Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of the first 6LE badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Siphon
No offense, but I hope you never pull on the side of a LS2 powered car, and they actually know what the badge means You might be in for some embarrassment.
why is that?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing wrong with putting a 6LE badge on your own car. Every single car part I have ever bought has come with stickers/badges. 6LE, Mark, is making a name for himself. This isn't a run of the mill sticker or emblem coming with his kit. This is relatively unique.

My NOS 5177 Kit came with an emblem, and stickers. Everytime I have ordered from Summit and Jegs, I get stickers. Comp Cams; stickers. Thunder Racing (Great Vendor); stickers. I have a filing cabinet drawer filled with stickers and emblems from the thousands of dollars in parts I have purchased in the past. I think I have about 30 Thunder Racing decals in a variety of colors. I displayed one on my car on the hatch just above the key lock for years until I had it repainted. That's how much I liked Thunder, and hopefully, other F-bodies driving around town would hear/see my car and go check them, out and see what they had to offer. It is just the company hoping that through your great experience in dealing with them, you will publicly represent them by putting them in view, or free advertising/word of mouth referrals. Putting stickers in your engine bay is no different because when you go to shows, they are publicly displayed.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
There's nothing wrong with putting a 6LE badge on your own car. Every single car part I have ever bought has come with stickers/badges. 6LE, Mark, is making a name for himself. This isn't a run of the mill sticker or emblem coming with his kit. This is relatively unique.

My NOS 5177 Kit came with an emblem, and stickers. Everytime I have ordered from Summit and Jegs, I get stickers. Comp Cams; stickers. Thunder Racing (Great Vendor); stickers. I have a filing cabinet drawer filled with stickers and emblems from the thousands of dollars in parts I have purchased in the past. I think I have about 30 Thunder Racing decals in a variety of colors. I displayed one on my car on the hatch just above the key lock for years until I had it repainted. That's how much I liked Thunder, and hopefully, other F-bodies driving around town would hear/see my car and go check them, out and see what they had to offer. It is just the company hoping that through your great experience in dealing with them, you will publicly represent them by putting them in view, or free advertising/word of mouth referrals. Putting stickers in your engine bay is no different because when you go to shows, they are publicly displayed.
i'm glad some people get it. im also advertising you since you made the emblem. i used to have stickers everywhere before i got my new hatch. now all i have is your LT1 emblem, the 6LE badge, and 2 K&N Stickers on the air dam. mark is a great guy. he makes the products i see in my head. hell if i could have his exhaust i would.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
why is that?
He was joking, not to pull up to a ls2(6.0) car with that badge 6LE on your lt1 because they may interpret it as literally.

Mark's sn, 6 Liter Eater(6LE).

Mark , since this is part of thread now. Why 6 Liter Eater, your z looks preety stock?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
He was joking, not to pull up to a ls2(6.0) car with that badge 6LE on your lt1 because they may interpret it as literally.

Mark's sn, 6 Liter Eater(6LE).

Mark , since this is part of thread now. Why 6 Liter Eater, your z looks preety stock?
his car is far from stock. he is spraying, forget the amount. its cammed and stalled with true duals. sounds sick in person.

heres a clip: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=100_4987.flv
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 6LE Origins: 6LITEREATER... lol

Wow, lots of people care way too much about everyone else's car in this thread

F@ck it, here's the history...

When I first logged on to message boards back in the day (199X forgot exactly) I called myself "5LITEREATER" because at the local street races that is what my 1994 Z was. 5.0's were still big on the scene and with the exception of the serious guys (Lethal Injection Racing, Outlaw guys) that is what my car was....

When I first logged on to LS1tech, in like 2004 5LITEREATER was taken so I just came up with a dumb name, DEMONBIRD (had a 1999 Trans-Am at the time), thinking it didn't matter because I spent more time on CamaroZ28 at the time...

Times changed, 4000 posts later I kept getting asked why I was called DEMONBIRD when I had the car I have. Couldn't get people to let me change so I started a new account... 5LITEREATER was still taken (and that is what I was on all the other boards) so I decide to keep up with the times I'd go with 6LITEREATER (and was able to change it on all the other boards). Being that I have a semi large cam (in the 230s), 150 shot, dual exhaust, etc... I didn't foresee the name being to invalid.

Eventually, becoming a paying sponsor I got the privilege of finally having the old DEMONBIRD account merged into 6LITEREATER (one of the reasons I actually became a sponsor to be honest). Stuff I sold became popular and before I knew it I was abbreviated into "6LE" since "6LITEREATER" takes too long to type I guess (RaptorWS6 still swears this is his creation )

Being that I make parts for F-Bodies, which had a "1LE" package, 6LE stuck...

