Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

saw a guy get hit by a car tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saw a guy get hit by a car tonight

for all you 29 palms people, you might have seen this tonight. i was driving to hollywood video to rent some movies. the store is at the bottom of a slight hill, and as i was coming over the top, i saw this guy standing in the road, looked like a bum, on the opposite side of the street (5 lane including turning lane) right across the street from the video store. i could see him from the top of the hill, about 1/8 mile away.

as i am passing, i look to see what he's dragging across the street, which looked like 2 trash bags. i looked in my mirror as i passed to keep looking at him, and i saw a suv straight up hit this guy. it's like a 35 or 40 mph zone, and nobody ever goes just 40. as i pulled in to the store parking lot to get out and see if what i saw was real, there were already 3 cars stopped to help the guy.

a few minutes later, the ambulances and such were there, and they had a stretcher out and everything. i don't know if the guy made it or not, but he's probably pretty fucked up. he got hit by the driver's side corner of the suv, so he might have had a chance to live.

if i saw this guy from that far away in the dark, and i wear glasses, what are the chances that this lady was either talking on the phone or just not watching the road? if she wasn't paying attention, i hope that bitch gets a manslaughter charge brought on to her.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

was it foggy? thats sux

Last edited by Raptor_WS6; 02-26-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the ***** did stop then? Not a hit & run?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Launching!

yeah she stopped. i'd have chased her down if she didn't. no it was clear, just dark. i got bad vision, but **** i could see him and where he was standing. she had to have been on the phone or something.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damm that sucks...
Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Women drivers, no survivors.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

Owned.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Getting hit by a car must suck.

I've seen some pretty interesting crashes but not someone get hit.

My buddy saw this old lady get hit one time. I hit a bird one time.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Too bad about that guy, but thats awesome that you would've chased her down!! I would've too. I bet she couldn't have out ran me either!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

That sucks for the guy. She probably was talking on the phone.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

made me rememebr on the way to autozone today
car "forgot" to turn the wheel and kept going straight right into another car
i couldnt help but laugh as i drove right on by
went back the same way home and they were still in the street argueing
Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I hope you let the cops know that you were able to see him, that way they can use it if they decide to press charges.

I witnessed a guy on a 10 speed bike get clipped by a car. It hit his rear tire and it slammed him so hard to the ground his head smacked a good 3 times from the impact of being whipped down.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wtomlinson
for all you 29 palms people, you might have seen this tonight. i was driving to hollywood video to rent some movies. the store is at the bottom of a slight hill, and as i was coming over the top, i saw this guy standing in the road, looked like a bum, on the opposite side of the street (5 lane including turning lane) right across the street from the video store. i could see him from the top of the hill, about 1/8 mile away.

as i am passing, i look to see what he's dragging across the street, which looked like 2 trash bags. i looked in my mirror as i passed to keep looking at him, and i saw a suv straight up hit this guy. it's like a 35 or 40 mph zone, and nobody ever goes just 40. as i pulled in to the store parking lot to get out and see if what i saw was real, there were already 3 cars stopped to help the guy.

a few minutes later, the ambulances and such were there, and they had a stretcher out and everything. i don't know if the guy made it or not, but he's probably pretty fucked up. he got hit by the driver's side corner of the suv, so he might have had a chance to live.

if i saw this guy from that far away in the dark, and i wear glasses, what are the chances that this lady was either talking on the phone or just not watching the road? if she wasn't paying attention, i hope that bitch gets a manslaughter charge brought on to her.
Man, it is Southern California, of course she was talking on her phone. Bet the first thing she said when she got out was "what were you doing in the road?" That is the way it is with So Cal drivers, and especially women. Almost bet she was Asian too. I am not racist, but something about SoCal and asain drivers. We have a lot of Asains back home in Chicago area, and I never seem to have a problem with them (unless they are racing an import car, ha). Back home it is the white women that will kill you. Regional I guess.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was picking my wife & kid up from the hospital yesterday, walking across the parking lot, and I probably would have got nailed by a woman texting while driving her minivan (I'm in a crosswalk BTW) if I didn't stop walking.

Astrovan > fat guy.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs down

women drivers talking on cell = destruction!!!!!!