Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

DETAIL: '06 Spice Red Metallic GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS DNA
I been wanting to try out the Menzerna stuff but I still got some Tropi Care polish I need to finish

What would you recommend for a Clay Bar ?
For most of the surface clean-ups, I have been using the gray or blue mild bars from Clay Magic. It has been very effective for removing contaminants easily without inflicting micro-marring.

The Menzerna IP or SIP is more aggressive than the TC Swirl Cutter in removing mild-moderate scratches from f-body clear coats using the orange or purple pad on the PC or FLEX.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Looks amazing as always.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
For most of the surface clean-ups, I have been using the gray or blue mild bars from Clay Magic. It has been very effective for removing contaminants easily without inflicting micro-marring.

The Menzerna IP or SIP is more aggressive than the TC Swirl Cutter in removing mild-moderate scratches from f-body clear coats using the orange or purple pad on the PC or FLEX.
Steve, im about to purchase some products from Menzerna but I dont know what to go with. I dont know if I should buy the IP or SIP. Whats the difference between them two? and do I need to give it a pass with something else after to clean up the surface ?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by After a quick rinse off to get rid of the loose dust, I started with our new citrus pre-wash concentrate in the Gilmour foam gun by spraying it on the surface and allowed it to set for about 5 minutes before washing. This will help to break down any remaining greasy dirt and road film.
[IMG
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/tropi-care/detail_apr1_09/detail_apr1_09-07.jpg[/IMG]

First rinse after washing:

Do you just rinse this off? Or? Are you actually using something to wipe the car off with?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrianB
Do you just rinse this off? Or? Are you actually using something to wipe the car off with?
I did rinse this off before wiping down with microfiber waffle weave drying towels.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Steve, im about to purchase some products from Menzerna but I dont know what to go with. I dont know if I should buy the IP or SIP. Whats the difference between them two? and do I need to give it a pass with something else after to clean up the surface ?
Both the IP and SIP can be used. The SIP contains a greater concentration of super fine abrasives, cuts faster using the FLEX or rotary compared to the PC.

On darker colors, you may need to follow up with a finer abrasive/pad combo if there is any micro-marring or hazing inflicted from the stronger combo. Our Swirl Cutter with a white pad is one option. We will be adding the Menzerna 106FA later this week to the line up.

Quick Reply: DETAIL: '06 Spice Red Metallic GTO