Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Limo and 35% FTW.

Here's a shot of mine. Still need to have the t-tops redone in limo
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^ car looks beutiful man. i honestly think that a T/A with a drop and a nice set if rims looks better with the sleek beek than the Ws6 hood. i ONLY like ws6 hoods if there is some type of stripe involved, blackbyrd or like mine. everytime i see a nice car like yours it makes me want to go put the stock hood back on.

ohh and the tint looks great too. cant wait to do my windshield
Old 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, at all the people saying you cant see out of 35%. I have had mine done for 3 years and my wifes for over a year and i have no problems out of it and i drive it at night all the time..its my DD. Keep in mind i also need glasses/contacts but refuse to get them....
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What do you guys do about the state required stickers (inspection and registration)? In Texas they have to go on the lower driver corner of the windshield and getting new ones would trash the tint, wouldn't it? I know if an enthusiast was removing and applying the new stickers they would go on right, but not most inspection techs, especially the kind that would pass a car with a tinted windshield.....

Last edited by slow96z; 01-15-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thislswon
lol, at all the people saying you cant see out of 35%. I have had mine done for 3 years and my wifes for over a year and i have no problems out of it and i drive it at night all the time..its my DD. Keep in mind i also need glasses/contacts but refuse to get them....
Who said that you can't see out of 35%?? if you have 35% all around that's not bad. it is hard to see out of a 5% hatch though, ask anyone who's ever tried to back into somehwere at night. I'm sure everyone knows the drill of rolling down the windows so you can actually see something back there.

and you can get accustomed to almost anything, that doesnt mean its not bad. the time you notices how dark your own tint is, is when you drive another car with light, or no tint, and then you realize how little you can actually see out of your own,
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slow96z
What do you guys do about the state required stickers (inspection and registration)? In Texas they have to go on the lower driver corner of the windshield and getting new ones would trash the tint, wouldn't it? I know if an enthusiast was removing and applying the new stickers they would go on right, but not most inspection techs, especially the kind that would pass a car with a tinted windshield.....
I think they may leave a little room around the sticker to remove and reapply them. I'm not sure though.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Who said that you can't see out of 35%?? if you have 35% all around that's not bad. it is hard to see out of a 5% hatch though, ask anyone who's ever tried to back into somehwere at night. I'm sure everyone knows the drill of rolling down the windows so you can actually see something back there.
Very true, this is also why I'm happy they messed up and I got 35%. I thought 20% was kind of a bitch to see out the back, my friends had 5%, it sucked.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^ car looks beutiful man. i honestly think that a T/A with a drop and a nice set if rims looks better with the sleek beek than the Ws6 hood. i ONLY like ws6 hoods if there is some type of stripe involved, blackbyrd or like mine. everytime i see a nice car like yours it makes me want to go put the stock hood back on.

ohh and the tint looks great too. cant wait to do my windshield
Thanks man. First month or so I had the car I desperately wanted a ram air hood, but I'm so glad I didn't. Every T/A around me has a ram air hood. The drop is what really made me fall in love with my car all over again.

I honestly hate driving any vehicle with out the front windshield done now. I still need to get my truck's done.

Quick Reply: Windshield Tint