Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

anyone put in an aftermarket steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone put in an aftermarket steering wheel

has anyone here put an aftermarket (Grant, etc.) in their '98-up Camaro? if so, are there anything special adapters that were needed to replace the factory steering wheel? post pics if you have any of your set up or send me a PM if needed. reason i am asking is that my steering wheel is junk and i would rather put in an aftermarket one to replace it and this car is going to see limited street use anyway so i don't want the original air bag style back in it, but i do not want a "race only" quick-disconnect style either. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Teching In

maybe it's not an option to put one in without doing the "quick-release" style with the weld-on hub. i would have thought for sure someone would have put an aftermarket style steering wheel in by now, but it's possible it's not an option. if anyone knows of someone that has even tried post it up with the outcome. Thanks!QUOTE=dragracer5372;12363017]has anyone here put an aftermarket (Grant, etc.) in their '98-up Camaro? if so, are there anything special adapters that were needed to replace the factory steering wheel? post pics if you have any of your set up or send me a PM if needed. reason i am asking is that my steering wheel is junk and i would rather put in an aftermarket one to replace it and this car is going to see limited street use anyway so i don't want the original air bag style back in it, but i do not want a "race only" quick-disconnect style either. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done it. Here's a couple links to threads dealing with this.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ng-wheels.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-legality.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ng-wheels.html
Old 10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Teching In

that is exactly what i was looking for......Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/seats...l_adapters.htm

Sparco or Momo hub adaptors

this is now high on my "to do" list
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up momoteering wheel

Originally Posted by dragracer5372
maybe it's not an option to put one in without doing the "quick-release" style with the weld-on hub. i would have thought for sure someone would have put an aftermarket style steering wheel in by now, but it's possible it's not an option. if anyone knows of someone that has even tried post it up with the outcome. Thanks!QUOTE=dragracer5372;12363017]has anyone here put an aftermarket (Grant, etc.) in their '98-up Camaro? if so, are there anything special adapters that were needed to replace the factory steering wheel? post pics if you have any of your set up or send me a PM if needed. reason i am asking is that my steering wheel is junk and i would rather put in an aftermarket one to replace it and this car is going to see limited street use anyway so i don't want the original air bag style back in it, but i do not want a "race only" quick-disconnect style either. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
[/QUOTE]

go to youtube type in camaross333 ,see my 2002 camaro ss new wheel
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Grant wheel with grant 3196 adapter

Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Heres my Momo, sorry I didnt have a better pic around.
Attached Thumbnails anyone put in an aftermarket steering wheel-rtrtrertrrete-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: anyone put in an aftermarket steering wheel