Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Camaro Ground FX's
Keep em
48.48%
Ditch em
51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Love / Hate Relationship with Camaro GFX's.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love / Hate Relationship with Camaro GFX's.

About the only thing I truly like is the Front but that's a WingsWest piece. Overall I've been thinking of pulling them off the car..

Anyone know how much all that weighs? Anyhow, I look at the car sometimes and think the GroundFX's sorta squares off the look at the bottom.. Maybe it's just the RS Style Side pieces that really get on my nerves? They bulge out and if you look down the sides of the car you can see were GM has them Clamped underneath as it sorta pulls the plastic toward the body of the car and makes it look like little dips.

On the positive side, the car does look unique with them I suppose.. Maybe it would look to plain without??

If I sold them, I'd use the money to fill & Paint the little holes left by the kit.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think your car looks great. With 450hp i dont think you need to worry about that little bit of weight. It wouldnt way any more than 10-15lbs per piece, if that.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say keep em, theres not a lot of cars with the gfx and i think the stock kit with the rksport/ww front lip looks good.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't too sure about having ground effects when I bought my car. But now after having them, I love them.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
I wasn't too sure about having ground effects when I bought my car. But now after having them, I love them.

Here's a pic of what I predict my car would look like without the kit. Although this is an SS and I have a Z28. It's close enough w/Wheels and color being the same, etc...

Yeah, I'm probably just looking for my next appearence mod and not sure which direction to go..
Old 11-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I say keep em. They look pretty good. I've actually been thinking about going with that GFX setup a few times.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well thanks for all the feedback guys.. I bet keeping the GroundFX's and going with some better looking wheels would satisfy my Appearance Craving!

Old 11-11-2003, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep em, I love mine, and if you decide to get rid of them make sure you lower the car. Good Luck man.

WeS
Old 11-11-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep them. Maybe consider having them molded to the car for an extra cleaner look.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have ran into the same thoughts with my GFX. Keep them for sure. It makes the car so much more unique. NOt many have em so it stands out very nicely. I get nothing but compliments on mine.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Launching!

i think gfx can look really nice on f-bodys if kept clean. i molded mine. i want to get my hands on a set of vizage side skirts. i love the scoops. i have had no luck finding them seperate. do any of you know a place where i dont have to buy the whole kit? i hate the seam with screws in it that come up inside my door in my current setup.

Last edited by willis 00; 11-12-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2442445013

Heres your vizage side skirts. I have them on mine, they fit perfect and can be screwed to floor board for extra support. I think im the only one in richmond with them right now.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought those were part of the Xenon kit?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Launching!

hardmaro-THANKS man,where in richmond are you? its always cool to meet people around the way.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Highland Springs. I think i met you before or at least your car, at a car show, now that i looked at it. Its awesome. Where did you get your body work done at. I still need to get mine molded in and painted.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Launching!

one of my best friends is a bodyman. as far as i know only one other person on this site who has extensive custom bodymods. his screen name is whistler and i havent heard from him for a while. he has a targa top conversion its awesome!for some reason a lot of camaro owners dont mess with body mods to much,but there is nothing that sets your car apart more. i chose to go the clean route and not get to crazy. most of my body mods are real subtle and would pass up the untrained eye but really clean up the car. such as the keyholes, antenna and my favorite the rear fasica gm should have made it that way. if you are interested i could hook you up with my guy he does his work on the side after his day job as a bodyman. he does grade a+ work and doesnt like to rush. he does everything but the paint. if your interested you can pm me and i will give you more info.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ohh... My... God...

Old 11-14-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wheel's will make a difference -

I was going to pull the groundeffects off when I bought the car but decided to keep them and add the Wings West facia and grill.

No comment on the blue car

Tom
www.tbyrnemotorsports.com
Old 11-14-2003, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tom - Our cars could almost pass as Twins with the exception being wheels and Top. Nice!.

willis 00 - I think you did an excellent job with your car. Everything looks top notch and well balanced out. I agree with you about setting our car apart from the rest and that's what I've always strived to do within my means.. I guess I've just got to a point where I was curious going forward if the GroundFX's were adding to the Appearence or taking away from it. Yours definitley all flows smoothly and appears to be apart of the actual car where the Stock GFX's that I have look Tacked on.

Anyhow.. It's interesting to see the Poll is almost split down the middle on this topic.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Launching!

stalker- Thanks man.
your kit doesnt look tacked on at all. i love your front piece with the slit in the middle.your car looks really clean lowerd on the stock 10 spokes. i have the 10 spokes too and want to powercoat them black with drag radails for backups. i looked at your pics,never knew you had a SC, i bet you fool a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Love / Hate Relationship with Camaro GFX's.