Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Got my WS9 hood need advise.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my WS9 hood need advise.

OK I got my WS9 Outlaw hood from VFN last week. My car is Pewter and the hood came with stainless steel grill inserts and heat extractors and im not sure if I should leave them or paint them black? I am planning on doing blackbird stripes with it as well. I am leaning towards painting them black so far......... Any pics will help.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say paint them matt black
Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Ok I dropped it off friday at the "beauty shop" and I decided to paint them black. Also they are going to use a hole saw to make the heat extractors functional and also to prevent water from puddeling in there. They are also gonna drill some small holes in the back underneath on the corners so water can drain from there as well. I also have them doing the CETA mod to the rear bumper in a matt black finish. Should be done this Friday hopefully!

I Had black grandsport stripes that they are taking off because there painting the whole front clip so everything matches up nice. And Im thinking of putting some black bird stripes on it.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
Ok I dropped it off friday at the "beauty shop" and I decided to paint them black. Also they are going to use a hole saw to make the heat extractors functional and also to prevent water from puddeling in there. They are also gonna drill some small holes in the back underneath on the corners so water can drain from there as well. I also have them doing the CETA mod to the rear bumper in a matt black finish. Should be done this Friday hopefully!

I Had black grandsport stripes that they are taking off because there painting the whole front clip so everything matches up nice. And Im thinking of putting some black bird stripes on it.
Are they not open already or something? Im curious cuz im waiting to get my vfn ws9 bolt on hood here in the next week or so. WHen i was inquiring about it..they said the extractors were functional.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Ws6TransAm
Are they not open already or something? Im curious cuz im waiting to get my vfn ws9 bolt on hood here in the next week or so. WHen i was inquiring about it..they said the extractors were functional.
The ram air part is opend, but not the extractors. They may have been refuring to the ram air part. I just assumed they were opend and was disapointed that they werent. Not a big deal though, they are gonna use a 2 inch hole saw to open it up and drill some drain holes.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The ram air part is opend, but not the extractors. They may have been refuring to the ram air part. I just assumed they were opend and was disapointed that they werent. Not a big deal though, they are gonna use a 2 inch hole saw to open it up and drill some drain holes.
Really? Thats odd...im waiting to get my vfn ws9 outlaw hood at the moment. I spoke with jeanie (vfntech) about the hood. I was told the rear extractors are opened up and screened and are fully functional. Is yours the "bolt on" style or "pin on"?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

wow my WS9 (US Exotics) the heat extractors are fully functional
Old 07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Really? Thats odd...im waiting to get my vfn ws9 outlaw hood at the moment. I spoke with jeanie (vfntech) about the hood. I was told the rear extractors are opened up and screened and are fully functional. Is yours the "bolt on" style or "pin on"?
It is the bolt on style. The extractors are open on the top with the screen but does not go all the way through under the hood so there opening it up for me.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
Same here. And go with black for the grilles in the front and the extractor vents. I have some pics of my pewter TA with the black if you want to see
Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Can we get a pic of the hood as it is now?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is the bolt on style. The extractors are open on the top with the screen but does not go all the way through under the hood so there opening it up for me.
ahh i think i see what your saying now. Thats so they are functional. It sucks air in threw and back out the other side. Its a fully functional design. Good to hear your getting what you want though. Im gonna leave my functional when i get it.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
Are yours all the way through? As in you can look right threw them? I think thats what hes talking about. Hes gonna have them open them up on the underside of the hood. I know roger worked with VFN for the ws9 hood..so it should be pretty much the same design.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Are yours all the way through? As in you can look right threw them? I think thats what hes talking about. Hes gonna have them open them up on the underside of the hood. I know roger worked with VFN for the ws9 hood..so it should be pretty much the same design.
Yes now you get it! They are opend but mine are going all the way through the hood. And its exactly the same as the US exotics hood.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
Same here. And go with black for the grilles in the front and the extractor vents. I have some pics of my pewter TA with the black if you want to see
I did end up going black with all the grills and I would LOVE to see pictures of your beautifull car! I just checked you FQuick but I didnt see any WS9 hood pics .
Old 07-23-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes now you get it! They are opend but mine are going all the way through the hood. And its exactly the same as the US exotics hood.
Gotcha! Im gonna leave mine just how they are. Its not daily driven so im not worried about rain and what not. How long did it take to get your hood?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Gotcha! Im gonna leave mine just how they are. Its not daily driven so im not worried about rain and what not. How long did it take to get your hood?
I would reccomend putting at least a smal drain hole underneath and at the back of the hood because when you wash it water will sit in there and the way it looks if you open the hood it will slosh to the back part. It only took a week and a half. Great people there.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would reccomend putting at least a smal drain hole underneath and at the back of the hood because when you wash it water will sit in there and the way it looks if you open the hood it will slosh to the back part. It only took a week and a half. Great people there.
hmm..i figured by now somebody woulda made a post about water in the hood. I'll see what happens when i wash it before i drill anything. Dang..got yours fast!!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Launching!

can u post a picture on the holes they had to drill thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by spydog
can u post a picture on the holes they had to drill thanks
Its still at the body shop or I would.....
Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Launching!

when i get it back can u post some pic i got money in hand and want to buy a ws9 hood so if u could post pics of the hood both sides and whar they drilled that would be great thanks

Quick Reply: Got my WS9 hood need advise.