Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Main bearing clearance questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

amazing,you guys post up about how u were gettting severe detonation on a motor....yet you have an "awesome tuner". Then you go "stock forged 383 crank" blablabla.You obviously missed where myself AND others said you go to a forged crank if you want MORE CUBES.IE a 4" stroke would need to be forged, whereas a stock crank is fine for a stock cube setup.....or a 370ci if you use a 6.0 ltr block.Obviously you and ur buddy are the ones who "read it", otherwise you'd know whats a safe level with the components in your own car.Im done with this thread,its amazingly stupid and pointless.Have a nice day.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ddnspider
So was detonating the other motor just for fun?
This thread is amazingly stupid.Ill take my real world experience and the comments/suggestions from Dozens of companies/sponsors over 2 guys in North Carolina.Thanks
You dont have a clue. Where in this thread does it say he detonated his motor. I said i built a motor for a customer a few months back that had some detonation in it. Dude you obviously cant put two and two together. And you say you went to what kinda school. Was it engineering school.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed2000SS
who said my other motor was blown up? i dont remember saying anything about that. My motor that came out of my car is sitting in the floor of my shop right now. Show me where i said that

9.95 with a crappy 1.47 60', hmm i wonder if your piece of **** can do that and drive home witht he a/c blowing.... OH WAIT A MINUTE i forgot, your car is from florida, where real street cars race in the street. Im sorry your majesty.
just for fun, since apparently bigger ***** are at the race track.... take your 9 second car back to the track on street tires and see if your car makes it off the track in one piece.

MAYBE you'll get to use your AC.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1charged
just for fun, since apparently bigger ***** are at the race track.... take your 9 second car back to the track on street tires and see if your car makes it off the track in one piece.

MAYBE you'll get to use your AC.

State what u mean about street tires. the car is on a drag radial as it is. But if you mean a Street Radial, thats ok too. im not scared of running on a street radial. Done all that before. still do to this day. If u are trying to say that im scared, you sir are wrongly mistaken.

But im pretty sure it wont matter if i put wagon wheels on my ride to show Mr. magizine cover that he is a little pissant. as for you, racing on the street is not only ignorant, Its pointless. I want to be able to drive to work the next morning, instead of bumming a ride off of somebody because i lost my liscense due to street racing! I know, I know, in Florida THATS WHAT EVERYBODY DOES. and thats where ALL the REAL fast cars are. You guys have already made that loud and clear. But it sounds to me like ddnspider and his little asskissers (YOU and others in this thread) are the real dumbasses. You guys would rather race on the street (from a ROLL im sure) where only a few people (your buddies) can watch.

People like you guys are the ones that **** me off. Take your **** to a track where you can actually run legally, instead of running in the street because your car spins, is slow, etc... You are risking people's lives because of your own stupidity.

And ddnspider, you should have some good times at the track if your car can hook. Those GM 383 CI. FORGED CRANKSHAFTS work REAL good for low end torque.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed2000SS
State what u mean about street tires. the car is on a drag radial as it is. But if you mean a Street Radial, thats ok too. im not scared of running on a street radial. Done all that before. still do to this day. If u are trying to say that im scared, you sir are wrongly mistaken.

But im pretty sure it wont matter if i put wagon wheels on my ride to show Mr. magizine cover that he is a little pissant. as for you, racing on the street is not only ignorant, Its pointless. I want to be able to drive to work the next morning, instead of bumming a ride off of somebody because i lost my liscense due to street racing! I know, I know, in Florida THATS WHAT EVERYBODY DOES. and thats where ALL the REAL fast cars are. You guys have already made that loud and clear. But it sounds to me like ddnspider and his little asskissers (YOU and others in this thread) are the real dumbasses. You guys would rather race on the street (from a ROLL im sure) where only a few people (your buddies) can watch.

People like you guys are the ones that **** me off. Take your **** to a track where you can actually run legally, instead of running in the street because your car spins, is slow, etc... You are risking people's lives because of your own stupidity.

And ddnspider, you should have some good times at the track if your car can hook. Those GM 383 CI. FORGED CRANKSHAFTS work REAL good for low end torque.
Somebody get this guy and his Hillbilly buddy an Oscar!Keyboard commando at its best.We all bow out of this amazing thread, everyone other than yourself and ur butt buddy are wrong.All the mods and Sponsors on this website are wrong; not to mention GM engineers themselves.I could quote them, but its pointless.

Nobody's changing anybody's mind or winning the argument so ease up and give it a rest.Its over....

Quick Reply: Main bearing clearance questions?