Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

street racing a felony ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry street racing a felony ?

I was watching the the news and they were saying that in California if you get caught street racing that it will now bw considered a felony? What pisses me off is that street racing is now a felony and getting a DUI is not WTF!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

California is all sorts of f'd up laws/rules etc.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

hell yeah!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not in cali, but i work in florida.....we got to a point a few years back to where we almost had just as many killed in street racing as we did in dui....i wont state all the stipulations....but if your caught street racing here, your DL is gone, we take bikes and sometimes cars...for good to
Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

thats retarded
Old 09-24-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^hmm sounds like your just angry, its good you can just vent on here i guess.....people dieing either way isnt retarded....makes my job more complicated anyway
Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

I take it your a cop
Old 09-24-2006, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

he is. i still dont see why a DUI wouldnt be a felony if you have "almost just as many killed as a dui"... so therefore DUI still kills more. Sounds to me like theres more money in busting punk *** kids and taking their rides for street racing.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats interesting.... I would still consider driving drunk way more dangerous. Plus, I bet most of the people getting killed street racing are Ricers - You know, the ones that race in & out of traffic. I am confident that most of you will agree with me. People dieing is not retarted. You know what is retarted?... I have to drive to a diffrent STATE to race my car on a track. THATS retarterd.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thats interesting.... I would still consider driving drunk way more dangerous. Plus, I bet most of the people getting killed street racing are Ricers - You know, the ones that race in & out of traffic. I am confident that most of you will agree with me. People dieing is not retarted. You know what is retarted?... I have to drive to a diffrent STATE to race my car on a track. THATS retarterd
Hell yeah.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 09-24-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow, im not going to get into arguements with people in here because its pointless.....but to try to point to just one group of racers who cause problems....you cant do that, "well i think tonight were just gonna stop hondas"....and im not going to get into the other thread to because thats just a flame thread.....but to also say "cops need to stop the real criminals"....i dont know how the things go in LA, but here, we have more deaths right now from traffic then we do from murder....so i have no problem giving people tickets, taking peoples cars, and arresting people who shouldnt be driving...

fellas, we have tracks for reasons.....we have DD for reasons....we have speed limits for reasons....all these laws and rules have been passed by represintives that YOU all elected....my job is to enforce it no matter what it is

do they not have tracks in long island?.....
Old 09-24-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

im from texas and im not sure how bad it is but i agree that street racing is dumb and so is DUI. im sure at one point or another we have street raced. but it doesnt matter if its even on a closed road there is always someone that could get killed. i could see why some people might street race if there isnt a track or dont wanna pay but still. im starting to wanna go to the track more rather than play on the streets. i guess all i really can say is if you dont mind endangering people's lives and dont mind paying the full consiquences if you injury or kill someone then go ahead and do it.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

isn't it true that most deaths classified as street racing....are not real street racing related....
Just cause some dumb *** under the age of 25 in a Camaro is doing 120+ and loses control....kills himself as well as the passengers......considered STREET RACING DEATHS......
Same situation a 40yr. old travelling thru a freeway at night in a Toyota Camry doing 120+, loses control kills himself....etc..... Reckless driver... doesn't make the morning news.....
Compare true street racing deaths....against true DUI related deaths.....
and I ask myself WTF.........
Old 09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

You pay to play
Old 09-24-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

but as stated before by staringback05........
we elect these people that bring these laws up in the first place....
it's up to us to draw attention away from ourselves and direct towards DUI's ....
Old 09-24-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well im a cop here in LA and as far as i know its not a felony, its still a misd, but you will lose your license and get your car taken, for good.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

you cant place a cloak over something and direct attention, if you want things changed you need to talk to those who are elected....dont make my job harder, because i know its frustrating.....racing is racing really, it doesnt matter who does it...hell even if its not racing, it still falls under a traffic fatality....which as a whole is what we are trying to reduce
Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's simple don't street race and you won't have to worry about becoming a felon or lossing your car/license/freedom.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well i admit i streetrace from time to time, but i do not race in traffic, when innocent people could get killed, i will go out in the middle of nowhere, and race and the only people that will get hurt is the guy i am racing against, and myself. i do think people that race in high traffic areas, should lose their license, but i also think racing in the middle of nowhere and a sheriff just happens to troll on by, that shouldnt be considered a felony, or be able to lose your license and car for. but thats just my opinion.

Quick Reply: street racing a felony ?