Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

street racing a felony ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
you follow the laws really well, what a hypocrit, your sig says you have deleted emissions, which is (no matter what state you are in) tampering with your emissions system and is against the law. but i bet he bust everybody else for it.
Good point Ryne. I do want to hear a response to that. But I guess when you have a badge you are above the law...no no wait...You are THE LAW!!...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
your sig says you have deleted emissions, which is (no matter what state you are in) tampering with your emissions system and is against the law.
Not true, the state of South Carolina has no emissions laws, as long as you have working lights, brakes, and seat belts, you pass the state inspection...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm guess it sucks to live in cali....seeing how in florida WE DONT HAVE EMMISIONS....

!EMMISIONS

anybody else think otherwise chapter 316 traffic enforcement florida statue book
Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

he isn't in south carolina, and just becaue they don't do visuals or sniffers as anally as cali, i think it may still be on the books that it is illegal to tamper with/modify them

edit-- don't most parts say "off-road use only" no matter where they are sold?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firebird69racer
Hey built LT1
how built is that LT1, is 1/2, 3/4 or full race?
will it beat a Cobra
I bet you the kind of guy that likes Vetts
and I post my name and where I'm from, are you not proud of where your from

Wade

7/8ths race...before this year is over.

Let's just say you and I both know a couple of Camaros that will send that Cobra packing!

Yes, I still regret getting rid of that Corvette.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackbelt
Good point Ryne. I do want to hear a response to that. But I guess when you have a badge you are above the law...no no wait...You are THE LAW!!...
calm down judge dread
Old 09-26-2006, 02:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nemanracing
Not true, the state of South Carolina has no emissions laws, as long as you have working lights, brakes, and seat belts, you pass the state inspection...
does not matter, its a federal law "federal" meaning it supercedes state laws. look into it buddy.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by staringback05
hmm guess it sucks to live in cali....seeing how in florida WE DONT HAVE EMMISIONS....

!EMMISIONS

anybody else think otherwise chapter 316 traffic enforcement florida statue book
like i said to nemanracing, its still a federal law to not tamper with your emissions system, being a law enforcement officer you should know that.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

would you like to show me the statue? also thats something that you can take up with the feds....because if my memory serves me well, i dont have any FBI agents in my zone pulling over people for emissions....we dont even have emissions check points period...so would you like to tell me how we could enforce that issue?....finally theres alot more to it then just "tampering with emissions" this can include dealers, new cars, certain imports, tractors, semi's, etc etc etc....honestly man just read up on it some....in the old florida statue book the emissions section was about 23 pages long...thank go we got rid of that
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, In my county in Texas, I can do whatever I want to emissions, except Cats. As long as I have cats. and my exhaust exits the passenger section of the vehicle, I am legal.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

would you like to show me the statue? also thats something that you can take up with the feds....because if my memory serves me well, i dont have any FBI agents in my zone pulling over people for emissions....we dont even have emissions check points period...so would you like to tell me how we could enforce that issue?....finally theres alot more to it then just "tampering with emissions" this can include dealers, new cars, certain imports, tractors, semi's, etc etc etc....honestly man just read up on it some....in the old florida statue book the emissions section was about 23 pages long...thank go we got rid of that
I thought you said laws are there for a reason?? I guess in your opinion that only matters if its a state law, not federal law, your a hypocrit plain and simple, go back to your hick *** florida members section
Old 09-26-2006, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

yeah he is caught in the corner trying to weasel his way out. He is no different than any of us, except he won't get busted for the same things he busts us for.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Driving and enjoying a performance vehicle is something that has affected our experience in life. Many young adults grew up with NASCAR and wrenched on the hot rod in the garage with dad. We have grown with racing and muscle cars as popular culture here in America. I would venture to say it's as patriotic as being part of age old rivalry of Ford versus Chevy. Our media and commercials over years have appealed to our appetites of performance and personal image telling consumers that having a fast car represents a part of who you are; a psychological fact by the way. Remember the Dodge commercial with the guy asking "you got a Hemi in that." It is part of America and strongly woven in our history since the birth of having a modern automotive society. From Saturday night cars shows to movies like American Graffiti, we pride ourselves on racing. "Shame to those who would willfully and wantonly abdicate thier freedoms in exchange for false sense of security.

