Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

MT Radial rubber on fender...... help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MT Radial rubber on fender...... help please

IDK if this is a no-brainer question or now but. I was wonder what the best way to get MT radial rubber off of my fender casue of burn-outs at the track. Cause the MT radial rubber is extra sticky and kinda hard to get off with out it smearing.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

It is an absolute nightmare to get off. I STILL haven't found a good way to do it. I went from the M/T DRs to ET DRAGS and the slicks throw MUCH less rubber on the fender than the DRs.

Good luck, you've got a chore ahead of you! LOL
Old 11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
It is an absolute nightmare to get off. I STILL haven't found a good way to do it. I went from the M/T DRs to ET DRAGS and the slicks throw MUCH less rubber on the fender than the DRs.

Good luck, you've got a chore ahead of you! LOL

lol yup I do. I've though about freezing it so that it might harden and rub off easy. but I wasn't sure how that would go
Old 11-29-2006, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THIS time.... use hot suddsy water and work it. May need to use a little bug and tar remover depending on how much there is and how long it's been there.

NEXT time.... spray some PAM cooking spray on both fenders(aka Vegetable oil).
Do your John Force burnouts....

Come home and spray it all off.

You're welcome
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

I always used hot water and elbow grease, that seemed to work the best. I tried bug & tar remover once and it literally melted the rubber to the car, and made it even WORSE to get off. Dawn ended up working the best for me.

I sprayed PAM and then forgot to spray it off for a week. It dried, and my nightmare ensued.

Phew, I don't miss those days.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used WD-40 to get regular track cheese off
the paint. Just let the kerosene work on it.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use gasonline on a bunch of old shop rags.....just add wax and back in business. Last time i used 3" painters tape and taped up my quarters in the back...that caught most of it and doesnt harm the paint. I tried PAM...works OK..same for burnout guard. What works really well is meguires tire shine...it is in a black can...has a adjustable nozzle for sidewall size. It doesnt hurt the paint and doesnt dry for at least a month. If i spray that really well, i can usually wipe everything right off. Best thing is the blue painters tape...car looks ugly at the track but boy its nice to peel off all that rubber/vht Here is a pic of the painters tape

Old 11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks a bunch for everyones imput. I've tried the bug and tar remover before and it looked like it started to take off the paint so I stopped using that. I'll definetly try the gas and WD-40 when I get home on Friday. Hopefully it hasn't worsened over the week cause I went to the track on Friday night then I garaged the car and Saterday morning I had to come back up to college.