Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

different...
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i do think that the side splitters look better with the lines of the TA than the Camaro
Old 05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
if I saw that red Camaro above with the splitters near me.. I would rip that crap off.. these cars weren't made to have splitters.. whats next? damn window louvers? one of those PT cruiser things over the windshield?? are we gonna have splitters off the side of the head lights?? under the mirrors??
And if I saw you do that you'd be knuckled up so fast you'd lay there and think about how you should've paid more attention to defending yourself back in basic training than touching other people's property.

but i'm just saying....

But to get the thread back on track, i could go either way on them...Hopefully they'll look **** with the canards.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car wasn't made with splitters in mind also. Someone had a good idea and designed some for it after it came out.

I don't see how there is a huge commotion about these splitters. People have different tastes in what looks good and the simple idea of a splitter would benefit someone looking to do anything at high speeds also.

Not trying to hijack the thread and start a fight, don't get me wrong. Just playing devil's advocate a little. It's your car, you can do anything you want to it.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Wow man, these side splitters are really polarizing for our LS1tech members delicate sensibilities.

Basically, I dont think this place needs to be some online "clique" where everyone likes the same ****, agree on the same mods, and we all sit around, suckin' each others dicks. If you don't like the side splitters, don't ******* order any. No need to get all bitchy and pissed off because somebody puts something on their car you don't like.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

PS, looking forward to some pics of these canards.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Btw, Sommer, I think your car looks really ****. Just how the black splitters accent the styling cues from the rest of your car really make it fit. Definitely waiting to see some canards and how they fit with the car.

6LE, I'm sorry if I helped deviate away from your thread. Didn't mean to. I think you have excellent products and some ***** to think outside the box the way you do. I may be hitting you up for some products here soon.

Sommer, I think you should put pics of the blond in your sig to make this place peaceful again haha.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Post a picture of the hottie touching the side splitter and I bet they would sell out. BTW, I love the way they look and will probably get some to go with my front splitter thats on the car now.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Mine are on order to compliment the front splitter, hope the canards will be ready soon....................

Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fxgs
Mine are on order to compliment the front splitter, hope the canards will be ready soon....................

That is one great looking SS, get some pics up once you get the side spltters on, I thinkk it is going to look awesome!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96blkform
That is one great looking SS, get some pics up once you get the side spltters on, I thinkk it is going to look awesome!
Thanx for the compliment.................will do
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blacksnake
Wow man, these side splitters are really polarizing for our LS1tech members delicate sensibilities.

Basically, I dont think this place needs to be some online "clique" where everyone likes the same ****, agree on the same mods, and we all sit around, suckin' each others dicks. If you don't like the side splitters, don't ******* order any. No need to get all bitchy and pissed off because somebody puts something on their car you don't like.
How very true.............people like to individualize their cars to please themselves, nobody else. Some people might not like what someone has done to their car, but who cares as long as the owner is happy with what they have done.....................

The people who rant and continue to rant about this, well they have some other issues going on in their life...............
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
from what i hear the rear diffuser is ongoing for TAs. maybe one day it will exist
i should have one very soon
Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

A for effort, but i think there kinda ugly
Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So once every thing is said and done, will this whole thing be called the
6LE Body Kit?

Seriously though, the canards and side splitters will look good with forged/deep dish wheels.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blacksnake

couldnt had said it better. Chill out guys, you sound ridiculous. I myself wouldnt buy a side splitter but hey, if someone thinks theyre badass than that's awesome that 6LE is selling em'.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sommer86
The idea for the "mud guards" or Canards is from the ZR1. I dont have those yet, as they're still being created, but it will tie-in and complete the look and functionality of the whole splitter system.
actually the z06 like this
Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
Come on man, I would enjoy coming into the Appearance section to look at some nice clean tastefully done Camaro's. Since you've been doing these splitter things I have completely stopped coming into this section. These things make the car look like ****. The car has a nice flowing body line, and you add this tachy ricey looking thing. I just think that since the price value of these cars have come down, we see a lot more buckets because of the age bracket appeal vs affordability. Now we have a bunch of ricey looking Camaro's going around buying up this ****. Whatever, we're all entitled to our opinion, and there is mine. The hell with these stupid designs.

/rant
Yeah, you're right... We should all just buy SS parts and try to sell our cars as Z28/SS's...

I mean, I love surfing the appearance section and seeing all these types of mods...

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
Appearance

OEM Factory SS hood
OEM Factory SS Spoiler
Painted black berger panel (gloss black)
Black/Silver painted calipers with Camaro vinyl sticker
!spring hose mod
What I am DYING to know is how you did this AMAZING appearance mod to your exhaust...

Seeing your car I'm glad you don't like my designs, would make me think I was doing something wrong
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like it, I like it But how hard would it be to take pictures during the day ?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sway99bird
I like it, I like it But how hard would it be to take pictures during the day ?
Oddly enough, super hard. I work 9-5 technically, more like 8-8. By the time I get the chance to take pics all I have is my dark parking garage and night setting on my camera

Quick Reply: Side Splitters ready for sale...