11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Can I hit 11s with my setup??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I hit 11s with my setup??

So I have a 99 ta ls1 a4 with current mods being installed right now. Really want to hit 11s whatcha think

3600 stall tci
Stock 243 heads with pep 650 spring kit
Ms4 cam
1 3/4 speed engineering LT headers
Speed engineering true duals
Comp cam pushrods
Ls7 lifters
Ngk tr55/msd conductors
Volant cold air intake
High volume oil pump
3.23 gears
Oem wheels zr1 rims with 285/35/19 pirelli sottozeros outback
Founders performance lca's and panhard relocation
Stock ls1 intake
Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by James1986foxx
So I have a 99 ta ls1 a4 with current mods being installed right now. Really want to hit 11s whatcha think

3600 stall tci
Stock 243 heads with pep 650 spring kit
Ms4 cam
1 3/4 speed engineering LT headers
Speed engineering true duals
Comp cam pushrods
Ls7 lifters
Ngk tr55/msd conductors
Volant cold air intake
High volume oil pump
3.23 gears
Oem wheels zr1 rims with 285/35/19 pirelli sottozeros outback
Founders performance lca's and panhard relocation
Stock ls1 intake
you must think so since you posted in the 11 second forum lol

As I was reading down your list heads/cam/stall /long tubes/decent stall I was thinking 11's sounded conservative - many cars make 11's stock internals never mind heads/cam but as I read on I have to say no not going to happen... Anyone looking to get et's out of a 4th gen should start with wheel tire combo to hook it , bad 60 foot bad pass...... 15" or 16" wheels with a good drag radial. A tire made for cornering with no sidewall has no chance of hooking a heads/cam/stall car. Then that ls1 intake is going to restrict your heads/cam.

I think you have already spent the money on a lot of the components needed to far exceed your goal but the devil is in the details , it has to hook , it has to have good match between components and then be tuned properly to take advantage of the properly matched components and then its up to weather and driver skill/knowledge. If your racing in florida or Denver etc.. high temps , high altitudes ,combination of both , high humidity etc... its going to make it more challenging so need more info on where and when your racing this car.

Last edited by murphinator; 04-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Ya I was sure hoping to make it into the 11s lol.
I'm in the metro Detroit area and hoping to get to the track in the next 3 weeks so should be 60s but unfortunately I'm tapped on money so this is the set up for now until I have money for intake it's my daily driver so ill mainly be messing around on the streets
Old 04-16-2017, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

I would try to rent or borrow some stock wheels with dr's from someone else from the board in your area , even if only for 2 or 3 passes , I have just seen so many threads "went to the track disappointed" and as I am opening the thread I am thinking is this going to be another modded car on street tires thread???? yup just about every time.

I don't think the LS1 intake will keep you out of the 11's its just not optimum to meet the breathing needs of a heads cam setup.

This is all getting tuned before racing it right ?
Old 04-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Teching In

I have a set of stock wheels sounds like I just need to pick up a pair of dr's for them I just thought the stockers weren't wide enough even with radials. I'll pick up a LS6 here soon, it'll be getting trailored to motorcity speed for a dyno tune as soon as the install is finished this week.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

I ran a 12.02 with bolt ons and the same exact converter so I don't see why not
Old 04-17-2017, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by murphinator

you must think so since you posted in the 11 second forum lol

As I was reading down your list heads/cam/stall /long tubes/decent stall I was thinking 11's sounded conservative - many cars make 11's stock internals never mind heads/cam but as I read on I have to say no not going to happen... Anyone looking to get et's out of a 4th gen should start with wheel tire combo to hook it , bad 60 foot bad pass...... 15" or 16" wheels with a good drag radial. A tire made for cornering with no sidewall has no chance of hooking a heads/cam/stall car. Then that ls1 intake is going to restrict your heads/cam.

I think you have already spent the money on a lot of the components needed to far exceed your goal but the devil is in the details , it has to hook , it has to have good match between components and then be tuned properly to take advantage of the properly matched components and then its up to weather and driver skill/knowledge. If your racing in florida or Denver etc.. high temps , high altitudes ,combination of both , high humidity etc... its going to make it more challenging so need more info on where and when your racing this car.
Great response here. Take his advice
Old 04-19-2017, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DR's One of the best investments you will make!

Quick Reply: Can I hit 11s with my setup??