Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a genius idea, let the people who screwed up your car fix it. They're lucky they didn't break the fenders, that ads up quick. Look's like you have documented all the damage, and he has assumed responsibility. Find a wheel repair place, get a quote from them, then find a body shop, get a quote from them, and then find out if he is going to pay or if he would rather his insurance pick it up.

EDIT
Actually the body shop could prolly fix the wheels for you, but they would know better than me so I would ask them.

Last edited by blertawho; 06-25-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt be able to keep my cool. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd take him to court on it, his guy damaged the rim and they will never be new. Even a qualified wheel repair shop will atest to the fact that certain finishings will never be the same. Pontiac G8 rims with the machine finishing are like that.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

I would go have a nice sit down with a lawyer, Get quotes to fix/repair the wheels from a few different places and if they cannot be fixed/repaired then price new wheels again. also get a few quotes to fix the fenders from a few different places.

Present your finidngs to the manager.

If he says no. Then I would go back to your lawyer and explain the story. This way you have legal documentation stating you did try to give him the chance to make things right and he wouldnt own up to his mistakes.

Remember Documentation. Cover your *** and you will come out on top. take lots of pictures and speak with a lawyer soon.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sykokilla

should I be suing these F&*^ers?
Not really worth it. As I've found out even if you get the judgment you want, they can appeal til the cows come home.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

small claims court...
Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
I would go have a nice sit down with a lawyer, Get quotes to fix/repair the wheels from a few different places and if they cannot be fixed/repaired then price new wheels again. also get a few quotes to fix the fenders from a few different places.

Present your finidngs to the manager.

If he says no. Then I would go back to your lawyer and explain the story. This way you have legal documentation stating you did try to give him the chance to make things right and he wouldnt own up to his mistakes.

Remember Documentation. Cover your *** and you will come out on top. take lots of pictures and speak with a lawyer soon.
the fee for a lawyer would cost more than the wheel. Truly you are best just trying to go back and see if they will pay to fix the wheel. If not then just never go back there again. Not much you can do.

Take days off from work to deal with a scratched wheel = not worth it.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have found out they can only appeal it 4 times. State court is the highest that it can be appealed for this matter. If it was me I would not let it slide. Either he replaced what was wrong or I would see him in court. And Screamin_99 is right, the more documentation you have - very indepth - the better off you will be in the situation. I would give him the chance and if it wasnt to how it was before he got a hold of it I would take him to small claims court.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3800RS
the fee for a lawyer would cost more than the wheel. Truly you are best just trying to go back and see if they will pay to fix the wheel. If not then just never go back there again. Not much you can do.

Take days off from work to deal with a scratched wheel = not worth it.
Well If its in my favor I wont have to pay anything. Which im pretty sure it will be. I mean its simple i went into the shop with freshly boxed wheels and came out with scratched and marred wheels.

I was laid off 3 months ago

Originally Posted by Jwright41
From what I have found out they can only appeal it 4 times. State court is the highest that it can be appealed for this matter. If it was me I would not let it slide. Either he replaced what was wrong or I would see him in court. And Screamin_99 is right, the more documentation you have - very indepth - the better off you will be in the situation. I would give him the chance and if it wasnt to how it was before he got a hold of it I would take him to small claims court.
I totally agree with you guys. i gave him a chance and have indepth documentation.

1.He offered to fix my fenders.(he's not touching my car ever again)

2.He also offered for a local body shop to try and buff it out and touch it up. So i went up to the shop but instead of going to that specific person he appointed me to (prolly a buddy of his) the shop I took it to a buddy of mine(THE OWNER OF THE SHOP) to get an UNBIASED look at if it could look like new again if they buffed it. he said"it wont look the same"

That being said I contacted an attorney whose name was given to me by my neighbor (Who had the same experience with the same tire place.) And he won got his wheels and didn't pay a cent.

Its a really crappy road i'm going down but I have: all my receipts,detailed and dated images. so i'm good confident. . . .*pic below is how the biggest gouge got on them*
Attached Thumbnails Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!-0624091457.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

If I read this right. ALL your wheels are messed up...

Some people are making it sound like it just one.

