Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

GTA '91 Wheels on LS1 Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA '91 Wheels on LS1 Z

hi

my question is the GTA wheels fit on LS1 camaro ... ??

any one have PIC .......
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For many reasons (spacing, caliper clearance, hub size, etc...) no, they won't.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I recall, the GTA's are 16" in diameter..so they *might* bolt up and clear the calipers, but they will stick out like a sumbitch!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

They will fit but, it won't look right.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...TECHNICALLY they will fit. GTA wheels have a different offset front to back. I had GTA wheels on my 87 TA. After swapping in the 4th gen rear I was tempted to try to run front GTA wheels in the rear. But I think they still would have stuck out alittle too far.

The fronts probably wont clear the LS1 brakes though. If they do its a super tight fit. If you didnt have to do some grinding, Ide be surprised. Plus they will stick out alittle over 1/4" further than they would on a 3rd gen. Due to the extra thickness of the 4th gen rotor. 3rd gens use a hub/rotor assembly, while 4th gens use a rotor that slips over a hub.

You COULD use a 3rd gen rear in a 4th gen. For instance...if you absolutely had to have GTA wheels on your car, You could use a 3rd gen rear... The rears of the 3rd gens and 4th gens are nearly identical. You'd have to sort out some brake issues. Ive read articles about swapping 4th gen rear brakes over to the 3rd gen axles.

So its possible. But not worth it in my opinion.

haha...it would be goin a bit far to make it work.

Justin

P.S.... I still think that the gold/polished GTA wheels are some of the best looking wheels ever. Especially on a Black 3rd gen Trans AM
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

hi guys thinks to all post

can i use the rear GTA wheels with DR's for Track only ?
i have to rear wheels now and i'll buy to DR's 255/50 maybe>>>

I like the style of GTA wheels ...

i think i'll sell the 2 wheels and Search again to another style...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...you COULD use them I guess for rear drag tires. However...they are going to stick out a couple of inches on either side. So you are gonna get some good rubber tossed around during your burn out. Also if you launch really hard, there is a chance your tire is going to cram up into your fender. Unless you have bumpstops or something to that effect...

My advice... If you cant run the GTAs, sell them to someone with a 3rd gen who can. They can bring in some good bucks. Then grab a set of plain jane 4th gen wheels to mount your track tires on. They can be found pretty cheap. If those 3rd gen wheels are in good shape...not bent, color/clear coat still decent, you can get a pretty penny for them.

Justin
Old 01-29-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im pretty sure it won't work, i have them on my third gen and i love em, but i don't think it would look all that great on a 4th gen, you need at least a 17 to 19" rim to look good, and on top of that the widest the offer is 8", so no traction for a ls1 car
Old 01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is called the Crosslace wheel. There are aftermarket wheels with similar designs.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

I had a set of these that were all rear offset wheels on my S10. I had them on my 94 V6 Camaro when I was getting snow tires put on the stock rims. They fit but stuck out about 1-1.5" all around. They didn't hit until I had to put new pads in the front and it pushed the caliper out into the backside of the wheel so I had to put the stockers back on. This was a drum brake rear car so I don't know how much bigger LS1 brakes are. It's better just to find wheels that fit. Buy some cheap salad shooter wheels and put drag tires on them. Even later 5 star wheels are pretty cheap if you get them in silver.

Quick Reply: GTA '91 Wheels on LS1 Z