Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

street racing a felony ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres the bottom line, your a pig, ****** rank smelling pig, one to inforce laws to protect people, its another to enforce them to make yourself feel more powerful, and you go home to your wife and say "honey i wrote up this kid today in a camaro for exhibition of speed, he chirped his tire from an intersection, so i impounded his car and then booked him, arent i badass honey". I guess this ego trip of yours is making up for other inadequate little things in your life that just quite cant get the job done and your wife knows it

dude your the man!!! I could not have said it better myself if you want to see a simalar story to your comparison of the teen read my thread DAMN COPS!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Cool

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^ something youve failed to put in your statement is ethics....i swore to uphold the laws of this country, of my state, and the policies of my department....as for the policy of giving tickets during ideal conditions....that might be true, but we also have a policy of giving stiffer fines and punishment for violations during less then ideal conditions, we enforce those whenever possible.....as for being a FTO, why are you letting a officer on probation stop someone on MERE SUSPICION?, i would have been form foured and green sheeted for that...IF i only stopped them because of that and proceded to hassle the person.

i wont go into california politics either about the states laws you have there and policies of your departments....i work in north east florida and our speed limits are set very generously actually, using common sense and problem solving is a every day thing, its when it all boils down....THAT IT BECOMES BLACK AND WHITE....when im done with a shift, my job doesnt come home....and my home life doesnt get involved in my job....but i live a fun life, i go surfing, i work on my car, and hangout with friends...alot of officers cant do that

and finally about my sig.....being someone who is talking about being outside the black and white....you being someone who used to be a police officer should see the sarcasm involved with such a statement, because writing tickets is a point that police officers are usually and only judged on

people race, people speed, people drive drunk.....they get tickets...bottom line
Your questioning my ethics now? Part of ethics is being fair and acting on a case by case basis; citizens deserve that. What's this talk about you getting green sheeted? Do you really think my trainee stopped and hassled the person suspected of an alleged infraction out of the blue? It was something we responded to...Deet Da Dee! Writing a ticket/cite and or executing an arrest is an "allegation." That is why the person being accused is called a "suspect," they are not guilty of ANY crime until it's sustained by a Judge. What Police Academy did you go too?

People are getting irritated at you because you assume an aire of superiority over the public by thinking your better than them. That gives cops a bad rap. You have to be fair and just with people based on the situation, not blindly enforce a law or code. It seems clear you see no difference in a ricer blasting in and out of traffic and old guy in his hot rod accelerating for fun in a responsible manner. Would you also book him (old man) for a felony? My Captain had a WS6 Ram air Firehawk and would challenge me to a roll on comparo from time to time. Do you still consider this felony behavior? Prison is a tool to protect society from dangerous individuals like rapist, murderers and terrorists. We shouln't lock away people for doing a burn out. I surmise you are a young rookie that slipped through the psychological. I'm referring to your ego and "holier than thou" attitude. I like how you tell members on this site to just take whats comming when you get pulled over like "your the boss;" and moreover expect that they should find humor in your authority of getting free flat screen TV's for every 1500 ticket you write...and mys ethics are in question? If you pulled over your Chief/Sheriff for DUI would you book him in or call him a cab? There is a word for cops who exercise black and white thinking in every case, it called "unemployed." This racing debate is known in law enforcement as "crime of the month." Apaprently it's your time of the month. Knowing only what I know of you, I probably would have failed you as a trainee. i am not kidding when I say that.

You need to abandon your polarized thinking if want to promote past corporal. BTW, what is the deal with the radio control car anology? Did you advise those felons to not double park the RC cars in the parking lot and properly display thier permits for handicapped parking? I was unaware the purview of law enforcement affected them...guess I'll have to review the RC car vehicle code before I'm disbarred! I'm with you on this one, the TEMERITY of those scumbags that would drive their little toy cars in the parking lot rather than a race track ...Who the hell do they think they are challenging YOUR authority like that!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Import Patrol

I have been busted for drag racing here in chicago. And from my understanding you could of always got charged with a felony. It all depends on the judge and the circumstances of the race. If your hauling *** in a residental neighborhood going 100mph, you deserve what you get. But if you racing on some dead, vacant road then it will (usually) you don't usually get the worse they can give out.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Your questioning my ethics now? Part of ethics is being fair and acting on a case by case basis; citizens deserve that. What's this talk about you getting green sheeted? Do you really think my trainee stopped and hassled the person suspected of an alleged infraction out of the blue? It was something we responded to...Deet Da Dee! Writing a ticket/cite and or executing an arrest is an "allegation." That is why the person being accused is called a "suspect," they are not guilty of ANY crime until it's sustained by a Judge. What Police Academy did you go too?

