Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lambo Clear Coat Polishing-Today's Photo Essay

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve the car looks great. Is there a specific reason you used your hands to condition the leather?

When are the LC Kompressor pads going to be up on your site?

Black cars look so good when they've been detailed. Great job
Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Launching!

I cant even get my black panels on my car too look that good Awesome work.

Is the flex buffer just that much better? I have a porter cable with yellow, orange, white pads. But with the mezerna sip, I just cannot get the paint to come out just right.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camarox302
I cant even get my black panels on my car too look that good Awesome work.

Is the flex buffer just that much better? I have a porter cable with yellow, orange, white pads. But with the mezerna sip, I just cannot get the paint to come out just right.
Steve let me test the flex at autorama and it's completely different than a porter cable. I've had my porter cable for a few years and the rotation that the flex has is a lot tighter. It feels completely different.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Flex is a step up from the PC. I didn't buy one when they first came out because I didn't think I would use it much. But a couple of the cars that I have detailed lately could have used it. The PC works great and really cuts the time down, but some cars need that extra punch.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99zee
Looks great Steve. Looks like I need to pick up the Flex buffer and the SIP. I detailed a black Bentley the other day and the paint looked like the Lambo. The PC and Menzerna IP worked but it wore me down. Car had 900 miles on it but, it had not been washed correctly.
Scott:

We allowed a number of people to try the FLEX out at the Dallas Autorama and New Car Show here the last 2 weekends. Current PC users noticed how smooth the rotation was and the progressive speed control and increased torque capacity. The PC/IP combo will give results providing the user is patient. For those who want fast response and visible correction, the FLEX/SIP combo is what we showed at these events.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by clawson6.0
Looks freakin' awesome. How much is a do it yourself kit??
We offer many options to customize a DIY kit depending on the customer needs and desires. For the basics, our TCPC-10 Porter Cable and second orange pad. For the harder clear coat finishes, the Menzerna SIP will gives results in correction you may have not achieved before. If there is any micro-marring after this step on dark color finishes, the white pad/TC-8 Swirl Cutter smoothes out the finishes while restoring gloss and clarity. For protection after buffing, I like our TC-3 "Sunburst" Sealant xP on lighter colors to give crystal clear, high gloss reflection and for darker colors like this Lambo, the TC-2B "Crystal Black" Carnauba Creme gives additional depth to the finish without any dulling haze. Additional pads and microfibers towels can be ordered later with FREE shipping.

Something else to think about: The FLEX buffer is roughly $100 more than the PC kit. The qucker correction rate in time savings will more than make up for the increase machine cost.

This is just a couple of ideas to think about. The key to getting these results with machine buffing is patience and learning from your experience.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

For all online orders at www.tropi-care.com, be sure to use promo code"10offTC" to get 10% off your entire order. You can also reach me toll-free at (866)341-0050.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Steve the car looks great. Is there a specific reason you used your hands to condition the leather?

When are the LC Kompressor pads going to be up on your site?

Black cars look so good when they've been detailed. Great job
Chris:

I'm glad you had a chance to see the difference between the PC and FLEX for yourself. The cost of machine will make many hesitate to consider buying one until they use and see what it can do.

A soft blue or red foam pad can be used to apply the conditioner too. I just like to apply it by hand because the foam will absorb a lot of product during application.

As for the "KOMPRESSOR" pads, we should have our first purple pads followed by the white pads shortly.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
Scott:

We allowed a number of people to try the FLEX out at the Dallas Autorama and New Car Show here the last 2 weekends. Current PC users noticed how smooth the rotation was and the progressive speed control and increased torque capacity. The PC/IP combo will give results providing the user is patient. For those who want fast response and visible correction, the FLEX/SIP combo is what we showed at these events.

Thanks Steve. Looks like I will add this to my next order. My patience has improved over the years but that Bentley was one giant swirl/minor imperfection nightmare. I also detailed a black Charger that had major water spots. The PC/IP combo worked but the Flex/SIP combo would have been so much better.

Last edited by 99zee; 02-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car is so nice, and the top is absolutly hideous
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Great work, car looks amazing!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used the sip today on my camaro and toyota that is a great product couldnt pull the camaro out due to no axle co thanks steve for some great productsver
TECH Apprentice

TECH Apprentice

Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wowsers
looks good, but that is the ugliest convertible top ive ever seen
WERD!

Nice write up Steve.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Launching!

When you folks buff out using a porter cable what size pads do you use? I have the larger ones and I remember back a while hearing that the smaller pads will do more work? Perhaps thats why I am not getting the greatest results. I was thinking about swaping to the smaller counter weight, backing plate, and 2 pads or so?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Car looks amazing!

How much is a ball park estimate of having a car fully detailed? I really want to have my Trans-Am detailed, but I drive it alot and I don't want to spend that $$ and have it looking back the way it was shortly after.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also wanting to know what something like this is worth, i detail cars too on the side, just seeing if my prices are ok.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by camarox302
When you folks buff out using a porter cable what size pads do you use? I have the larger ones and I remember back a while hearing that the smaller pads will do more work? Perhaps thats why I am not getting the greatest results. I was thinking about swaping to the smaller counter weight, backing plate, and 2 pads or so?
If I am using the PC or the FLEX for larger areas, I am using the 6.5" Lake Country CCS and KOMPRESSOR pads(a large assortment of them). For the narrow body panels on the Lambo, you can see I switched to the 4" LC pads using a 3.5" backing plate. The smaller the pads, the less mass you are spinning on the surface thus the greater working action. These smaller pads are great for tight spaces, headlights and taillights too.

pwterz28:
Great results. Glad you like the performance of the SIP.

Quick Reply: Lambo Clear Coat Polishing-Today's Photo Essay