12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

In the 12s, 3 mods only on M6

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
what u mean?
The Moser rear has a different feel to it when you drive it and take it to the turns. It feels more rigid, but like you can't "feel" what the rear end is doing as well as the stock rear. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a bit different than riding with the factory rear. I'm very in tune with my vehicles so I notice things like this.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you put a 9" in it?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Superluminal
The Moser rear has a different feel to it when you drive it and take it to the turns. It feels more rigid, but like you can't "feel" what the rear end is doing as well as the stock rear. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a bit different than riding with the factory rear. I'm very in tune with my vehicles so I notice things like this.
thanks, im a roadracer much more then a drag racer (did a bit of formula 1600 and 2000 racing), so this is good to know
Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blk99camaro
Did you put a 9" in it?
Yes I did.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
thanks, im a roadracer much more then a drag racer (did a bit of formula 1600 and 2000 racing), so this is good to know
I find it interesting that you chose an F-body to road race with. These cars are not great handling cars at all. I'm sure you can augment its suspension shortcomings with a nice suspension setup, but this car is just not setup to handle well, in my opinion. When I say it doesn't handle well, I mean the feel of the car just doesn't cut it for me.

If you want to really have fun with an LS1, swap the motor into something light with an independent rear like a 240SX. An RX7 will also do nicely. Or if you want to be insane and eject yourself like a poptart you can put it in a early 90s Miata.

As for the Moser. It's not terrible at all, it just has a different feel to it that you'll have to get used to.