I am glad to read the majority of the members here think a felony is reserved for criminals. California is a three strikes law, three felonies and it's prison for life. Serial killers, child molesters, rapists, murderers, and terrorists should not be lumped in with the guy who did "three too many" contests of speed and hurt no one. ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

You guys are The only emission equipment that is a federal offense are the catalytic converters. If he has those, he is good to go.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2
You guys are The only emission equipment that is a federal offense are the catalytic converters. If he has those, he is good to go.
You don't want to **** the EPA off, they might be tree-huging hippie wacko's but they are ruthless!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2
you spoiled my fun, i wanted to see if he actually knows what he was talking about....seeing as he DOESNT know the federal emissions laws...and all the flamers are to stupid to ask if i even had those, considering my sig. says nothing about headers or y pipes...I HAVE CATS...i dont have air or egr....and ryne before you spout off about me or cops again know what your talking about.......like ive said three times before......WE DONT HAVE EMISSIONS FACILITIES IN FLORIDA, THAT WAS PASSED INTO LAW SEVERAL YEARS AGO.......a state law if passed has already taken into consideration the federal system...meaning if we passed that here....its ok with the feds....
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

you spoiled my fun, i wanted to see if he actually knows what he was talking about....seeing as he DOESNT know the federal emissions laws...and all the flamers are to stupid to ask if i even had those, considering my sig. says nothing about headers or y pipes...I HAVE CATS...i dont have air or egr....and ryne before you spout off about me or cops again know what your talking about.......like ive said three times before......WE DONT HAVE EMISSIONS FACILITIES IN FLORIDA, THAT WAS PASSED INTO LAW SEVERAL YEARS AGO.......a state law if passed has already taken into consideration the federal system...meaning if we passed that here....its ok with the feds....
federal does not state just cats, its states you can not alter your emissions system, that includes your egr and air system. staringback05, let me understand correcttly what your saying, your saying when a state passes a law, it already taken into account federal law ??, so lets say federal laws says the drinking age is 21 years old, but the state decides to make 18 years old, then the state supercedes the federal law, that doesnt make sense.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

just because the state doesnt have emissions testing facilities doesnt mean its still not a federal law. federal laws are up to the feds to enforce, so state does not have to. if it was made a state law, then most likely you would have emissions facilities.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually your incorrect, the federal Supremacy clause says that no state can pass a law that is in violation of the laws of the unites states of america.

The people of a state can choose to make something illegal such as alcohol or abortion but if the FEDs deem it illegal there is no reversing that.

If you don't believe me read the Clean Air Act and article VI in the Constitution you can also read the supream courts decision on Toussaint v. McCarthy, 801 F.2d 1080, 1089 (9th Cir. 1986), cert. denied, 481 U.S. 1069 (1987)
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Built LT1]Driving and enjoying a performance vehicle is something that has affected our experience in life. Many young adults grew up with NASCAR and wrenched on the hot rod in the garage with dad. We have grown with racing and muscle cars as popular culture here in America. I would venture to say it's as patriotic as being part of age old rivalry of Ford versus Chevy. Our media and commercials over years have appealed to our appetites of performance and personal image telling consumers that having a fast car represents a part of who you are; a psychological fact by the way. Remember the Dodge commercial with the guy asking "you got a Hemi in that." It is part of America and strongly woven in our history since the birth of having a modern automotive society. From Saturday night cars shows to movies like American Graffiti, we pride ourselves on racing. "Shame to those who would willfully and wantonly abdicate thier freedoms in exchange for false sense of security.

QUOTE]

I grew up just like that except for working on my car with my dad, I did it by myself.
Yes we street raced every fri and sat night. we used to cruise E St here in San Bernardino and I even went to Van Nuys on wed nights.
If they make it a felony they will not stop it, building more tracks wont stop it, nuthing will stop it.
Back in the 60's and 70's there were tracks everywhere and guess what we still street raced.
Yes making it a felony is wrong unless you hurt someone or have been caught many times. I belive here if your guilty of the same crime 3 or more times they can charge you with a felony allready.
The problem will be, is just like the 3 strike law that was org. intended for violent crimes turned into any felony counts as a strike, they will say anybody stoped for speeding was street racing. I think they need to catch both cars before they can say your street racing. What if your just passing a car and you **** off the cop that pulls you over and he wrights it up as racing, its your word against his and who do you think the judge will belive, not you
I'm to old and worked to hard for my car to let them take it, so I dont street race anymore

Wade

Quick Reply: street racing a felony ?