Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alright..I know it's been done a hundred times now..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright..I know it's been done a hundred times now..

But, I am wanting to do a complete color change in a few months. I want to strip the car down, no interior, pull the motor to get down into the engine bay, and inside all the panels. So, if you pulled up carpet, or a panel, it woul dbe the same color underneath. I'm a perfectionist, and I being able to see an "old color". I'm wanting to do the car Viper Steel Gray with an SS hood, and spoiler, and then put it on some chrome 10-spoke ss wheels. My question is, who out there has done something like this, and how much of a pain in the *** is it, and in the end..is it worth it? My car is white right now..and, I see NBM ones, and red and black everywhere..so I thought that the VSG...even though it's been done..is still a rare eye catching color on these cars. Not to mention, I haven't seen it done on the camaro's,...but I have on the TA's before...even a couple of stangs.

Anyhow, if anybody has any pics, of any that have had this, so I can see, or if anybody can give me any hints/info before I start stripping the car down, that would be VERY helpful. Also-I wouldn't mind removing the entire enterior (sans dash of course) b/c I am going from tan leather, to black leather..and would like to have two leather wrapped Recaro, or Corbeau seats up front.

Also-simpler question, my left fender doesn't exactly line up wiht my door..from the side you can't tell, but from behind, looking down the body you can tell that he fender is bowed out a bit (thanks to the kid at Discount Tire who put the lift under the fender) is thi ssomething a body shop can fix, or would it require a new fender?

TIA Guys,
Jason
Old 11-02-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you have a white car the HARD part will be the engine bay.. Berger has no problem doing a color change on a car (they charge $7k) but they start with a black car.

Also, why grey? There are LOTS of other colors that havent been done on a 4th gen that would look great.. im thinking candy tangerine or some other wild color..

Any body shop should be able to fix the fender.. its a common thing to have happen (so long as it didnt crack the plastic fender).. Pulling the interior isnt hard, just time consuming..

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Well, originally I had thought Hugger Orange, or even SOM, but since those are factory colors, they were out. Not wanting to get TOOOOOOO terribly crazy with a color, but I definitely want something that stands out, and will make some mouths water. Like I said, the car would be slammed on the chrome 10-spokes, and it's got 2% tint all the way around. I thought that the VSG would look good, with the colormatched SS grille, and the Clear sidemarkers. But, hell..I'm open to any suggestions/pics of cars that are diferent colors. Electron Blue, although a factory color, could look pretty sick.

Also-if this is going to set me back $7k...I'm going to keep this thing in a glass bubble...and only take it out once a month, just so I can touch it, and then I'll put it back in
Old 11-03-2003, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I say if you pull the interior and engine and all that BS

a reputable body shop would spray the whole car for 4-5k.

I would leave the dash in though, that thing is a PITA
Old 11-03-2003, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonZ28
But, hell..I'm open to any suggestions/pics of cars that are diferent colors. Electron Blue, although a factory color, could look pretty sick.

Paint it this color; medium Quasar Blue metallic....

It came on older f-bodies, but I've never seen it on an LS1 before
Old 11-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Of course I would leave the dash..no need to yank it, as it's already black...kinda diggin the quazar blue...maybe with some sort of ghost flame? That might look perty slick
Old 11-03-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe you should do it Fast and the Furious eclipse lime green j/k. I vote for Hugger orange My favorite color in tha whole wide world.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Have you considered "Out-of-the-Blue" off of the '04 Escalades. That is a pretty sick color, i haven't seen any 4th Gen camaros in that color yet
Old 11-08-2003, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

I love the new blue on the escalades and that color is so sweet once i saw one at a dealership ive always wondered what a camaro would look like with that paintjob i think it would look sweet
Old 11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, Out-of-the-blue is a wicked color.. I was going to paint my 69 that color but decided it was darker than I wanted.. so I went with a lighter pearl blue for the 69..

OOTB would look GREAT on a 4th gen... I wouldnt want to pay the money and paint the car a factory fbody color (hugger, quazar, etc.).. go with something unique.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

So...OOTB Blue, with all the SS ****, or all of the SS panels, and the blingin' Fikses?
Old 11-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Launching!

I dono if youve seen this before.....but its an amazing color combo IMHO.... electron blue w/ silver ghost flames!!!

http://www.badassride.com/images/Scr...tron_Blue_WS6/
Old 11-14-2003, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn JetMech99 , that ride is Dope!!!! Very PIMP
Old 11-14-2003, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

My car used to be white. Everything on the exterior was removed. Hood, both bumpers, doors, hatch, wing, everthing that could be removed. They didn't touch the interior. The engine bay was painted too except for the firewall. The left the engine in a removed as much as possible. I very happy with the way it was done. But I'll tell you one thing. It sucks having a white cars color changed. I got a mean rock chip a while back that went straight through to the original white. I had it touched up. I just have a couple of questions. Why bother having the interior painted if it will be covered up again? Are you going to paint underneath the car as well? There will always be some part were you will be able to see the original color.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Graphite_WS6
My car used to be white. Everything on the exterior was removed. Hood, both bumpers, doors, hatch, wing, everthing that could be removed. They didn't touch the interior. The engine bay was painted too except for the firewall. The left the engine in a removed as much as possible. I very happy with the way it was done. But I'll tell you one thing. It sucks having a white cars color changed. I got a mean rock chip a while back that went straight through to the original white. I had it touched up. I just have a couple of questions. Why bother having the interior painted if it will be covered up again? Are you going to paint underneath the car as well? There will always be some part were you will be able to see the original color.

Well-the reason for the removal of the interior is I'm changing from tan leather to black leather, and I figured while it was out, I could go ahead and have it sprayed. I'd like it to look as factory as possible..

Right now, I cleaned the car up real good..been the first time i've been able to in a LONG time, and I'm thinking that the white is okay for now....so the color change isn't that big of a deal for me at the moment. But, I would like to have it look very "factory" except under the car..I dont think that's necessary to do.