People are getting irritated at you because you assume an aire of superiority over the public by thinking your better than them. That gives cops a bad rap. You have to be fair and just with people based on the situation, not blindly enforce a law or code. It seems clear you see no difference in a ricer blasting in and out of traffic and old guy in his hot rod accelerating for fun in a responsible manner. Would you also book him (old man) for a felony? My Captain had a WS6 Ram air Firehawk and would challenge me to a roll on comparo from time to time. Do you still consider this felony behavior? Prison is a tool to protect society from dangerous individuals like rapist, murderers and terrorists. We shouln't lock away people for doing a burn out. I surmise you are a young rookie that slipped through the psychological. I'm referring to your ego and "holier than thou" attitude. I like how you tell members on this site to just take whats comming when you get pulled over like "your the boss;" and moreover expect that they should find humor in your authority of getting free flat screen TV's for every 1500 ticket you write...and mys ethics are in question? If you pulled over your Chief/Sheriff for DUI would you book him in or call him a cab? There is a word for cops who exercise black and white thinking in every case, it called "unemployed." This racing debate is known in law enforcement as "crime of the month." Apaprently it's your time of the month. Knowing only what I know of you, I probably would have failed you as a trainee. i am not kidding when I say that.

You need to abandon your polarized thinking if want to promote past corporal. BTW, what is the deal with the radio control car anology? Did you advise those felons to not double park the RC cars in the parking lot and properly display thier permits for handicapped parking? I was unaware the purview of law enforcement affected them...guess I'll have to review the RC car vehicle code before I'm disbarred! I'm with you on this one, the TEMERITY of those scumbags that would drive their little toy cars in the parking lot rather than a race track ...Who the hell do they think they are challenging YOUR authority like that!

AMEN!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by import slayer
dude your the man!!! I could not have said it better myself if you want to see a simalar story to your comparison of the teen read my thread DAMN COPS!!!
what i said my generalization of cops like him. not all are like that, i know quite a few cops that are cool, and exercise their authority when it is right to do so. unlike this pig. and i only call cops like this guy pigs, cops that are fair and just, i actually respect them, they wont get those names from me.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

1. dont question my ethics because YOU DONT KNOW ME....2. i dont care what the teenagers are saying, and how they just want to flame me....3. do not post your opinions of me as stated fact because you dont know what ive done on patrol and what i do for my community....4. i take everything on a case by case basis, but you dont know wtf your talking about....when a arrest has to occur you cant back away from it....thats how you get fired...and personally ill write a 1000 shitty tickets before i lose my job for someone.....5. you act like im controlling and some power freak when in fact ive done NOTHING BUT STATE FACT in this thread....6. for those who've shot off there mouth and looked stupid by dropping to name calling, you know nothing about me...7. YOU posted the rookie stopped a guy on MERE SUSPICION and hassled him.....YOU CANT DO THAT, THATS WHAT GETS THESE PEOPLE TO CALL COPS PIGS....8..my academy is one of the best in the state of florida....we covered 817 hours of training...and its also funny how we WONT take calis certifications....but cali WILL take ours.....judge your own **** before you judge anyone else....for those who understand the rules, laws, and **** that goes on during a day....thank you....for those who are here to just flame, talk **** about cops, or judge.....STFU
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Built LT1
....youve got to be kidding me, this is why i hate to reply to people who have not read MY WHOLE DAMN POST....i said...before i was a cop....as in college years....i worked on ls1's and rc cars....i told SMART *** PEOPLE not to race there cars in the parking lot cause we wouldnt be responsible for someone hitting them.....i was trying to save them the hassle of ruining there cars....but you would have known that if you read my whole post

anyways....this post is going nowhere, nothing but flames....so as of now im gonna do my part to let it die......back to "good ole" pac10 football and talking about cars

Last edited by staringback05; 09-25-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
felony is not mandatory 1+ years in prison, i have a friend that got a felony and got 180 days house arrest, and 3 years formal probation.
Never said it is a mandatory year+, but that is the general definition. The actual punishment is up to the judge, albet there are minimums punishments for most felonies.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Never said it is a mandatory year+, but that is the general definition. The actual punishment is up to the judge, albet there are minimums punishments for most felonies.
ok misunderstanding.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

1. dont question my ethics because YOU DONT KNOW ME....2. i dont care what the teenagers are saying, and how they just want to flame me....3. do not post your opinions of me as stated fact because you dont know what ive done on patrol and what i do for my community....4. i take everything on a case by case basis, but you dont know wtf your talking about....when a arrest has to occur you cant back away from it....thats how you get fired...and personally ill write a 1000 shitty tickets before i lose my job for someone.....5. you act like im controlling and some power freak when in fact ive done NOTHING BUT STATE FACT in this thread....6. for those who've shot off there mouth and looked stupid by dropping to name calling, you know nothing about me...7. YOU posted the rookie stopped a guy on MERE SUSPICION and hassled him.....YOU CANT DO THAT, THATS WHAT GETS THESE PEOPLE TO CALL COPS PIGS....8..my academy is one of the best in the state of florida....we covered 817 hours of training...and its also funny how we WONT take calis certifications....but cali WILL take ours.....judge your own **** before you judge anyone else....for those who understand the rules, laws, and **** that goes on during a day....thank you....for those who are here to just flame, talk **** about cops, or judge.....STFU
we got the Pig all hot and bothered, like smoked ham.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

AMEN
Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well Ladies Like The Man Said......back Good 'ole Car Talk!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

I'll respond to your points in decending order:

1. I don't question your ethics of character, I question your inability or refusal to think critically or "question" enforcement in exercising "sprit of the law." You corrected me by saying you do in fact take things on case by case basis. By your response I would infer you would not bust an old hot rodder engaging in spirited driving? A professor told me "If we do not lead by moral force, we are by acquiescence the followers of those who fail to act and subjects of those who impose their will."

