Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

faux CF thread?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010 | 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I tried to get it wrapped around a TA stereo surround trim, but what's the trick to getting it around the curved edges? Just heat and stretching?
Old 02-12-2010 | 06:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Qcon
I tried to get it wrapped around a TA stereo surround trim, but what's the trick to getting it around the curved edges? Just heat and stretching?
Yep, heat, stretching & patience.
Old 02-12-2010 | 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Watch out when you are heating and stretching, you will pull the texture out of it.
Old 02-12-2010 | 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ eh....don't say that.. you guys are making it seem like its difficult to use. It's extremely easy and with patience you can do it. Don't worry about ruining the texture or **** like that. It's soo easy to use.
Old 02-12-2010 | 12:36 PM
On The Tree

hahaha, sorry...yeah, it is pretty easy...i just didn't want anyone to waste a piece. It doesn't take but a couple passes of the heat to relax the material.
Old 02-12-2010 | 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

The shop i ordered my stuff also selling other DI-NOC like
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap CARBON
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap LEATHER (black, dk brown ,red)
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap WOOD .
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap METAL (brushed aluminium)

Wonder how the brushed aluminium would look like?

Anyone tried some other then CF?
Old 02-12-2010 | 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vikingramair
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap CARBON
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap WOOD .

I'm looking into stocking Di-noc to compliment our leather interior kit we currently offer. They have over 600 different finishes but a lot of them can only be used on flat surfaces. I'm still trying to put together a list...
Old 02-12-2010 | 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ I wouldn't even bother.. this stuff is going to die out soon. I really don't think a lot of ppl are going to invest into this.
Old 02-12-2010 | 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
^^ I wouldn't even bother.. this stuff is going to die out soon. I really don't think a lot of ppl are going to invest into this.
I'm not stocking it just to resell I'd be offering the wrapping service at my shop for local customers. There's a lot of custom cars being built all the time around here. People have been wrapping things for years, it's personal preference, either you like it or you don't.
Old 02-12-2010 | 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm just saying if you think you're going to make money off this forum for dinoc material it's not gonna work. the demand isn't that high.
Old 02-12-2010 | 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

i'm just saying if you think you're going to make money off this forum for dinoc material it's not gonna work. the demand isn't that high.
I understand what you're saying. I don't make much from this forum off the leather interior kits we sell either. I'm lucky I have an actual shop so I don't have to depend on one venue for sales. Thanks for your insight though.
Old 02-12-2010 | 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem just looking out for the sponsors.
Old 02-12-2010 | 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vikingramair
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap CARBON
DI-NOC Vinyl Wrap WOOD .

Look back thru the previous posts, i posted some wood and brushed alum. I don't have any pics of the leather stuff on anything, but we have put it on a few things.
Old 02-13-2010 | 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ eh....don't say that.. you guys are making it seem like its difficult to use. It's extremely easy and with patience you can do it. Don't worry about ruining the texture or **** like that. It's soo easy to use.
you're an opinionated little ****** aren't you?

on a side note, I wrapped my window switch panels, radio trim and nitrous bottle in neffy wrap. switch panels were very easy, radio trim was a little more tricky with the sharp corners, and the nitrous bottle was very difficult with all its curvature. as mentioned above heat helps a lot, but too much will take the texture out of it.

i'll post pictures when i get home
Old 02-13-2010 | 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mattl31
you're an opinionated little ****** aren't you?

on a side note, I wrapped my window switch panels, radio trim and nitrous bottle in neffy wrap. switch panels were very easy, radio trim was a little more tricky with the sharp corners, and the nitrous bottle was very difficult with all its curvature. as mentioned above heat helps a lot, but too much will take the texture out of it.

i'll post pictures when i get home
he's from the jersey shore...shouldn't that be enough of an explanation? He should be rocking my car....

Someone obviously hasn't learned that if a product is popular, trendy, and quality that it will last, it's up to the manufacturer and retail outlets to continue to make it look cool with the ever changing trends in the automotive industry.
Old 02-13-2010 | 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urock NO IROC88
he's from the jersey shore...shouldn't that be enough of an explanation? He should be rocking my car....

Someone obviously hasn't learned that if a product is popular, trendy, and quality that it will last, it's up to the manufacturer and retail outlets to continue to make it look cool with the ever changing trends in the automotive industry.
quoted for truth.

steve at SPECIALIZED STAINLESS runs a class act business with good products. i dont think he needs to be taking advice from a teenager.
Old 02-13-2010 | 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Well i decided to give it a try also got a 1 sqft to try on small thinks started with my phone still have to finish it (I need to get a small torx to get the front cover off) but here it is right now. I like this stuff.

Old 02-13-2010 | 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ That looks awesome. I like it.
Old 02-13-2010 | 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered a yard of Neffywrap. Going to try it out on a few things first, and if I like it I'll wrap some parts and post the pictures. I am still not sure what all I want to wrap, but I'm thinking door handle pockets, switch covers, and radio bezel then see how it looks.

I don't consider this product comparable to hydro-dipping. To me they are nothing alike, I just prefer the dry carbon fiber look.
Old 02-13-2010 | 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urock NO IROC88

+ A lot. The internet is probably his place to pretend he's a badass. This 3M **** is awesome. Just got mine and plan on wrapping everything. Especially condoms

Quick Reply: faux CF thread?