So its four times more worth it.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:58 AM
TECH Regular

im with the crowd of takin the wheels off and takin just them to the tire store to get new ones put on, i cant bare even letting someone else pull it onto an alignment rack which is why i have alignments done with me in the drivers seat, its a win win no one drives it and the alignment is more precise anyways.

i know how many auto school grads work at tire stores and oil change places its about 80 percent if they even make it out, i went to one of them the interesting thing is that almost all of the guys who worked at the tire stores while they were in school were always the best students but the oneswho work there after just plain suck and should be trusted with any vehicle

good luck with the wheel my buddies gto wheel just got beat up by discounttire and they fixed it and it looks better than the other three now
Old 06-26-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

When I had my tires replaced the first time around, the shop jacked the vehicle by the pinch welds. They were perfect before..
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28

About the "Do not jack here" why does my car have those little black blocks? What the hell are they for then?
The LT1's had those blocks there to protect the tab from being damaged like in this case. The LS1's didn't come with them, I've searched junkyards trying to find a set with no luck . Why GM didn't use them for 98-02 I have no idea?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

have him pay for a body shop of UR choice to fix it up
Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spy2520
you'd be surprised how many UTI/Lincoln Tech/Wyotech graduates work at tire shops. $30,000 for school only to make $20,000 a year...
:RANT ALERT:
holy $hit that's sooo true beside the redneck part, i graduated UTI Sacramento CRRT(auto body) had a 4.0 til graduation they promised they could find me a job within the first 6 months the best they came up with was Schucks auto supply. almost 3 years later and applying to over 50 different shops.. nothing.stupid economy

BACK TO THE THREAD
Originally Posted by Sykokilla

2.He also offered for a local body shop to try and buff it out and touch it up. So i went up to the shop but instead of going to that specific person he appointed me to (prolly a buddy of his) the shop I took it to a buddy of mine(THE OWNER OF THE SHOP) to get an UNBIASED look at if it could look like new again if they buffed it. he said"it wont look the same"

That being said I contacted an attorney whose name was given to me by my neighbor (Who had the same experience with the same tire place.) And he won got his wheels and didn't pay a cent.

Its a really crappy road i'm going down but I have: all my receipts,detailed and dated images. so i'm good confident. . . .*pic below is how the biggest gouge got on them*
dude in the world today you cant let anything slip. it might be a crappy road but theirs fresh pavement just around the next corner...you'll see most works out for the greater good.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Yeah Norway I hope your right.

Well went to the attorney my neighbor recommended and he turned me down. . . which was a big bummer.

B4 i go into the next thing I just wanna say im a big believer in fate.

So im driving home really considering just giving up and giving into his deal
I told myself this while I was listening to my Ipod on the way home "Alright Adam based on the lyrics of the next song will help you make a decision of what you should do"

So I click next on my Ipod and fate slapped me in the face! Slipknot - spit it out came on. And the opening lyrics were freaky considering my situation and what I just told myself.

"Since you never gave a damn in the first place
Maybe its time you had the tables turned
Cuz in the interest of all involved I got the problem solved
And the verdict is guilty...
"
Undeterred, I went and filled out some papers at the court house in a "general sessions office". You must pay $125 up front which I didn't have at the moment. . . told the lady i was a unemployed college student and couldn't afford it right now. . . she came back with this info.Luckily for the poor kids like me there is the "Paupers oath" which is basically a form you fill out stating you are in poverty and there is no charge if the judge signs it.

Well HE DID! court date is July 16th @ 9:00am
Hope this will be a win! wish me luck

Last edited by Sykokilla; 06-26-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: fate
Old 06-26-2009, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet! Good luck at court man! And if you have never been to court make sure you dress up all professional looking. Ive been to court many times and can't believe the way some people dress when they show up. It's embarrassing!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shitty deal!

Ask them who is their garage keepers liability insurance carrier. File a claim for whatever you get quoted to fix everything!!!
Go on your local craigslist & forums, post your story...try to inform the public about the "quality"...

Last edited by Unstang; 06-27-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Following your story.

You've already been suckered by this fool and his shop. The least that you can do at this point is to warn others of your predicament. Looks like this has probably happened to others at this shop. Hopefully this will deter others from being screwed by this guy.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Teching In

Hell yea!

******* pisses me off...... I have seen this car personally go thru its growing pains...

Seriously these wheels and tires were WAITING to be installed... for this to happen makes me want to drive there and punch that guy in the face.

Quick Reply: Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!