Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Possible job, but idk...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible job, but idk...

Well I found this ad on craigslist, and I set up an interview. I went in today, and had the interview. It went pretty good, and the owner wants me to come in tomorrow for a 2nd interview from 9am til 5pm, and to see the warehouse and everything. But Im just skeptical if its based pay plus commission, or if its just commission based? Its a full time job aswell...what do you guys think???

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...303226222.html

The place is called L.A. Art Connection. Should I go in tomorrow to check it out? Or then I do have an appointment at select staffing tomorrow morning aswell to help me get a part time job with base pay.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Must work well with the opposite sex, like money, music and people. There is minimal supervision and no dress code. Several positions available from entry level to Management. We offer many perks...from Bonuses to Vacations. No experience Necessary- Will train for every position. All positions are full time (Monday - Friday). For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad or send your resume to Resedaemployment@yahoo.com

If you take out the first sentence it sounds like you just applied for a **** star.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats pretty funny. also this is the email the guy sent me before I called in for the interview. its an art distribution warehouse.

"Good morning.....and thank you for inquiring about our ad on Craigslist. We are an art and decorating firm based in Reseda. We specialize in local photography, some of the more famous masters like Picasso and Ansel Adams and we publish, frame and wholesale them throughout the United States and Canada. We are currently looking to fill several positions ranging from Secretary to Management to Distribution and Warehouse work. All of our positions are paid training and are full time (Monday - Friday).

If you are interested, we would like to schedule an appointment with you for an interview.

Please give us a call during normal business hours at (Tel: 818-881-5278) to set up a day and time to come in.

Thanks ....and we look forward to meeting you.

Have a great day!

Keanu "
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

every job there has a catch... 1st job i applied to, wanted me to go around people's houses selling knives...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

no ****!!!I applied for a driving job and it ended up being a kirby vaccum side show!!!! But getting scammed while trying to find a job is reDAMNdiculous
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
every job there has a catch... 1st job i applied to, wanted me to go around people's houses selling knives...
I got a job offer in the mail out of HS to do that for that bullshit Vector company without even applying!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m6ttop
no ****!!!I applied for a driving job and it ended up being a kirby vaccum side show!!!! But getting scammed while trying to find a job is reDAMNdiculous
that is some twisted **** on their part lol
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I got a job offer in the mail out of HS to do that for that bullshit Vector company without even applying!
yup, haha vector, there you go... **** that, i wasted like an hour and a half for their presentation lmao
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be prepared to sell, and if you don't, you'll be looking for another job in a month.

I'd say take it, but I am skeptical of the full day "interview". They are probably gonna have you work the floor (for free).

I mean, c'mon, seriously, why would you need to be there all day? You didn't apply for the surgeon position at Kaiser.

Quick Reply: Possible job, but idk...