Accident in Sugar Land

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident in Sugar Land

My mom told me a dear co-worker of hers passed away last night after a car accident. It happened on Lexington and Williams Trace. He was a car enthusiast and owned several different cars.

The vehicle he died in was his and either a Viper SRT-10 or Ram SRT-10. Anyone else heard?

So far I was only able to get one article. I wanted to get more info though.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5968854

Never met him, but RIP to a fellow enthusiast.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-p...-accident.html

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anyt...r-houston.html

That was one of my very good friends and he was a fellow car enthusiast, his name was John Myrick.

http://forums.viperclub.org/members/john-myrick.html

John was a long time enthusiast involved in the Viper, Z06, TTA, GNTType scene and an all around great guy. The details I have at this point are incomplete at this point. What I know at this point is he was taking somone who was in from out of town to their hotel who had been at the house. They were in John's truck. John apparently lost control of the truck and hit a tree. John was killed instantly, and his passenger was Life Flighted to Houston.

I know many of the Houston area people will want to extend their sympathies to John's family and pay their respects, so once I have more details, I will share them with you.

As I said, anyone who knew John knows that he was a fantastic person, and an all around great guy. The world will be an emptier place because of his passing.

John B. Myrick, P.E., is Director of Process Technology, overseeing Commonwealth's process design and simulation for the various refining, gas processing and chemical processing clients served by Commonwealth. He has nearly 20 years of experience encompassing process design through startup of several hydrotreaters, hydrocrackers and gas plants. He has performed process simulations of existing turbo-expander gas plants and NGL/NRU/HRU cold box. His chemical process experience includes process design of a reactor effluent system and process simulations of specialty chemical production and purification units.
Myrick was formerly Principal Process Engineer for Fluor Corporation on numerous international and domestic projects. He also served in both engineering and business development roles with SNC-Lavalin America. He acted as CITGO Petroleum Corp’s. client representative for the front-end engineering and detail engineering of a grassroots crude and vacuum unit. At Kellogg, Brown & Root, Myrick was responsible for the front-end phase of the process design for low sulfur gasoline for ExxonMobil Refining and Supply, and also an expanded upgrader study for Petro-Canada.
Myrick holds a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Texas A&M University and is a registered professional engineer in Texas

Last edited by J-Rod; 02-20-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you JRod. Yes, my mother works at Commonwealth Engineering alongside John and other colleagues. It is quite a loss. I didn't realize he actually was a regular on other forums.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM

John had a ton of cars, and was an active drag racer and road racer. He was the co-driver of the One Lap of America Z06 which was campained by Ron Adee, and built by MTI. John had a number neat vehicles. He was a regular member or lurker on a great many sites including this one.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

god bless him and his family
Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
9 Second Club

I didn't recognize the name but I have met him before at last year's supra event. I live ~1 mile from that intersection, I didn't see the accident... sad
Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rip, Sorry to hear about your friend J-Rod. I remember the name from Hennessey, It doesn't hit home until you see one of your fellow car enthusiast pass.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG. Joe and I new John very well. We built the truck he was driving when we worked at RSI. I am really sad and hope to make it to the funeral. May god watch over John and his family.

Amber
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've met him a few times, seemed like a nice guy and a true car nut. May God bless him and his family.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 AM

I will post up details as I get them. Right now, the tenative plan is to have visitation on Friday from 4-8 in Sugarland. The funeral will be in Cleveland, Texas (north of Houston) on Saturday.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 PM

This is the information that was just posted on our company e-mail. Thanks for all your support for the family. I'll be sure to let them know.........

Here are the arrangements for John Myrick’s memorial service:

On Friday there will be a visitation from 5:00pm to 7:00pm at the

Earthman Funeral Home
Southwest Chapel
12555 South Kirkwood
Stafford, TX 77477

Tel. 281 240-3300
Fax. 281 240-3334

On Saturday there will be a visitation from 2:00pm to 3:30pm, with memorial service to follow at the

Pace-Stancil Funeral Home
303 E. Crockett
Cleveland Tx, 77327
Tel. 281 592-2641

Burial will be at the Cleveland Memorial Park Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the charity of your choice.

Last edited by J-Rod; 02-21-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: corrected address
Old 02-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Default I am Sorry

Hello All, My name is Joe Banowsky and I want to first say I am sorry to all who knew John.

The accident happened right behind my fathers house and I was first one on the scene. My first plan of action was to rescue all as quickly as possible unfortunately I could not rescue John. The Vehicle was on fire and I did all I could to keep the flames from reaching him untill the Fire Department arrived.
I will say that I was successful in keeping the flames away so as to keep him safe from the flames. We were also able to save his friend and got him the medical attention he desperately needed. My heart goes out to all of his friends and family and I would like to know if his friend is recovering from his injuries. If someone could email me as to the condition of his friend it would be greatly appreciated, my email is joetexan2000@yahoo.com.
Again let me stress how sorry my family is for his family and his friends.
Thank you

Joe Banowsky
Old 02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by newton
Thank you JRod. Yes, my mother works at Commonwealth Engineering alongside John and other colleagues. It is quite a loss. I didn't realize he actually was a regular on other forums.
My father works at Commonwealth also. He said he was a really nice guy.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you Joe and thank you all. Like I said, never met the man, but I pay my deepest condolences to his family.

Originally Posted by red92rsls1
My father works at Commonwealth also. He said he was a really nice guy.
Great to hear. Which department and what is his name? Our parents probably work alongside one another.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM

Joe,

Thanks for all you did. I believe the passenger was one of John's co-workers. It was my understanding that he was supposed to be released to go home from the hospital today. But, I cannot confirm that as being a fact.

I think there was some concern about his injuries initally, but I believe that thankfully it turned out to be less than originally thought. Someone from Commonwealth could probably speak to that, as I believe the other person injured may have been a co-worker.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by newton
Thank you Joe and thank you all. Like I said, never met the man, but I pay my deepest condolences to his family.

Great to hear. Which department and what is his name? Our parents probably work alongside one another.
Engineering & his name is Dan R.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Joe,

Thanks for all you did. I believe the passenger was one of John's co-workers. It was my understanding that he was supposed to be released to go home from the hospital today. But, I cannot confirm that as being a fact.

I think there was some concern about his injuries initally, but I believe that thankfully it turned out to be less than originally thought. Someone from Commonwealth could probably speak to that, as I believe the other person injured may have been a co-worker.
I just called my father and he said it was a client.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

RIP. I wish his family and all of those who were around him the best. Now he is make laps around the track with the god in the passenger seat.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM

I am not a regular poster on this board as yall probably know and I did not know John. Please let the family know we will pray for them in this terrible time. Thank you for your responses and God Bless.

Quick Reply: Accident in Sugar Land