Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Iforged wheels or CCW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iforged wheels or CCW?

like it says at the top. What wheel compnay do you prefer out of those two?

-Sam
Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CCW hands down!! Their customer service and delivery times are second to none!

I'll be polite, and just say that over on the "Corvette Forum", I-Forged isn't too well spoken of.....
Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
CCW hands down!! Their customer service and delivery times are second to none!

I'll be polite, and just say that over on the "Corvette Forum", I-Forged isn't too well spoken of.....
Some Corvette owners, not all are real uptight. I have no complaints about mine other than waiting 9 weeks to get them.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

CCW service was outstanding
Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing that kept me from going with I-Forged was their customer service (or lack thereof). There are just too many bad stories about their company to throw that kinda cash their way and feel good about it.

CCWs are getting played out for a reason (IMO)...they make a nice wheel that is competitively priced, and their customer service is second to none.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Iron Head
Some Corvette owners, not all are real uptight. I have no complaints about mine other than waiting 9 weeks to get them.

Based on what I've heard, you were lucky to get them as you ordered them, and to many folks, 9 weeks is long time to wait.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Based on what I've heard, you were lucky to get them as you ordered them, and to many folks, 9 weeks is long time to wait.
If you are wanting multi piece custom wheels, you're going to wait. I waited 9 weeks for my Budniks to be built and shipped.

I like iForged because of their customization. What finish can you get with CCW? Polished or... polished. Any custom finishes are not done by them and you're on your own.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

I have iForged on one of my cars and the ONLY complaint I have is that I waited 9 weeks. But like ZFSix said, if you want a custom multi piece wheel, you are going to wait. Maybe you can get them from other companies in fewer than 9 weeks, but for the price and custom options available, I didn't mind waiting an extra week or two to get them. That being said, I like CCW also, although I've never owned a set. I would have no problem buying CCW if I wanted all polished.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ccw
Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

CCW
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Iforged here. Service wasn't horrible, wheels came out nice and exactly 8 weeks for 3piece.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a couple sets of both right now. Quality-wise it is a draw. Both are excellent wheels. CCW has a much quicker lead time, since they buy those 1-piece forgings in blanks and just finish machine them in-house, made to order. Other brands are 3-piece and require the faces to be machined, then assembled etc... using hoops that come from a 3rd party supplier.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by ZFSix
If you are wanting multi piece custom wheels, you're going to wait. I waited 9 weeks for my Budniks to be built and shipped.

I like iForged because of their customization. What finish can you get with CCW? Polished or... polished. Any custom finishes are not done by them and you're on your own.
When is the last time you talked with CCW? They do offer different finishes than polished, although not on all wheels. I could have gotten mine chromed, but they didn't recommend it due to the slow turn around.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I have a couple sets of both right now. Quality-wise it is a draw. Both are excellent wheels. CCW has a much quicker lead time, since they buy those 1-piece forgings in blanks and just finish machine them in-house, made to order. Other brands are 3-piece and require the faces to be machined, then assembled etc... using hoops that come from a 3rd party supplier.

I just can't help myself........................

NineBall, are you still bangin' the OLD drum that CCW makes ONLY 1pc. wheels???

We went around and around on this a year or so ago....They make 3 pc. wheels, just like many other companies. And, they ship them out very promptly!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Are you being rude? I own two vehicles with CCW wheels on them right now, how about you? WTF drum are you talking about? Of course they make 3-piece wheels, but their 1-piece wheels are better IMHO.

You must have me mistaken with someone else.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
.... CCW has a much quicker lead time, since they buy those 1-piece forgings in blanks and just finish machine them in-house, made to order. Other brands are 3-piece and require the faces to be machined, then assembled etc... using hoops that come from a 3rd party supplier.

Your words.... CCW buys 1 piece forgings and just finish machines them...OTHER brands are 3 piece....
Old 08-15-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

dont know bout iforge but ccw customer service is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought a car with ccw's already on it and i had a bunch of ?'s bout them and they stayed on the phone with me for like 30 mins answering all my ?'s!!! lol! great people!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
When is the last time you talked with CCW? They do offer different finishes than polished, although not on all wheels. I could have gotten mine chromed, but they didn't recommend it due to the slow turn around.
I've emailed them back and forth on more than one occasion.

Chrome over polished.. you call that finish options?

I asked them about custom paint and they send them off, meaning more wait time. A friend of mine has black chrome CCWs on his Caddy and in order to get that done they were built for the car in Florida, sent to California for black chrome, then sent here to Texas for final delivery.

I love CCWs, but I don't love the maintenance of a full polished wheel, and the fact that it looks too plain.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Teching In

I wish IForged would do what Fikse does and make wheels with the "rivits/screws" to the inside. I am just not a fan of the look with them exposed. I prefer the cleaner look of the Fikse and CCWs.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Your words.... CCW buys 1 piece forgings and just finish machines them...OTHER brands are 3 piece....
Thanks for taking my reply out of context. Notice that I didn't say CCW "only" buys 1-piece forgings? You also forgot the first part of that statement: "CCW has a much quicker lead time..." and I used their 1-piece wheels as an example of WHY they were so quick. I didn't say they ONLY carry 1-piece wheels, only that 1-piece wheels were QUICKER to build.

Their 1-piece wheels are their most popular, and look the best in their lineup. Not sure why you are taking this so personal, or you think somehow I'm against CCW? Here are two of my CCW equipped cars, just to quench your butt-thirst of being an asshat:

We went around and around on this a year or so ago....
I searched all your old posts related to CCW that I may have posted in. The ONLY thread we "went round and round" in was this one:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/663278-new-sponsor-fikse-wheels.html

It had nothing to do with wheel construction. You seemed to be an asshat back then too, taking a WELCOME NEW SPONSOR thread and using it as an opportunity to bash their pricing and start talking about CCW wheels instead. So, get your damn story straight before you accuse me of saying something I've never said. I've NEVER said CCW only makes 1-piece wheels, you dumbass. John P. at CCW and I know eachother well, I've sent him plenty of business.

Last edited by Nine Ball; 08-15-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Iforged wheels or CCW?