Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SS hood?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS hood?

Does anyone know of any company that sales after market ss hoods (fiber glass because of weight)that actually fit on my car (98 camaro) without being to short or to long on one side.Basically an oem fit but without the oem weight.I had the rk sport and it wasnt right at all and my friend had the ascd and it wasnt perfect either.Does anyone have any ideas.Thanx
Old 02-18-2002, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: SS hood?

Did you try Suncoast?
Old 02-18-2002, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I could be wrong, but I think there was a thread here yesterday about Suncoast and their products. It seems a lot of people were upset with the quality of their hoods. Try to look for that thread and read it.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

found that thread from 2000Z28, hope he doesn't mind me reprinting it...in fact the thread is just a few threads below this one...check!

---------

hey guys,
i just got my ss wing for my car, and i have experienced the worst experience in my life with them.

first of all i bought the wing last monday
for $365.00/$35 shipping=$400 and that it would
delivered by thursday or friday at the lastest.
so im seating around the house waiting friday,so
i call suncoast to find out were it is or get a
tracking number from rick(sales manager)who took the order.i also gave specific instructions to sent it to my business not my house. well they told that the wing did not ship until wednesday. wtf? so that meant i was not getting the wing on friday.rick also told me that they had it in stock and it will ship the
next day (tuesday). so the tracking number said it would delivered on the feb 12,so im waiting
tuesday at work for the delivery.its 3:00pm so i look the tracking on the internet and it said 1st attempt made,no one there!!!so im like wtf.call suncoast again to find out whats going on,and rick says im sorry but we put your home address on there.no sir i told you to send it to my business,well i did not process the order one
of other guys did it and must have messed up!
great, so what are going to do for me, well alli can do is change the address and send to you tommorow.what ive been waiting a week 1/2 for the dam thing. well you need to refund something for yalls screwups,well ill have to get back with on that.well now its wednesday and i got the wing about 12:00 p.m. the box looked like ****,im not saying thats there fault, becuase ups sucks anyways,but the box had been taped like in 15 different places. my told me that they do package
pretty well so i signed and brought it my store,opened it and as soon as i looked in the box
it had chip in it and the packaging was crap,two pieces of foam and the brake and bolts were taped to the wing,that was it.im not worried about the chip.it point and the principal behind the whole thing.also they say on there website it ways 40pounds , ups ticket says its 18pounds total weight.so suncoast is full of crap on 40pds.i will never ever order any thing form them or refer anyone to the again!!!i have heard alot of bad experiences with in the past, and i would have to say way more bad then good.also the wing is rk sport, not suncoast wing, so thats crap

thanks
wayne a very dissapointed customer!!!

please reposed with you experiences!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

I think that SLP carries a SS hood, I maybe mistaken but I think they have 1.... Look at their Ultra Z hood... It looks great!! I have a freind with a 99 black V6 Camaro with that hood and it looks good and another freind with a 95 Z28 with that hood and it's fine!! It is maybe the best looking Camaro hood out IMO... You can check SLP @ SLP

Josh S.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]Originally posted by The Guy in MY 99TA:
<strong>I think that SLP carries a SS hood, I maybe mistaken but I think they have 1.... Look at their Ultra Z hood... It looks great!! I have a freind with a 99 black V6 Camaro with that hood and it looks good and another freind with a 95 Z28 with that hood and it's fine!! It is maybe the best looking Camaro hood out IMO... You can check SLP @ SLP

Josh S.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You'll have to have a SS's VIN to order a real SS hood from SLP. Plus you have to send the old SS hood back to them or pay a god-awful price for it right out. Their Ultra Z hood looks ok, but I'm not a fan of it.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Kdubroc 99 SS ]</p>
Old 02-19-2002, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

The 98+ SS hoods can be bought at any chevy dealer and does not require a vin#. That only applys to the 96 and 97 hoods.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:03 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

[quote]Originally posted by The Booker Man:
<strong>Does anyone know of any company that sales after market ss hoods (fiber glass because of weight)that actually fit on my car (98 camaro) without being to short or to long on one side.Basically an oem fit but without the oem weight.I had the rk sport and it wasnt right at all and my friend had the ascd and it wasnt perfect either.Does anyone have any ideas.Thanx</strong><hr></blockquote>
You have several choices. Look through the list sponsors on the right.
Do a search and/or ask around about quality of these hoods. But here some of the links besides sponsors:

www.slponline.com

www.americansportscar.com

www.suncoastcreations.com

www.usbody.com

I'm sure there are others but thats all I can think of right now.

Peace,
Craig.

Quick Reply: SS hood?