Lubbock

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lubbock

I am currently residing in Missouri and have had a job offer to go to Lubbock to work and finish up school. I'm wanting to know what is the town like? Is safe, fun, whats the weather like, and how is the LS1 population? anything info would be great.

-Brad
Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

town sucks, very dry, cold, snows/sleets, smells like ****.... has dust storms. if the wind blows one way it smells like dead cows and ****, if it blows the oppisite direction it smells of oil refineries
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

from what i have seen this place is already kinda biased against it, there's a local forum i forgot what the name of it is, look it up when i get home tomorrow. Personally i love it, but then agian i was born there and spend a lot of time there. Texas Speed & Performance is up there, and everytime im up there i see a good amount of cars around. Yeah there is a few things that arent the best, but youll get that in any city. The weather is actually pretty nice most of the year. It doesnt snow every year but sometimes youll get a decent amount. During the summer it gets pretty hot but its a dry heat, 105 in dry heat is a hell of a lot better than 90 in high humidity which is what its like where i am right now. Its usually pretty nice in spring and fall. Also up there its a hell of a lot shorter drive to go skiing in NM or Colorado, which i miss a lot havent been in a while. If you have any specific questions you can pm me if you want, if i dont know the answer i can get it my dad lived there for 25+ years.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
town sucks, very dry, cold, snows/sleets, smells like ****.... has dust storms. if the wind blows one way it smells like dead cows and ****, if it blows the oppisite direction it smells of oil refineries
baaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaha

The town isn't all bad, but it does have all of the aforementioned.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

texas ta said it best. the town doesnt always smell like ****. and the only refineries out there are cotton refineries, and i honestly think they smell good. The roads are shitty, but most everyone who lives there is very nice. The forum he was talking about was racelubbock.com. ls1 population is ok, there are a quite a few very quick cars out there. One thing that sucks about it is that you can only buy alcohol outside city limits, so alot of people dont like to drive out to the strip to get it. IMO the weather there is beautiful, minus the occasional dust storm. There is hardly any humidity, so you can wear jeans in the summer and not die from the heat. Even in the winter you can block out the cold with just a jacket.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Well Ive been accepted to Tx. Tech. and the bar i work at now is getting ready to open one in Lubbock and i can go down there and have a guarenteed good paying job while i go to school. This would be a change of scenery which is something i need. thanks for the info

-Brad
Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh the bar scene is lame too

lubbock is a dry county... yeah just a couple more things
Old 11-05-2006, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleep-ez
Well Ive been accepted to Tx. Tech. and the bar i work at now is getting ready to open one in Lubbock and i can go down there and have a guarenteed good paying job while i go to school. This would be a change of scenery which is something i need. thanks for the info

-Brad
cool, im hoping to be there in a couple more semesters to finish up my engineering degree. want to get as many classes that i can out of the way at a cheaper, closer to home school right now. I plan on living in Lubbock, DFW, or Houston when i finish my degree with where i want to live in that order also, im going to like being in a big city with some decent performance shop where there are some quicker cars. ill prolly be up there sometime in december so i might have to see if anything is going on up there meet up with some of the ls1tech guys up there
Old 11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

yep, www.racelubbock.com is the forum to visit for all the local events and goings on. Texas Speed, as mentioned, is there, so you have plenty of LS1 cars running around....plenty of fast ones who are always up for a run. The Stang population is healthy too, so you get some change of scenery here and there.

Cold, not really. Hot, yea sometimes. And for the single guys, there are plenty of good looking women out there because of TTU!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

What bar if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by forty4
What bar if you don't mind me asking?
+1 on that so i can look it up next time im up there
Old 11-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
+1 on that so i can look it up next time im up there
Up here the bar is called Cowboys 2000, in lubbock it might be the same or called club rodeo (which is the name of the Tulsa bar.) My old roommate is down there renovating the inside, he says the bar is massive inside. I dont even know where in lubbock it is. But it will have live bull riding inside (no mechanical bulls.) there is a small ring inside the bar where PBR's will compete for money. Its a country themed bar but a mix between country and new age hip hop, and rap.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Club Rodeo is going in the old Graham's building on Spur 327, west of Frankford
Old 11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Launching!

the only thing lubbock has going for it is the chics and parties. overall the bars arent that great but its not like you cant have fun goin out with friends. and yes the town either smells like cow **** or oil, depends on the wind direction.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Up here the bar is called Cowboys 2000, in lubbock it might be the same or called club rodeo (which is the name of the Tulsa bar.) My old roommate is down there renovating the inside, he says the bar is massive inside. I dont even know where in lubbock it is. But it will have live bull riding inside (no mechanical bulls.) there is a small ring inside the bar where PBR's will compete for money. Its a country themed bar but a mix between country and new age hip hop, and rap.
Holy red neck
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

All i can say is i was born there and most my family is there. Been there many many times and my reasons for hating it aren't because of tech...The town just sucks. It's a "big" town with very little in it. Gotta drive really far to get to anything. It's a typical west texas town. As said about the wind blowing in any direction...that's a fact, well been that way everytime i've been there which is a hell of alot.

William
Old 11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

I heard a Tornado took out the high school a few years back...at least that's some excitement..
Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am currently residing in Missouri and have had a job offer to go to Lubbock to work and finish up school. I'm wanting to know what is the town like? Is safe, fun, whats the weather like, and how is the LS1 population? anything info would be great.

-Brad
I can guarantee that Lubbock will be a great upgrade from Springfield, MO. I know this because I have spent some time in Springfield and wasnt too impressed. The bar scene will be better, although I had a good time at the few places I visited. We have a place kinda like Jordan Creek, its called Daquiri Lounge...and the depot is much larger than what you guys have over there...more bars and more women! Only downside is that you better get ready for the "land scape" shock...Lubbock is flatter than Paris Hilton, unlike Springfield that has curves and hills that remind me of Vida Guerra

Hope that helps...
Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

They got some hurricane force winds and tumble weeds that can do some major damage(learned that first hand). Other then the wind and it being a dry county its not that bad of a city.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ziptie
I heard a Tornado took out the high school a few years back...at least that's some excitement..
THE high school? Are you kidding? Where's Kerville? And how many 5A high schools do they have?