Now, here's where the idea to badge a 6LE Package comes into play...

There are cars with WS7 badges... Not factory but they want to badge their Trans-Ams with WS6 parts and don't want to "clone" them down to the badge, this has become an acceptable alternative...

The original "1LE Package" had to do with handling (for the most part) and my "6LE Package" takes it to the next level of handling, aerodynamics...

No different than SLP's Performance Pacs. Now they just offer horsepower badges but before they used to offer names to the packages.

It comes down to this, I birth things into the F-Body world that I always wanted for my car but no one got off their *** to offer so I did. It has been successful for the past 6 months (in my eyes at least, just went past $60,000 in sales) and I felt it was time to give birth to something I always wanted... A "specialty car" for the little guys.

I DROOL over all the GMMG stuff. The ZL1's, the Dick Harrell cars, Blackbirds, etc... Cool company, cool stuff but to be a member of the "badge club" you have to spend an assload of money.

I wanted something that had recognition (at least on here), came from an actual company (which I am now), that had meaning (fleshing out the details but you can't just buy one product and get the emblem, it is a real package), but was accessible (it isn't cheap, over $1000 with everything, but it isn't $100,000 either) to anyone who wanted to "option" their car POST factory.

We all know damn good and well most factory options are garbage compared to what you can get (dollar for dollar) from the aftermarket anyways. Only difference is factory options make your KBB higher... This is for the non-purist to simply enjoy
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Banned

emblempros put out just as solid points...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Banned

Also, while I haven't "sponsored" his car all the parts on it have been below friend price and friend price is cost (below because I realized last night I didn't factor in the hardware ) because he's a nice guy, enthusiastic about the stuff, willing to be the first to experiment with it and drive a long *** way to get it

Koke is getting the next one... He was going to get this one but this one matched the LT1 badge he already ordered so it freed me to order one with an orange 6 for Koke's orange car

They will both be first. They will be the first Camaro and the first Trans-Am
Old 05-17-2009, 06:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
It's the name of his business, It's just like putting SLP or something on your car.
not really, because some GM Cars came from SLP, with "SLP PACKAGES" Which is a factory option....not a made up package from someone else....
Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
not really, because some GM Cars came from SLP, with "SLP PACKAGES" Which is a factory option....not a made up package from someone else....
Damn dude, let it go...

I don't understand why this is such a big deal to you. It's his car, who give's a **** what he does to it or what badges he puts on it?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HITMANWS6 the badge looks great.

Thanks to 6LE and Muffinbuster my car looks great aswell. Even if some people who don't get it would give me crap for badging my car a WS9.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

made up package?

shut up and listen.

if 6LE is a made up package, so is SLP performance pack 1. and GMMG. and BLACK BIRD. and YEAR ONE. they all were pulled out of someones head. just like Mark pulled 6LE out. all these names came from business's.

and for the record the SLP cars that you speak of. is like a SVT ford. they kind of go hand and foot. slp had a contract with gm to do the firehawk and camaro ss.

so to put 6LE package in better thinking. it is just like a GMMG emblem. or a Black Bird emblem. for a select people that know. it means something.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

i think we have a troll on our hands
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes mark, i was the first to call you 6LE and told you about the 6LE package and explained to you the reference to the 1LE Camaros

now everyone calls you 6LE, your welcome

and everyone else who hates on hitman and his package is just jealous OF his package
Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe 6LE should start making custom saddles, so people could be more comfortable while they ride his sack. 6LE package is just as legit as any other package. It's his own parts that he is creating that no one else makes. Hitman, you're cool, but clean those damn badges lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Oh, and even a stock Z > a stock GTO, or any of the other non-corvette 6liters for that matter.. so I guess it would work either way
Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

this thread is funny, I wonder if a 6LE badge would make my car go faster.......
Old 05-17-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
i think we have a troll on our hands

I seen him frequent in the convertible section and has a stout camaro.

I guess hes just one of those **** people that wants everything to be oem/oem associated and everything else is blasphemy.

sorry for the
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Looks good man. Some people just simply don't understand the aftermarket, I'd just shrug it off as ignorance.

this thread is funny, I wonder if a 6LE badge would make my car go faster.......
I wouldn't, it may make your car look even faster and still run 11's.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I drove a vert, I would do everything possible to make up for it. So maybe your car really does need a badge.

You really need to leave this thread. You've stated your opinion, and no one cares if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: Pics of the first 6LE badge