Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its a little late for request, but are you all planning to make headunit brackets? I would be interested in one in stainless steel black with Formula etched if that ever happens.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Damn these are some great looking products! Customer cars look great
Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by redbadss
on the 69' style z28 emblems, do you think the z in black would look better than the z in red on my car? i haven't seen any red cars with this emblem on
All I can say is that black blends well with any other color. You can't go wrong picking black.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
For all of you guys with Ultra-Z hoods. We just made a stainless replacement grill for it. Pics will up tomorrow. It was made with cooperation from another board member here. I am sure he will give us some installed pictures as well.
what happened to the teaser pics???
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

All I can say is that black blends well with any other color. You can't go wrong picking black.
PM sent Matt
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28_n_tx
what happened to the teaser pics???
Here is an Iphone picture. Its all I've got until the installed pics come on the thread. This is a replacement piece, not an overlay for the ultra Z hoods.
Attached Thumbnails Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily-ultra-z-grill.jpg  

Last edited by dragonZ28; 05-31-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Here is an Iphone picture. Its all Ive got until the installed pics come on the thread. This is a replacement piece, not an overlay for the ultra Z hoods.
looks great...itll flow well with all the other emblems that i have gotten from you over the yrs. ill post pics as soon as i receive it.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Here is an Iphone picture. Its all Ive got until the installed pics come on the thread. This is a replacement piece, not an overlay for the ultra Z hoods.
is the pattern different at all?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
is the pattern different at all?
The grill is a perfect match, except that my borders around my honeycomb design are a little bigger. Can't really make them as thin as the original, without some problems form the laser. However it is stronger then the factory piece that came with the hood, there is no reason to have two on it.
So ,I would simply just place the new one one there.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 05-31-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan
Here is my Badge. Looks good on the 30th. I hope it's centered & straight..lol. You can use the pic if you want
looks good. i think the blue would have been better a little bit darker to match the rest of the blue on the car
Old 05-31-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Let me try again. Are you planning to make headunit brackets?

Also are the grills you sell for the WS6 and Firehawk hoods, replacement or do they glue onto the existing grill?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
Let me try again. Are you planning to make headunit brackets?

Also are the grills you sell for the WS6 and Firehawk hoods, replacement or do they glue onto the existing grill?
Firehawk grills are direct replacements.
WS6 grills bolt over existing grill, using factory screws.
We also make GTO grills, SS grills, LT1 Trans Am grills, LT1 Camaro grills,
Grand Prix grills, the Ultra Z hood grill, and Custom grills for aftermarket hoods.

I have no answer for head units brackets at this time. We need to discuss here, how this would be done, what we will charge, if they would even sell, etc....
Unless you want a custom one off order? You can let me know if you are willing to do that. We have to decide what to make upon a lot of different criteria. Being able to sell them is primary. Next would be, does the cost the the item can bring justify trying to offer it as a normally stocked item? There are also other factors that would bore you to tears.
However, If you want one set of these made, at the cost it would be for one of them, I will make one of them. I just need you to tell me that.
I am not trying to be avoiding in my answer, but sometimes customers are not willing to pay what it costs for a one off item. One off items cost more than something we make a large quantity of.
Sometimes we will make something for free for a customer helping us out, IF we think the item would be a good seller. That decision rests solely with us.
Now, other than the name "Head Unit" I know nothing about what you are asking for. After a very good description, and some good dimensions from you. I will let you know. Please be ready to give me any information I may need.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 05-31-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Firehawk grills are direct replacements.
WS6 grills bolt over existing grill, using factory screws.
We also make GTO grills, SS grills, LT1 Trans Am grills, LT1 Camaro grills,
Grand Prix grills, the Ultra Z hood grill, and Custom grills for aftermarket hoods.

