Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Battle of the Hatches
Firebird Hatch
22.03%
Trans Am Hatch
77.97%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eX-DZ28
Also one question. Am I retarded or does your car only have T-tops in one pic?
Not only that, he has duals on each side in some pics and singles in others in the before AND has both versions in the after. Looks like this was fake.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
No hood. A hood cost too much and plus paint.

Also, I would NEVER do a WS6 hood AND the TA hatch. I do not want to clone a Trans Am.
I'm not saying make it a clone. You still have the V6 bumpers and W68 kit to distinguish you from a Trans Am, not to mention exhaust note and performance. I'm not even saying stick with the TA spoiler, but even a different hood can make a big difference in the car's looks.

Example:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=83525

But if you're not looking into getting a hood, I guess this is a moot point.

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
you really shouldnt do a hood (esp ws6) at all with a v6 anyways. thats going to be poser...
What about Formulas or TAs that put on a different hood? Are they posing?

Not only that, he has duals on each side in some pics and singles in others in the before AND has both versions in the after. Looks like this was fake.
T-top conversion and exhaust modifications...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

1) When I was stock I swapped to the LT1 Trans am tips because I couldn't stand the filthy stock tips. I liked the LT1 tips a lot although they were a bit small. Later on I got a whole new Magnaflow catback which came with ugly truck tips. I hated the truck tips so I later swapped to corsa clones.

2) I did a T-top conversion

3) The pics with the standard firebird hatch are 3 years old. The hardtop pics with the trans am hatch are about 2 weeks older before I did the conversion. I have had the Trans Am hatch for almost a year now.

How could it be fake when they all have the same plate. Also your whole "poser" comment is ridiculous. What about all the Z28's adding the SS hood and spoiler? Or the Formula's adding WS6 hoods and/or trans am hatches. Are they not considered "poser" because they have a V8 under the hood? You're such a tool.

And to pace, I would LOVE a Firehawk hood! Hood's are just too expensive with total cost including paint. I just wouldn't want a WS6 hood thats all I love the sleek look of the Firehawk hood.

Last edited by tmc2k1; 06-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

hi rise. No question or discussion
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

How could it be fake when they all have the same plate. Also your whole "poser" comment is ridiculous. What about all the Z28's adding the SS hood and spoiler? Or the Formula's adding WS6 hoods and/or trans am hatches. Are they not considered "poser" because they have a V8 under the hood? You're such a tool.
Those cars have the v8. Putting giant *** hood scoops on a v6 bird is poser, and theres no getting around that.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those cars have the v8. Putting giant *** hood scoops on a v6 bird is poser, and theres no getting around that.
It has nothing to do with posing and everything to do with making your car look better. His car would still look classy with a ram air hood, regardless of the engine underneath it.

It's people like you that are ruining the f-body scene and turning people away from wanting to contribute. If you don't like it, that's one thing, but going out of your way to post up and insinuate that he's posing because he doesn't adhere to your school of thought is asinine.

So, OP, you can't do anything that would make your car look better, simply because it doesn't have a v8.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
It has nothing to do with posing and everything to do with making your car look better. His car would still look classy with a ram air hood, regardless of the engine underneath it.

It's people like you that are ruining the f-body scene and turning people away from wanting to contribute. If you don't like it, that's one thing, but going out of your way to post up and insinuate that he's posing because he doesn't adhere to your school of thought is asinine.

So, OP, you can't do anything that would make your car look better, simply because it doesn't have a v8.
Exactly! He is making it sound like a Trans Am is some super special car because it has a V8. It is still a Firebird. Everyone adds hoods/spoilers etc to improve the overall look of their cars. Not to imitate another car. I HATE people like you with your idiotic mentality. I couldn't care less about owning a Trans Am.

In your mentality. Putting an SS hood on a Z28 is different than putting an SS hood on a V6. Neither cars are an SS, but because the Z28 has a V8 it is not posing.

Last edited by tmc2k1; 06-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

I honestly dont care what people do to their F-Bodys (Unless its deserving of the cheesy thread) as long as they take pride in it and are taking care of it. I give you respect for taking care of your TA, I give the OP respect as well. Do whatever you want to the cars, beauty is only a perception.

(some people have rly bad perception tho AM I RITE /sarcasm)
Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
I honestly dont care what people do to their F-Bodys (Unless its deserving of the cheesy thread) as long as they take pride in it and are taking care of it. I give you respect for taking care of your TA, I give the OP respect as well. Do whatever you want to the cars, beauty is only a perception.

(some people have rly bad perception tho AM I RITE /sarcasm)
What is your opinion on the hatch? You also have a W68 firebird so I value your opinion! Thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

t/a hatch looks better with the gfx
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Flaring Afro you have ignorance spilling out of every post. just stop. if he wants to do a hood, he can. who cares? there honestly aren't enough different hoods out there for anyone to say oh don't do this, unless of course it's that hideous 5" WS6 hood, if you get that you better be packin mack daddy cahones.

my car is a V6...well used to be and it was lowered and had wheels and a spoiler before a V8 was in it...who cares?

like i said man, keep it with the TA spoiler. also maybe look for a red aftermarket hood for sale or just lower it and put a nice set of ZR1s or what not on it if you're a little low on funds. we all know you can't do anything to these cars without $$$. lol
Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

you really shouldnt do a hood (esp ws6) at all with a v6 anyways. thats going to be poser...

And the Trans Am is a V8.. and has a Spoiler much different from that of a formula or firebird.

So that already makes it poserish.

I happen to dislike THE TA Hatch on firebirds for reasons I have already stated.

I LOVE my WS6 hood. I think it makes my car honestly.

your points are invalid.

TMC, thats a nice car man.. Get the hatch you want in the end. I like the look better with the original.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

stick with the before look
Old 06-09-2009, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

What is your opinion on the hatch? You also have a W68 firebird so I value your opinion! Thanks
Your PM box was full..

But yes I would definitely get a TA Hatch if I had the dough / found one with matching tint, high rise just looks way more badass, dont see why ya want to get rid of yours.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

you said you didnt want to clone a t/a..........but thats what you did minus the hood (p.s. i would put the heat extractor hood on and not a ws6)

the rear ground effect piece has a gap where you can see the formula bumper roll under, i didnt dig that, and the little pieces on the front bumper need to go all the way across, they look funny to me like front wings......

i like the car dont get me wrong, but it would look better with a t/a front bumper and rear bumper instead of an aftermarket remake.

i always liked the formulas for their stealthy look........you have taken the stealth away thats all
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
you said you didnt want to clone a t/a..........but thats what you did minus the hood (p.s. i would put the heat extractor hood on and not a ws6)

the rear ground effect piece has a gap where you can see the formula bumper roll under, i didnt dig that, and the little pieces on the front bumper need to go all the way across, they look funny to me like front wings......

i like the car dont get me wrong, but it would look better with a t/a front bumper and rear bumper instead of an aftermarket remake.

i always liked the formulas for their stealthy look........you have taken the stealth away thats all
The ground kit is not aftermarket. It is a rare factory option. I do not care whatsoever for the firebirds/formula's without this factory W68 option. The W68 kit adds SO much to the car. I would never add an "aftermarket kit" to the car. I would hate it if the front pieces went all the way around. I think that would look like ****. If I was cloning a Trans Am I would've removed the ground kit, added a TA front and rear bumper and the side skirts. I am hardly cloning a Trans Am by adding a hatch.

My car is a V6. There is nothing "stealthy" about a V6.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

The poll says 78ish% to 22ish%, in favor of the TA hatch...I think you have your answer, internet bad-assing aside

Quick Reply: Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?