What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 30th anniversary trans am convertible higher mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 30th anniversary trans am convertible higher mileage

found a 99 anniversary car in decent shape gotta few flaws here and there clean title car has 130k on it convertible auto just really dunno what would be a fair price to pay on the car guys asking 15000 but i kinda think thats a bit high..any input would be nice thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Teching In

That's a pretty good price to say its an real anniversary
Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

He's just looking for a sucker. Don't even consider it unless you can get it for half of what he is asking. The car has zero collector interest with that mileage. Absolute ZERO!! It's just a car now, like any other.
Some owners may not realize that once you start driving 'special edition' cars, the value heads south for every mile they put on it. Collectors want near mint, low mileage, stock examples if they are going to lay out the big $$$. Oh sure, if you put the car away for the next 30-40 years the miles won't look so bad and the car may be worth something, just like the 60's muscle cars that sell today. That isn't the case here no matter what condition the car is in.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mosh06
found a 99 anniversary car in decent shape gotta few flaws here and there clean title car has 130k on it convertible auto just really dunno what would be a fair price to pay on the car guys asking 15000 but i kinda think thats a bit high..any input would be nice thanks
That price is SKY HIGH and what others have said is over TWICE what its worth!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its worth 11/12-? Based on condition.. It is absolutely worth more then a regular Ws6. Of all the 4th gens many would agree the 30th was the most desirable. Yes a "collector" who parks their cars in a warehouse with all their other investments wants a low milage car. But people who mod/drive there car would pay more for a 30th then a 99 in artic white. Watch eBay. A 30th coupe just sold for 10,800 with similar milage. Non 30th would of been a 6k car. If you pass on the car pm me his info.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

No way would I ever pay 15k for a 130k mile f body!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trans damm
Its worth 11/12-? Based on condition.. It is absolutely worth more then a regular Ws6. Of all the 4th gens many would agree the 30th was the most desirable. Yes a "collector" who parks their cars in a warehouse with all their other investments wants a low milage car. But people who mod/drive there car would pay more for a 30th then a 99 in artic white. Watch eBay. A 30th coupe just sold for 10,800 with similar milage. Non 30th would of been a 6k car. If you pass on the car pm me his info.
Maybe some would pay a bit extra because they like the colors, badges and wheels, similar to the SOM cars that sell for slight premiums. I like unusual cars too. An extra $1,000 over a WS6 price in this case would be fine in my book if someone loved the car. (I'm talking cars with 6 figures in mileage now, not anything else). I'm sure you are one of those people that loves these cars as I see you own one. However, you need to set aside an obvious bias and be honest. It is very important to others. This is serious $$$. Very few want a 130,000 miles F-body for anything over $10,000. It doesn't matter what type of F-body, this 1999 T/A or a 2002 C/E. That is just too much mileage and makes for a very difficult sale when the time comes. Having a lot of money in a high mileage car is not wise unless you plan on keeping the car for many, many years. Everything would average out OK as the years pile on. No big deal then. Unfortunately, people that aren't aware of collector cars, and the ramifications of buying and selling, are easily taken or just fooled. This is what the seller of this car is hoping. The OP, Mosh06, is asking for help and we must steer him in the right direction. Your mention of a price spread of $5,000 - $6,000 between a similar WS6 and this 130,000 miles T/A is not accurate. I highly disagree and I would not recommend paying that kind of money. I don't want anyone here to be mislead. As I stated earlier, this is serious $$$.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Teching In

hey guys thanks for all the info..i do like the car alot..but i first thought it was highly priced but you dont see to many of these cars for under the 15 but they have under half the miles this one has.. so im guessing thats why the seller has the price up there i believe in just gunna pass and not even make an offer on the car thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mosh06
hey guys thanks for all the info..i do like the car alot..but i first thought it was highly priced but you dont see to many of these cars for under the 15 but they have under half the miles this one has.. so im guessing thats why the seller has the price up there i believe in just gunna pass and not even make an offer on the car thanks
Smart!! You are exactly right about the pricing too. That price the seller is asking is 'spot on' with a car with half the mileage.
Best of luck with your search!!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Maybe some would pay a bit extra because they like the colors, badges and wheels, similar to the SOM cars that sell for slight premiums. I like unusual cars too. An extra $1,000 over a WS6 price in this case would be fine in my book if someone loved the car. (I'm talking cars with 6 figures in mileage now, not anything else). I'm sure you are one of those people that loves these cars as I see you own one. However, you need to set aside an obvious bias and be honest. It is very important to others. This is serious $$$. Very few want a 130,000 miles F-body for anything over $10,000. It doesn't matter what type of F-body, this 1999 T/A or a 2002 C/E. That is just too much mileage and makes for a very difficult sale when the time comes. Having a lot of money in a high mileage car is not wise unless you plan on keeping the car for many, many years. Everything would average out OK as the years pile on. No big deal then. Unfortunately, people that aren't aware of collector cars, and the ramifications of buying and selling, are easily taken or just fooled. This is what the seller of this car is hoping. The OP, Mosh06, is asking for help and we must steer him in the right direction. Your mention of a price spread of $5,000 - $6,000 between a similar WS6 and this 130,000 miles T/A is not accurate. I highly disagree and I would not recommend paying that kind of money. I don't want anyone here to be mislead. As I stated earlier, this is serious $$$.
Looks like the 30th is demanding a large premium.. eBay item #221240160953 car has 103xxx miles and had 24 bids ending at 15,6xx with reserve not met. I can't see to many other 99 Verts with 103k miles pulling anymore then $8/9,000. 30th is pulling double that.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trans damm
Looks like the 30th is demanding a large premium.. eBay item #221240160953 car has 103xxx miles and had 24 bids ending at 15,6xx with reserve not met. I can't see to many other 99 Verts with 103k miles pulling anymore then $8/9,000. 30th is pulling double that.
Wow! You waited months to make a point and still failed to do so. The car did NOT sell. Are you aware of 'reserve' shill bidding?? Sellers often coordinate this with other ebayers, especially friends to help them out. Are you also aware that 'juvies' love to bid up 'reserve' cars on ebay?? It's a game with them. 'Been there, done that' for my collector friends car sales, which is why I don't sell their cars on ebay anymore. You have made no point at all.
I love convertibles. They are definitely uncommon but no car with 6 figures on the odometer will sell for premiums. Please continue to find an example. Two examples would be nice to put a proper perspective on real world sales. Talk to you in another few months I guess. Maybe you will have found a sucker that paid too high of a price for a 6 figure mileage 30th T/A 'vert by then. I'm sure one will pop up some day.
My very sound advice to fellow members (not to pay crazy prices) still stands, and is rock solid.

Last edited by NC01TA; 06-23-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 1999 30th anniversary trans am convertible higher mileage