2 guys. The good thing is they are unique wheels and tires, so they shouldn't be hard to spot if someone comes across them...
Old 12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used a regular socket to remove MY lugs. But they probably went to AZ or Wally world and just stole the correct socket for the locks.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

A 19mm socket will get it done normally and pretty quickly. They most likely used a socket, hammer, and electric impact. Takes about 30 seconds to a minute per wheel. This is exactly what I do on customers cars being that most have no idea they have wheel locks.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Tilt sensors combined with a perimeter sensor on a good pager style alarm is not a bad idea after this .had a truck broken into once , thats all it took for me.
Yep gotta get tilt sensors, had them installed with viper alarm and paging system for my 2011 Silverado. They got me when it was a month old. Now I also have a drive way alert that lets me know when some one is near my truck in the driveway, $15 at harbor freight. Since then I have startled one set of potential crooks. As soon as they heard the click-clack they were gone and never been back.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
Well not exactly sure Tony. I came out around 7:30am to run some errands and came out to find all the gorilla locks on the ground next to the truck and sitting on landscaping blocks. Apparently in the front the jacked it up by the control arms since I could see evidence of a jack being there. Other than this I have no idea how it was done.
i live off 290 and telge and this happened right across the parking lot from our apartment about 2 weeks ago... Glad i have a garage for my babies if i found one of my cars like this i would kill a ******* theif if i caught them doing some **** like this. lots of wheels getting stolen prolly on ebay and will end up being someone christmas present.
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Wheels/tires-camaro.jpg  
Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
i live off 290 and telge and this happened right across the parking lot from our apartment about 2 weeks ago... Glad i have a garage for my babies if i found one of my cars like this i would kill a ******* theif if i caught them doing some **** like this. lots of wheels getting stolen prolly on ebay and will end up being someone christmas present.
You figure it would be harder to do that in an apartment complex with so many potential people around.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
You figure it would be harder to do that in an apartment complex with so many potential people around.

thieves sometimes just don't give a damn
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Launching!

good luck on getting your wheels back/replaced. that truck looks so sick. pretty much exactly what i want, except i'd love a crew cab.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
good luck on getting your wheels back/replaced. that truck looks so sick. pretty much exactly what i want, except i'd love a crew cab.
Thanks man! Love the way your vette looks man! I was gonna go with a different set but decided to keep the same wheel setup. I'm pretty sure they are on someone else's ride or broken down by now
Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
WOW! That's nuts man! These guys were nice enough to put all 4 rotors/drums on landscaping pavers for me. Sad part is I never much heard them nor my neighbors. Oh well I hope karma comes back and then some on these pathetic excuse of a person.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
that's actually probably the reason so many theives get away with stuff in apartment complexes like that.....there's usually so many people around, if anyone comes across someone "working on their car" in the parking lot, they'll figure that it's just the owner doing it, because no theif would be dumb enough to steal stuff with that many people around.

then, on top of that, you have so many people these days that just don't care and don't look out for other people's property, that unless the person coming across the theives actually knows who the owner is, and cares about that person, they usually don't say anything.

Quick Reply: Stolen Wheels/tires