Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

has anyone ordered a seat cover kit from hawks 3rd gen parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default has anyone ordered a seat cover kit from hawks 3rd gen parts?

i'm interested in getting new seat covers for my 95 T/A due to the typical bolster wear and because the top of my back seat has several separated areas and i see that hawks has a leather kit (actually top grade hampton vinyl which might as well be GM leather, lol) for $399.

has anyone ever ordered this? how did they fit? was the install hard? i'm especially concerned about those plastic accordian pieces on the side of the front seats. i've seen on ebay where oem seat covers include those peices. does anyone know if this set requires remval of your old accordian pieces from the old seat covers and sewing them into the new covers?

i had originally planned on just getting the drivers seat repaired and maybe the top of the back seat, but for $400 i think it'd be easier and cheaper to just get a whole new set of covers..

anyway here is a pic of some seats already done in my color, as well as the link to the info

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/tr...ptonvinyl.aspx

Old 12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at their Camaro seats for an LT1 they are actually using pictures from my car.

But anyway, they are really easy to install and they fit very good. Only took a couple hours, that includes taking the old seats off.

I'm not sure what plastic piece your talking about but I didn't have to sew anything. Here are some shitty cell phone pictures:

Last edited by Counted Out; 12-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Counted Out
If you look at their Camaro seats for an LT1 they are actually using pictures from my car.

But anyway, they are really easy to install and they fit very good. Only took a couple hours, that includes taking the old seats off.

I'm not sure what plastic piece your talking about but I didn't have to sew anything. Here are some shitty cell phone pictures:

you didn't have to sew anything because you have a camaro

the plastic piece i am referring to is the accordian looking thing on the trans am/formula seat like in the pic below. it is attatched to the seat cover and bolted to the seat behind the seat back (according to pics i've found of oem seat covers not instealled on a car)

(sorry the pic isnt really pointed to the seat because i actually had taken pics of the rocker under the plastic piece after i cleaned it, but you can see the accordian thing i'm referring to on the pass side seat)

here is a set of some oem seat covers i found on ebay showing what i'm talking about a little better and off the car.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

ok so i did find out they do not come with that accordian piece. they said a lot of people just leave those off or i'd have to find an upholstery shop to take the pieces off my old seats and sew them into the new covers.. how much do you think something like that would cost?

i called around and got quoted between $100-150 at one place and $250 by another. obviously i'd go for the $150 one but im beginning to wonder ifi ts really necessary.

hawks said that the new seat covers come with enough material that it will stretch over the bolsters making those accordian things unecessary and i'm a bigger guy anyway so i really don't ever compress them.

i found a pic of some late model seats which appear to still have bolsters but do not have the accordian pieces.. can anyone with a late model fbody confirm this?

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 12-15-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
ok so i did find out they do not come with that accordian piece. they said a lot of people just leave those off or i'd have to find an upholstery shop to take the pieces off my old seats and sew them into the new covers.. how much do you think something like that would cost?

i called around and got quoted between $100-150 at one place and $250 by another. obviously i'd go for the $150 one but im beginning to wonder ifi ts really necessary.

hawks said that the new seat covers come with enough material that it will stretch over the bolsters making those accordian things unecessary and i'm a bigger guy anyway so i really don't ever compress them.

i found a pic of some late model seats which appear to still have bolsters but do not have the accordian pieces.. can anyone with a late model fbody confirm this?
$150 to sew those on? Geeeez that seems pricey. I think upholstery is alot cheaper in Tucson because the number of little shops. I was going to get my doors reupholstered for $100/set, I see most people on here getting quoted atleast that much a door.

Anyway, back on topic, if you don't mind not having the plastic piece and Hawks is SURE there is enough material, I'd go for it. For the price, I don't think you can find much better and I know someone on CamaroZ28 who's had his for 5 years now and they still look great.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there an option to have the same grade of leather that was used in the 04-06 gto? that would be an awesome upgrade
Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Batman
is there an option to have the same grade of leather that was used in the 04-06 gto? that would be an awesome upgrade
i think they sell a higher end leather thats around $800 for the set

the pics i posted of the white leather were from a seller on ebay FWIW
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I plan on getting these in a few months for my 01 camaro. Can get different color inserts also!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just ordered a set last monday, and they arrived at my door exactly a week later. cant go wrong with hawks!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please update with installed pics.

Quick Reply: has anyone ordered a seat cover kit from hawks 3rd gen parts?