Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

HornBlasters Setup In My TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default HornBlasters Setup In My TBSS

First off, I have to thank my buddy Jon (LS3S10) for doing the fabrication on for the compressor and for letting me use his lift. It was a life saver having the ability to do use it, especially after cervical fusion on 1 level of my neck 8 weeks ago.

I'm sorry for the bad camera phone pics, but I forgot my digital camera at home... Hopefully you can tell what's going on though. The tank/compressor is inside the driver's side rear bumper and the 3 smaller horns are in front of the gas tank with the longest one outside the frame rail. The compressor and tank are secure as a **** bolted to the frame. Yeah I know the horns look kinda crappy there, but they're secure and there's literally no other place for them.

On a side note, if someone else wants a compressor/tank bracket like mine, my buddy said he'd make a duplicate if you're interested.. Just bolt the compressor to it and it to the frame and you're good as gold. He said it's possible to do on a f-body in the driver's side cubby hole for the compressor so hit him or me up if you're thinking of doing it.

I put a on/off switch on them... off then the normal horn, on and both train horn and normal horn works....both controlled through the steering wheel horn button.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

VIDEOS (don't do them justice, but more vids to follow)

Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha talk about throwin people off
Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

It keeps people pissed at me, lol I'm actually scared to use it around people like they do on their videos, scared of running people off the road and them finding my SS later
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been wanting to put those on my DD for years!!! I'd end up with a ton of enemies.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL dude there's a truck around here with them.. We were walking into Mcdonalds which is a good 100 feet off from the main road.. this guy hit the horns, and we all nearly **** ourselves.

You're gonna have some fun with those.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a set on my Lincoln Mark LT before I got my F350 (back before anybody had these) and I swear I had more fun with those than any other single mod EVER on anything. I have got to get a set for this knew truck...I just dont know where I would mount them. There was room under the front end of the Mark LT because it was a 2wd...with the Power Stroke and being a 4wd there isnt enough room for ANYTHING on this new truck. I am thinking of dropping the spare tire and putting them there but I dont know how I would like them at the back...but I think thats my only choice.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I gotta be VERY careful when I honk them... It's amazing how loud they are. It's great when I park the car in a parking lot and walking away. I can honk them from the remote and no one knows.

BTW, the tank and compressor would fit in the driver's side cubby hole on an fbody. Ouside from having the compressor inside the car, it's feasible to do it. I wish I'd thought about it when I had the hawk!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Video!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a few up there, but nothing worthwhile. I need to find an empty parking lot to get some good video still though.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy *****, people are going to be wondering when the train tracks got rerouted down their street
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is is sad I live pretty close to the train tracks too??? Comes in handy at night on the road parallel to the tracks.

Surprising enough all my neighbors actually like the horns. It's funny, their kids will be outside and I'll look over driving down the road and see them do the "18 wheeler arm motion" for me to honk, lol!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Is is sad I live pretty close to the train tracks too??? Comes in handy at night on the road parallel to the tracks.

Surprising enough all my neighbors actually like the horns. It's funny, their kids will be outside and I'll look over driving down the road and see them do the "18 wheeler arm motion" for me to honk, lol!
That's badass haha. I would definitely jump is someone rolled up next to me and hit those horns.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would too.. Not sure if I'd be mad or not, guess it depends how close. One thing I think would work but haven't done is when in traffic, roll down your windows and hit it...when you do look around like everyone else is doing to keep from looking suspecious.. But don't know if I could do that without laughing.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
I would too.. Not sure if I'd be mad or not, guess it depends how close. One thing I think would work but haven't done is when in traffic, roll down your windows and hit it...when you do look around like everyone else is doing to keep from looking suspecious.. But don't know if I could do that without laughing.
No way I could do that, I'd be poundin on the steering wheel laughing hysterically!