Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eiyse98ls1
any emblems that say " ls1 Z"? maybe in Z06 style.? black lettering..

I will make whatever you want, but I will require very specific input from you concerning your request. This will include a preliminary sketch as close to what you want, as you can get.

Thanks,
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

where are today's pics?!?!?!!??!!?!? i've check this thread like 20 times today! still nothing!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
where are today's pics?!?!?!!??!!?!? i've check this thread like 20 times today! still nothing!
The reason nothing is posted yet, is because we are making items for our customers. Todays item will be posted soon. We just need to finish the packaging.
Must keep the shipping schedule up you know.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Today's item:

Camaro front and rear inserts. The fronts fit 98-02, the rears fits 93-02.

Stainless Steel Rear fills: $35.00
Acrylic Rear fills: $30.00 comes in many colors!!!!
Plastics fills: $30.00 comes in many colors!!!!

Stainless Steel Front fills: $30.00
Acrylic Front fills: $27.00 comes in many colors!!!!
Plastics fills: $30.00 comes in many colors!!!!

guess i have to wait for the license to order this? because i really want it and all other sites are way over priced
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
guess i have to wait for the license to order this? because i really want it and all other sites are way over priced
Shoot me an email
Old 04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Wink

Fuel Rail cover strips made with your vehicle logo... Multiple color combinations and materials available. These are meant to cover the Corvette letter depressions, or anythnig else on the FRC's.

Sorry it took so long to get these up, but we've been slammed and tonight we did about 20 orders, not counting we did 20 orders or so for the past 3 days, and we still haven't caught up. Looks like we're working Saturday as well. No time to party around here lately:

Last edited by dragonZ28; 01-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Wink

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
Did you happen to take any pictures of mine before you sent it??? I'd like to see it
Bingo

Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

email sent
Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bingo

That is awesome! Midpoint of tailight is where its going so this is good news! I can't wait to get it and put it on. Should go perfect with my brake calipers! Badass!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

midpoint of the taillight (same place as the z28 and ss emblems) wont fit, you have to move it towards the center in the rear. The sides stick out and won't completly be stuck down.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
midpoint of the taillight (same place as the z28 and ss emblems) wont fit, you have to move it towards the center in the rear. The sides stick out and won't completly be stuck down.
How far were you going over? We tried it on our Z28 and WS6 this afternoon and had contact across all of the emblem near the midpoint of the lens.

It is somewhat subjective as the curve gets greater the farther you get toward the edge. We lined ours up where the right side of the emblem was at midpoint, and it was fine. This is about 3 inches to the left of the stock position. Please follow the instructions we are passing out.

Regardless, it is a sturdy emblem and it won't flex much. It was designed to work on fenders, hoods, doors, or certain underhood items where there are lots of flat areas. Design intent is exactly that. When you get outside of that intention, you can cause yourself some issues.

I'll try to get some installed pictures tomorrow in certain areas on the rear panel so you guys can get an idea of what it looks like - I will post those pictures tomorrow. I don't tell anyone what to do with their emblems, but they were not designed to be placed onto highly curved areas. It will fit across some curvature, but not all places are suitable for every single emblem. The tape will absorb some of a curve, and the slight flexibility of the emblem will do a little more, but it does have its limit. This just happens to be the most sturdy piece we have made so far. These emblems look extremely nice, and the processes required to make that happen cause it to be inherently strong.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 04-18-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was looking at the Berger panel this afternoon and like dragonz28 stated the panel curves more the farther out you go. It did look like placing it where the stock z28 emblem goes or maybe slightly more toward the center will be flat enough. I'm taking off the bowtie anyway so I think it will work out just fine. I will post pics and measurements of it installed so people will have full confidence it will fit and you will probably get more orders
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
I was looking at the Berger panel this afternoon and like dragonz28 stated the panel curves more the farther out you go. It did look like placing it where the stock z28 emblem goes or maybe slightly more toward the center will be flat enough. I'm taking off the bowtie anyway so I think it will work out just fine. I will post pics and measurements of it installed so people will have full confidence it will fit and you will probably get more orders
First of all, thanks.
Honestly,
We scrutinize our pieces extremely hard before we ever sell them to a customer. We did not see any problems where we placed it, it looked perfectly fine. I am going to place one of these on my 2010 SS Camaro, but I am going to need to use good judgement on where the best place is going to be. It probably will not fit just anywhere I want to stick it on.
Just to repeat again, it was approx. 3 inches the the left of stock position, where we had it. Make sure the car is clean, and stick it on. We send application instructions either in email form, or in letter form with each purchase. Very simple to follow.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

no no no, im not trying to knock it at all! i really really like this piece and it is one of the best crafted pieces out there. I was just saying that about mid lense, the side just barely dont touch, thats all. Im sure it will stick just fine but i noticed that i had to go a little farther in (direction of trunk key hole) under the lense to get it to lay flat. I am debating on a differant place for it but i am not sure yet. Ill post up when its on.

KR
Old 04-17-2009, 11:51 PM
FormerVendor

no no no, im not trying to knock it at all! i really really like this piece and it is one of the best crafted pieces out there. I was just saying that about mid lense, the side just barely dont touch, thats all. Im sure it will stick just find but i noticed that i had to go a little farther in (direction of trunk key hole) under the lense to get it to lay flat. I am debating on a differant place for it but i am not sure yet. Ill post up when its on.

KR

Kevin,

I understand, and I think you are really saying the same thing I am. I just want to make sure everyone that wants one of these understands how to judge where they place it, and why that is. No problems here .

Last edited by dragonZ28; 04-18-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Kevin,

I understand, and I think you are saying the same thing I am. I just want to make sure everyone that wants one of these understands where, and how to judge where they place it. No problems.
Here's a quickie....

I'm planning on putting that badge on the tailpanel as well...does the plastic emblem have more "give" in it than the stainless one?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73
Here's a quickie....

I'm planning on putting that badge on the tailpanel as well...does the plastic emblem have more "give" in it than the stainless one?
Yes there is a little more flex in the plastic pieces. However, the attaching of these two pieces does not permit much flex. We do not assemble these to fall apart. As I said earlier, about 3 inches the the left of the stock emblem and you will be fine.
We will post some detailed pictures tomorrow for everyone, so there is no confusion.
Obviously, I am going to have to make this "application position" extremely clear on the website, and ebay auction pages.
It may be a personality flaw I have, but I do assume that people read my information on an item when they buy it. It's important sometimes.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

email sent
Old 04-18-2009, 12:30 AM
FormerVendor

email sent
I got it. I will get with you tomorrow about them.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome! I was wondering if you were going to make the FRC's..

Quick Reply: Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily