Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!

::UPDATE:: Got the car back today(8/28/2009) took a pic of where the the MAJOR gouge used to be. all in all im very pleased with the touchup. Fenders look good as well.::UPDATE::

Can someone PLZ give me a PM with a site that sells the lugs that fit this wheel. the tuner style or whatever you other kids with Ruff racing wheels use. I can't find them anywhere.

So i was sooo happy I got my new Ruff wheels and brand new tires for my 98 camaro.

Took them to a local shop and the rednecks broke off a stud trying to put them on and did this!

They are marred all four wheels lug holes darn it! I paid for them and this is not the look I wanted for my first drive out on the town.

Im going back tomorrow to bitch

P.S they flared out my fenders with the lift too

Last edited by Sykokilla; 08-28-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Horror is over
Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, that sucks big time, i would go back and raise hell.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

definitely go back and complain....and post pics of the whole ride
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure you complain about the fenders and the wheels. Even if you fix the fender tabs yourself they should pay you what a body shop will charge to fix em. Show them where it says "do not jack here" on the tabs and they should fold. I would be

I never, ever take my car to the "local tire guys". If I have to I'll pull the wheel off myself and take it to them in another car.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow that sucks. You better get em to buy you a new wheel and fire the jackass who did this.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah...a while ago, I took my car to the local gas station to have a flat fixed. Eff"n moron tried to jack the car up by the rocker panel; started to crack it when I yelled at him to stop! Now I only go to places I know they've worked on Camaros; specifically lowered ones. Sucks about your wheels! I'd make them buy you a new one(s). that's what their insurance is for. Your wheel obviously was not like that when you brought it in!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Yea its just one big blunder of a mess. I really hope this guy doesn't make me have to take his *** to court.

so I went outside real quick and took a shoty pic of the driver fender tab(passenger side is much worse)

Is it supposed to say !dont jack here! anywhere around there like JScamaro said?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I need a tire change, I remove the rims and take the wheels there. I dont trust these uneducated rednecks with my cars.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sykokilla
Yea its just one big blunder of a mess. I really hope this guy doesn't make me have to take his *** to court.

so I went outside real quick and took a shoty pic of the driver fender tab(passenger side is much worse)

Is it supposed to say !dont jack here! anywhere around there like JScamaro said?
Its possible it's faded over time or covered with road grime/dirt but mine definitely said "Do Not Jack Here".
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its pretty damn hard to break a stud off. hard to believe they wouldnt be careful with wheels that nice
Old 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JScamaro
Its possible it's faded over time or covered with road grime/dirt but mine definitely said "Do Not Jack Here".
Guess I'll be going under there with a toothbrush in a sec. this is how bad it is on passengers side.

thnx for all the support. I was bout to explode this morning.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Guess I'll be going under there with a toothbrush in a sec. this is how bad it is on passengers side.

I'd play nice at first and see if they will man up but if they BS through it then raise hell.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JScamaro
I'd play nice at first and see if they will man up but if they BS through it then raise hell.
K it says it! I scrubbed real quick with some water and a tooth brush and BAM! there were the words.
I'll try man it'll be hard.

thnx alot bro for telling me about that.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My foot would be wedge up that guys ***. I got pissed looking at that.

About the "Do not jack here" why does my car have those little black blocks? What the hell are they for then?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Holy crap I'd be takin a wrench to the dudes head if he did that to my car! Jackasses.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, bro I know all about this. I have 19" Iforged wheels all the way around and got home from a very well known tire company to see the face of my wheel front wheel nicked up. I went back in the car and ASKED for the manager. You have to be cool as to raising hell at the very begining would give you nothing to "build" to. I showed him where his technician let the tire machine hit the face of my wheel. He started with "naw that cant be from a tire machine." As soon as he did that, it was time to turn it up a notch. I told him to look at my car. Look at my other wheels. I emphasized how meticulous it's taken care of and this would not stand nor would calling me a liar. From there things started going my way. Still took an hour though before I got it agreed upon to buy a new wheel for me. And then they wanted to keep my other wheel! I was like, "Hell no. That wasn't what we agreed upon." They're slimy and they're gonna fight that way. Keep your head straight and concise with the point.
~Austin
Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Austin Auflick
Yeah, bro I know all about this. I have 19" Iforged wheels all the way around and got home from a very well known tire company to see the face of my wheel front wheel nicked up. I went back in the car and ASKED for the manager. You have to be cool as to raising hell at the very begining would give you nothing to "build" to. I showed him where his technician let the tire machine hit the face of my wheel. He started with "naw that cant be from a tire machine." As soon as he did that, it was time to turn it up a notch. I told him to look at my car. Look at my other wheels. I emphasized how meticulous it's taken care of and this would not stand nor would calling me a liar. From there things started going my way. Still took an hour though before I got it agreed upon to buy a new wheel for me. And then they wanted to keep my other wheel! I was like, "Hell no. That wasn't what we agreed upon." They're slimy and they're gonna fight that way. Keep your head straight and concise with the point.
~Austin
slimy, that's the perfect word to use for these people. Well the wheels went into the shop in the boxes brand new and came out of the shop looking like that. I'm going up there now. . . .may god have mercy on his soul. I'll hit you guys with and update.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Everytime I need a tire change, I remove the rims and take the wheels there. I dont trust these uneducated rednecks with my cars.
you'd be surprised how many UTI/Lincoln Tech/Wyotech redneck graduates work at tire shops. $30,000 for school only to make $20,000 a year...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn that sucks!! I would go raise some hell!! I had problems with a tire place too... First of all they put my tires all on the same way even though the damn things are directional, and second then chewed the lip of them all up tryin to put the tires on.. Well I took them back and bitched and they fixed the rims for free and paid for someone else to put the tires on right..
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Well got back from speaking with Quality tire and service (just ssaying quality in that name makes me cringe.

I got him to say these words "I really wish i didnt do this job" HAHA too late now jackass

So i said "Phil, my car came in looking descent. It's not the prettiest thing but it is mine its my baby. I've had shitty experiences with other places but im not gonna name anyone out. I see "Quality Tire and Service" and the closest i come to quality is bent fenders a squeaking sound in my front left tire,and marred up brand new wheels??. . . PLEASE!"

"There is no way I'm gonna replace the wheels" was his response.

He said it can be buffed out. I'm gonna go over to the shop he recommended and talk with a friend that works there and see if he thinks it can be done, rather then going to the guy he told me to go to.

OK so if they do buff them out then what? paint them and it peel 2 months down the road. Are these wheels powder coated or painted?

He said he would fix the fenders and i said "I don't trust you anymore."

should I be suing these F&*^ers?

Quick Reply: Local tire shop KILLED my Ruffs!