2. I really don't care what teenagers say unless they have something worthy to add either, sometimes emotion can trump logic and they try to flame you, I am not trying to flame you.

3. I can only opinionate on what I know of your writing(s) in the tread. It is an observation on my part as well as an interpretration that I responded too. I don't assert my opinion of you as fact because I don't know you personally. My opinion has already improved of you based on your allusion of community service during your patrol.

4. I am always learning.

5. You do come off that way, maybe it's not overt to you because the reaction of others are the psychological sound board of your identity, this is why other members verbally lashed out at you. Maybe take some time and reflect how others have misinterpreted your opinions and or humor? Humbly step back and let them know your real feelings, they are likely to open up and re-evaluate you.

6. Resorting to epithets (name calling) is an immature and emotional response by an individual lacking the intellectual faculties to make a point; and I do not support or find humor in it.

7. The trainee and I reponded to a trival criminal complaint made by an unknown reporting party, the rights of the citizen was not violated. If I used poor wording than that was my fault. This should bring us back to number 4, I didn't cleary state the circumstances so I didn't know what I was talking about.

8. States are almost fickle when it comes to accepting another states POST requirements. California, New York, and Florida have the highest standards to my knowledge. I looked at my Basic POST academy certificate and it said 873 hours. That was in 1997 and I graduated at twenty one.

It may not seem like it but you do have my solidarity because we both value justice and hold the same ideals about protecting society. Submission to authority subdues intellect. Regardless of what laws are, we are responsible to enforce them in fair and proper way. Fortunately, some members here do recognize the difference. We just have to step back and decide how reasonable and appropriately we can direct our actions. Stay safe brother.

Last edited by Built LT1; 09-25-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The ricers ruined it for everybody. Plain & simple. This is off the point, but One thing you have to Thank the imports for is less of our cars being stolen. 20 years ago, the guy with the trans am on the block had to worry about his car being stolen. Today, the guy with the Acura/Honda has to worry.

Hey staringback05, I love how your sig says "!emissions"
Old 09-25-2006, 10:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

you follow the laws really well, what a hypocrit, your sig says you have deleted emissions, which is (no matter what state you are in) tampering with your emissions system and is against the law. but i bet he bust everybody else for it.

Last edited by RyneZ06; 09-25-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Built LT1 - beautifully articulated arguments in all the posts, definitely a great read. staringback starts **** in every thread I see. I mean, if someone came in and called all Marines "dumb jarheads", oh well. That is their opinion and I know for a fact (I can accept it) that many other Marines go out in town and do some stupid **** and give that reputation, **** it, lol. He needs to understand that some cops are dumbasses and really do abuse their power. Maybe he doesn't, but I can 100% guarantee there are plenty. Otherwise, why would they need a big IA force?

LAST Z - Lol @ the "!emissions" thing. Looks like he needs to go spend a year or two in prison for breaking the law and not protecting his community properly.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

im not in cali, but i work in florida.....we got to a point a few years back to where we almost had just as many killed in street racing as we did in dui....i wont state all the stipulations....but if your caught street racing here, your DL is gone, we take bikes and sometimes cars...for good to
Damn. Chicago lets us get away with a lot (depending on where you are) but it varies. And to think, in 2 month's im moving to orlando.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Relax, it was more of a hyperbole to illustrate my point.

Hey built LT1
how built is that LT1, is 1/2, 3/4 or full race?
will it beat a Cobra
I bet you the kind of guy that likes Vetts
and I post my name and where I'm from, are you not proud of where your from

Wade
Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Just messing with ya LTII I mean LT1

Wade
Old 09-25-2006, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by craparo
Built LT1 - beautifully articulated arguments in all the posts, definitely a great read. He needs to understand that some cops are dumbasses and really do abuse their power. Maybe he doesn't, but I can 100% guarantee there are plenty. Otherwise, why would they need a big IA force?

LAST Z - Lol @ the "!emissions" thing. Looks like he needs to go spend a year or two in prison for breaking the law and not protecting his community properly.

On the first part, thank you for the compliment. I like to contribute when I can.

On the second part, I did not see that staringback had emmision mods, but I have been told that in Florida they don't have emmision laws. So he's not breaking the law in that respect.

Studies have shown that much like humans, hypocrisy is despised even in lower social animals like monkeys. Not surprisingly, this behavior is a old as humanity itself. In logic, Socrates named the fallacy Tu Quoque. Translated in Latin it means "you also." In idiomatic English it means "look who's talking."

Last edited by Built LT1; 09-26-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Quick Reply: street racing a felony ?