Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Let's see F-bodies lowered with Sam Strano Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have Strano springs and Bilstein HD shocks? I'd really like to see and hear what ppl have to say about those.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by egott_91
Does anyone have Strano springs and Bilstein HD shocks? I'd really like to see and hear what ppl have to say about those.
I have them. Not a fan at all. I don't know if maybe I'm too sensitive but I feel EVERYTHING with these shocks. I should've saved up for Konis. I thought since they were a little more expensive and a brand well known they'd be good but I was wrong. Maybe other people have them and have had better experiences with them though.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2cam
I have them. Not a fan at all. I don't know if maybe I'm too sensitive but I feel EVERYTHING with these shocks. I should've saved up for Konis. I thought since they were a little more expensive and a brand well known they'd be good but I was wrong. Maybe other people have them and have had better experiences with them though.
That's really surprising. I've always heard that the Konis are more stiff/rigid than the Bilsteins causing you to feel more with them. Maybe its your springs? Might consider going back to a stock spring.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Photochop
That's really surprising. I've always heard that the Konis are more stiff/rigid than the Bilsteins causing you to feel more with them. Maybe its your springs? Might consider going back to a stock spring.
Don't really want to go back to the stock spring. I love my Stranos. I'll just complain about the way it rides but keep my springs.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Collin, are you sure you don't have the SLP tuned Bilsteins? My dads 96 Z28/SS has those from the factory and it rides super rough. On the other hand, my step-dad has the Bilstein HDs on his 97 SS and it rides smoother than my dads 96 and my 98 SS which is stock springs/shocks.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have neither the HD or the SLP and I cant complain for the price. The bilsteins are far better than my stock shocks where. I had some noises every time I hit a bump with the stock shocks that disappeared when the bilsteins went on.

Quick Reply: Let's see F-bodies lowered with Sam Strano Springs