Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Halo Kit for Stock Camaro headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks Good!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad *** idea....bet u make allot off that idea
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
So, I LOVE the way Halos (the ring itself) look but personally HATE every aftermarket headlight out there for 1998-2002 Camaros.

I LOVED having Halos on my car because I had them come one with the nitrous was on so the car looked posessed

I COULDN'T STAND the way they looked though (flush mount almost) and LOVE LOVE LOVE the way stock headlights look when the lenses are clean and the headlights have full Whistler mod (the way I have them now)

However, when the 2010 Camaro came out and the RS Package had Halos something inside of me wouldn't rest until I figured out a solution... So I did

I am making a kit so you can add Halo rings to your stock headlights. I just started it today but here's the prototype pics...

Looks pink in pics but red in person (I'll offer many different colors). Original plan was just the one but I'm thinking one over each light might look cool as well.

This is all I had time for right now but later I will Whistler mod the headlight and take more pics...

MAJOR THANKS GOES OUT TO ROCNDAV as these are his headlights that he let me have FOR FREE to play with

The finished product will mount with a stainless steel bracket so that it will be invisible against the chrome (those who Whistler mod their lights can paint just the bottom of the bracket as well keeping the top stainless to match the back of the bucket that stays chrome) .

Thoughts so far?
Wow! That looks bad ***. I will seriously consider getting a set. Very cool, nice job.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whistler modded the headlight and took some more pics... I kept forgetting to turn the halo so that the gap was at 1-2o'clock to give it a menacing look like this...

Anyways, here's the pics...

Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Whisper Moded Lights look much better!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really like that Mark!!! hmmm
Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

I'm trying to find a ring without the tabs but it looks like only the CFLs (or whatever they are) come like that and they only come white

Oh well, tabs are probably better. I was going to do a ring without and mount it with 3M tape but the heat would probably kill that eventually...
Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not try to dremel down the tabs? You can easily smooth those out, would look 100x's better.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lookin good man...can't wait to see it on the actual car.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SOMSS1LE
Why not try to dremel down the tabs? You can easily smooth those out, would look 100x's better.
Worst case scenario I will. These just feel cheap to me and I want something better but haven't found anything yet...

I might end up making my own halo rings (not as hard as it sounds) but the time involved negates finding ones already produced...
Old 07-17-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i would totally buy these...... how do they wire up is it just a power and a ground??? I'm not a huge fan of all 4...... but halos on the low beams on a "whistler" modded headlight looks like sex.......... i need a napkin now
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blacked_Out_SS
i would totally buy these...... how do they wire up is it just a power and a ground??? I'm not a huge fan of all 4...... but halos on the low beams on a "whistler" modded headlight looks like sex.......... i need a napkin now
Yeah, I'm definitely only putting one on my own car...

I need someone who knows more about these Halos to chime it on what to sell with the kit. The ones I have feel like cheap crap... maybe they all feel this way?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VIP1
Aren't those just the ccfl ring from a $10 PC fan?

Any recommendation on where to get a higher quality, red, halo? I really don't like the boxes (transformers or whatever they are) these come with, feels like a toy...
Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well since the ones you have been tryin are cold cathode rings they are all gonna come with that box thing because thats like you said the transformer.. The only way you can not have that is to have LED halo rights, and then those wont be as bright...

But I like the idea but I was thinkin how hot do you think those rings could get before they start to melt? I wonder if they are even safe to put that close to the light..
Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, all of those Halo rings are the same. I doubt there is anything out there that is better quality.. The problem I see with those is burning out. If they burn out you'd have to take apart your headlight just to replace them. I say that because those things burn out all the time in PC's on a pretty regular bases so I am not sure how reliable they are going to be. You may need to do a long term test before offering anything, maybe run them for a month and see how it holds up.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SOMSS1LE
yep, all of those Halo rings are the same. I doubt there is anything out there that is better quality.. The problem I see with those is burning out. If they burn out you'd have to take apart your headlight just to replace them. I say that because those things burn out all the time in PC's on a pretty regular bases so I am not sure how reliable they are going to be. You may need to do a long term test before offering anything, maybe run them for a month and see how it holds up.
I didn't think they would be able to burn out since they are a gas like neon.. They can break extremely easy...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FamousZ
I didn't think they would be able to burn out since they are a gas like neon.. They can break extremely easy...
They do die or at least stop working all the time in computers.. I've got a lot of PC's around here with them, and a few are burned out. The heat from the headlamps may be an issue as well as you stated.. I think a daily driven month test would give you some results.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

good more lights for the ls1 cars.

but none for me
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FamousZ
Well since the ones you have been tryin are cold cathode rings they are all gonna come with that box thing because thats like you said the transformer.. The only way you can not have that is to have LED halo rights, and then those wont be as bright...

But I like the idea but I was thinkin how hot do you think those rings could get before they start to melt? I wonder if they are even safe to put that close to the light..
I didn't mean get rid of it entirely, just meant have a higher quality one. This one feels like the voicebox out of a cheap kid's toy.

I really would like to just get my hands on the Halo rings and the box used in either Camaro Halos (I know, LED) or Camaro Projectors (cathode, no red though ).

Any clue on finding those? Man this will be such a PITA if I have to revert to making them. There is a video on Youtube but it would take like an hour a set...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribing to watch status. One on each light with the whistler mod looks sick. If you offer a set of two halos and two bracket kits for a decent price, I would be interested. Wiring these up is nothing. However I agree that you should run a month long test on them, because if they burn out soon after using them, it will be a PITA to R&R.

Quick Reply: New Halo Kit for Stock Camaro headlights...