I have no answer for head units brackets at this time. We need to discuss here, how this would be done, what we will charge, if they would even sell, etc....
Unless you want a custom one off order? You can let me know if you are willing to do that. We have to decide what to make upon a lot of different criteria. Being able to sell them is primary. Next would be, does the cost the the item can bring justify trying to offer it as a normally stocked item? There are also other factors that would bore you to tears.
However, If you want one set of these made, at the cost it would be for one of them, I will make one of them. I just need you to tell me that.
I am not rying to be avoiding in my answer, but sometimes customers are not willing to pay what it costs for a one off item. One off items cost more than something we make a large quantity of.
Sometimes we will make something for free for a customer helping us out, IF we think the item would be a good seller. That decision rests solely with us.
Now, other than the name "Head Unit" I know nothing about what you are asking for. After a very good description, and some good dimensions from you. I will let you know. Please be ready to give me any information I may need.

Thanks, Roger
First why are the WS6 covers where as the Firehawk replacements in the case of the grills?

Then about the "Headunit." I mean the bezel around the radio/CD player/Media player for aftermarket CD/Media players. I know the one I got from Crutchfield with my Alpine is tacky looking. And I do think this would be a great seller, but I am not interesting in buying a one-off. I am sure that would be much more than I am willing to spend. At the same time though, you could offer awesome etching of whatever anyone wanted on the bezel/bracket. I hope you understand what I mean now.

Here is a link
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
I would link the one for a firebird, but they only show the extension mount (where the radio sticks out 1/2"). I was thinking something like a flush mount.

Last edited by kny3twalker; 05-31-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
First why are the WS6 covers where as the Firehawk replacements in the case of the grills?

Then about the "Headunit." I mean the bezel around the radio/CD player/Media player for aftermarket CD/Media players. I know the one I got from Crutchfield with my Alpine is tacky looking. And I do think this would be a great seller, but I am not interesting in buying a one-off. I am sure that would be much more than I am willing to spend. At the same time though, you could offer awesome etching of whatever anyone wanted on the bezel/bracket. I hope you understand what I mean now.

Here is a link
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
I would link the one for a firebird, but they only show the extension mount (where the radio sticks out 1/2"). I was thinking something like a flush mount.

The Firehawk hood has a flange all the way round the inside it uses to support its grill. This gives an area to attach to, and offers very good support. The WS6 trans am hood does not have this feature. So we chose offer it as a cover. Could someone use it a the main grill? It's possible. But not the best application in my opinion.
I could not find anything on the link you supplied. However, a surround for a stereo unit would be very specific for only a few cars, as there are a lot of models of radios, etc... It sounds like it would not be a large seller. Unless we got lucky, and made one that a lot of F body owners actually did have, and wanted to replace. I don't have any doubt that we could make one though.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

The Firehawk hood has a flange all the way round the inside it uses to support its grill. This gives an area to attach to, and offers very good support. The WS6 trans am hood does not have this feature. So we chose offer it as a cover. Could someone use it a the main grill? It's possible. But not the best application in my opinion.
I could not find anything on the link you supplied. However, a surround for a stereo unit would be very specific for only a few cars, as there are a lot of models of radios, etc... It sounds like it would not be a large seller. Unless we got lucky, and made one that a lot of F body owners actually did have, and wanted to replace. I don't have any doubt that we could make one though.
Actually Aftermarket radios have standards. They are all single Din, 1 1/2 Din or Double Din. And Navigation Style CD players (simply large touch screen) will not fit without major customization to the larger Radio and A/C controls Bezel.
Also 1 1/2 Din sized radios completely fill the area for the radio so no mounting bracket would be needed. Only single Din Radios need mounting brackets, so there would only vehicle specific, not Aftermarket CD player specific.

The link was only to show you what type of product I was looking for, not an exact replacement.

I believe this is the specific one
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209933...&tp=3121&avf=N
of course the inner plastic has to be trimmed on the top piece and the two lower pieces are only needed for older style radios

I think this product would have demand because anyone that upgrades the factory stereo to an aftermarket single din CD player will need a mounting braket. Of course they could use the crappy ones that crutchfield includes with every purchase, but something customized, personalized, and made from metal would look much nicer.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Finally got around to putting the new Z28 fender badges on, I like it!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73

Looks very good. The orange matches pretty well. These can go in my custom gallery?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice
Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Looks very good. The orange matches pretty well. These can go in my custom gallery?
You sure can.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73

wow havent seen this emblem before, these are sick? how much do these run?

Quick Reply: Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily