General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stolen

Everyone, please if you never want your car stolen get one of these installed...

With more than 3.5 million installations since 1976, the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is the only anti-theft device that has never been defeated. The Ravelco offers an unbeatable combination of sturdy construction, secure technology and ease of use.

How the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device works
The Ravelco acts as a keyed electrical interrupt. The Ravelco base unit is installed in or underneath your dash and the wires are routed into the engine compartment. The Ravelco is wired to various electrical components your engine needs to run (such as the ignition, starter, fuel injection system, fuel pump, engine sensors, etc.). We give the owner the ability to prevent the flow of electricity to those systems by removing the plug from the Ravelco base unit.
100% Effective and 100% Reliable
It's not enough that an anti-theft device is 100% effective in preventing thieves from hot wiring your vehicle. You also need the peace of mind that comes from knowing that each and every time you insert the Ravelco plug, the vehicle will start reliably, ensuring that technology designed to prevent theft doesn't inadvertently prevent operation of your vehicle. The Ravelco is made in the USA of the highest quality metals. The female pins are made out of a memory alloy that always maintains its shape. Ravelco Anti-Theft Devices that were installed 20 years ago are working just as reliably today.

The Ravelco works with other security systems
The Ravelco does not interfere with other alarms or tracking systems installed in your vehicle. No other system is affected by the installation and use of the Ravelco. For owners who want to have multiple layers of protection, an alarm, anti-theft device, and/or a tracking system, the Ravelco is the perfect fit.

Our Lifetime Warranty offers you additional protection
We are so confident in the quality of the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device that we offer a Lifetime Warranty for the original owner. If the system wears out, we’ll replace it for free. Additionally, if your car is subject to a theft attempt, we will come out and ensure your Ravelco is operating normally at no cost. If the unit is damaged during a theft attempt, we’ll replace it for free the first time.

http://www.nohotwire.com/

Just trying to help fellow LSx owners protect their ride!

Last edited by sslateron; 10-02-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

cliff notes?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
cliff notes?
Small dongle that you plug in to start your car, pull out when you leave it and stick it on your keychain.

They will work against hot wiring, but won't stop a tow truck.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Resident

I wonder what the percentage is of car stolen via hotwire vs. tow truck? I'd guess at least 95% are stolen by hotwiring.

Sorry for your loss (if your car was stolen). But I was expecting to read about your story - not an advertisement. Gee, you work for them or something?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the unit is damaged during a theft attempt, we’ll replace it for free the first time.

they expect it to fail see lol.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Teching In

It takes a pro to steal our cars. Lets face it, most of us don't have to worry about our cars being stolen. Now as for parts like wheels and stuff then you need the proper security. Most pros steal cars of value, its the same amount of work to take a f-body as a vet. Vet parts are worth alot more.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99f350
It takes a pro to steal our cars. Lets face it, most of us don't have to worry about our cars being stolen. Now as for parts like wheels and stuff then you need the proper security. Most pros steal cars of value, its the same amount of work to take a f-body as a vet. Vet parts are worth alot more.
????

F-bodies are very easy to break into and steal.

Most "pros" don't know what the hell they're doing, thats why Integras are among the most stolen vehicles.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Small dongle that you plug in to start your car, pull out when you leave it and stick it on your keychain.

They will work against hot wiring, but won't stop a tow truck.
Cut your wheels and they can't tow it.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Launching!

cars are often stolen so the parts can be sold. prime cash can be had for civic, camry, accord parts. they're also much easier to chop, sell, rebuy, and rebuild. if you're familiar with that process...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Turn the wheel all the way to one side and town truck problem solved. If the tow truck driver asks for the keys and doesn't have them they will wonder whats up.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

I got a computer chip on my key my key that starts my CPU up can my car still be hot wired? i dont think it can? Also i got a Viper alarm system which has a sound alert on the keyless entry. So pretty much you try to steal my car i put holes in you. I got a 40cal or a 357 on me at all times some times both. so goahead try to mess with my car i dare you. i need target pratice lol. O and even better try to steal it out of my driveway you cant run from a scope
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
I got a computer chip on my key my key that starts my CPU up can my car still be hot wired? i dont think it can? Also i got a Viper alarm system which has a sound alert on the keyless entry. So pretty much you try to steal my car i put holes in you. I got a 40cal or a 357 on me at all times some times both. so goahead try to mess with my car i dare you. i need target pratice lol. O and even better try to steal it out of my driveway you cant run from a scope
and the blabbering retard strikes again
Old 10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cad2k3
Careful man....you might get shot just for saying that.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28

Uhhh, how much would you like to bet your car CAN be stolen, reguardless of the factory VATS chip, or your extreme firepower?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

The only cars that are tough to steal are cars with "real" transponders in their keys. Not crap *** resistors.

But, either way anything can still be stolen.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Teching In

I just installed a killswitch going to the fuel pump and hid the switch very well. I think this is enough along with the factory system. At least I hope.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cad2k3
That's wrong dude. He obviously wants to protect his ride.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

As far as cutting the wheels to deter tow trucks, guess again. Some trucks have a lift that pivots, so it can swing the back half of your car to make the front wheels line up straight. The point is, they dont have to get far, just away from you.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Im shocked at the people here that have "plans". It doesn't matter how you turn your wheels for a tow truck. There stealing it, think they care if they cause a lil damage. As for our cars being easy to steal ha! That little chip goes a long way. Easy cars to steal are cars that require a flat head screw driver and a 16 year old punk. Saying our cars are easy to STEAL is not true. If you had all the keys or the equipment to test to see what chip it has it would take you a lil while. If im not mistaken after 3 or 5 trys your computer locks up and it has to go to the dealer.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Luckily where i live i dont have to worry too much on people stealing my car, as all they like are integras and civics, and those shitty corollas! Theres a 40 or 50 year old guy with a hatchback civic must be in his midlife crisis that has like 3 alarms, the steering wheel luck and tire locks, for some ugly as little car, with stickers all over the place. Like somebody in their right mind would want to steel that pos!

Quick Reply: Car stolen