Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

faux CF thread?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I did my lg dare along time ago. came out nice.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ec_nova
+ A lot. The internet is probably his place to pretend he's a badass. This 3M **** is awesome. Just got mine and plan on wrapping everything. Especially condoms
That's a situation right there.

After messing around with both materials I'd have to say each has their own advantages and disadvantages and it's hard to say which one i like more.

Let me know how the condom wrapping goes. I may have to try that.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

What on earth are you guys saying?! All I said was that you guys shouldn't try to make it seem like its that difficult so that others, meaning newbies, can give it a try. I've used it, there for I have the right to give my opinion on this stuff. It was easy and as long as you have patience you can wrap up pretty much anything with a solid non-textured surface. I have no ******* clue why you tards are jumping down my throat. and yes, I said I don't think specialized stainless should sell this stuff,.... you guys are fawkin' stupid!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some neffywrap on the way, aside from a good cleaning what else needs to be done to the pieces to prep them for wrap? It seems like the parts (radio bezel, upper console, window switch covers) have a textured finish that would affect how it lays down? Or maybe not that big a deal? I've done vinyl wrap on the outside of my work trucks, so I feel confident in using it, but that was a smooth painted surface.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

LoL, well I'm all for sponsers selling it. I'd rather pay an extra few bucks if from sponsers
who support our community and bring new things to an otherwise dieing breed of autos then buy it from some guy who cares nothing about us proud passions. I ordered sample a few months ago to see about wraping my bike.. I'm still deployed tho ;( .... Let us know if u start selling it SS Ill buy some for my bike truck and cars
Old 02-14-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i just did a light scuff with some 200 grit sandpaper (i have duplicates of the parts) and then wiped them down with alcohol. then just sprayed a nice even coat of adhesive on the plastic, let it tack up and stretched the neffy.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres my bottle: didnt turn out perfect but the curved top was pretty hard to get right. theres actually 3 pieces total.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattl31
heres my bottle: didnt turn out perfect but the curved top was pretty hard to get right. theres actually 3 pieces total.

That looks pretty sex Matt. Can't really tell its not a carbon fiber bottle if it wasn't for the different angled patterns.

Last edited by Gordo78; 02-15-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
What on earth are you guys saying?! All I said was that you guys shouldn't try to make it seem like its that difficult so that others, meaning newbies, can give it a try. I've used it, there for I have the right to give my opinion on this stuff. It was easy and as long as you have patience you can wrap up pretty much anything with a solid non-textured surface. I have no ******* clue why you tards are jumping down my throat. and yes, I said I don't think specialized stainless should sell this stuff,.... you guys are fawkin' stupid!!!
so let me get this straight... since you have used the product, that gives you the right to tell a sponsor whether or not they should sell it? I've used it, and I think it would be nice to buy it from a sponsor vs some random company. And who are you exactly?? From the posts of yours that I read I'm pretty sure you don't fall into the demographic they(or anybody who doesn't sell spray-on tan products or hair gel) is after.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ haha ur funny. let me get this straight.... you've been on this board for 5 yrs and 2% of your posts so far have been devoted to ragging on another member on this forum...ur doing wonders for this community =]. I know this is your first time moderating a thread, so in case you didn't know I have private messaging, if you would like to contact me for further questioning on behalf of my posts towards a sponsor please do so via email. btw sweet auto catfish
Old 02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ haha ur funny. let me get this straight.... you've been on this board for 5 yrs and 2% of your posts so far have been devoted to ragging on another member on this forum...ur doing wonders for this community =]. I know this is your first time moderating a thread, so in case you didn't know I have private messaging, if you would like to contact me for further questioning on behalf of my posts towards a sponsor please do so via email. btw sweet auto catfish
coming from the guy with ugly *** 16" wheels.

let me guess, everyone on ls1tech that drives an automatic fbody is a ***** right?

sweet bolt ons 6 speed fireturd, fawkin' guido
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gordo78
That looks pretty sex Matt. Can't really tell its not a carbon fiber bottle if it wasn't for the different angled patterns.
lol yeah that was the least of my worries by the time i got it all to lay out right. bottle was free and im not even sure the valve in it is any good so it was just for looks
Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

coming from the guy with ugly *** 16" wheels.

let me guess, everyone on ls1tech that drives an automatic fbody is a ***** right?

sweet bolt ons 6 speed fireturd, fawkin' guido
haha I didn't say anything negative about his car....so I have no idea what ur talking about. u need to lay off the internet steroids tough guy.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha I didn't say anything negative about his car....so I have no idea what ur talking about. u need to lay off the internet steroids tough guy.
then what'd you mean by that comment? sure seemed like you were belittling a member based on the fact that it was a camaro (catfish) and an automatic.

i've never picked a fight with anyone on the internet but you were just asking for it. you're annoyingly opinionated, and its rarely educated by any experience. so you bought some di-noc, cool. but i dont think you're smart enough to making suggestions for business decisions of sponsors who are trying to keep the fbody aftermarket alive. i could go into some of your other senseless comments in other threads but i think we need to get back on topic.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes please do so- dont spoil this thread with more BS. Take it via PM if you need!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Yes please do so- dont spoil this thread with more BS. Take it via PM if you need!!
sorry some people just deserve to be called out in public!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I spent yesterday messing with the di-noc at my friend's house... he's also got the neffywrap and it's really a tough choice between the two as far as i'm concerned. However, given the curves of that bottle I'd definitely say you made the right choice! the di-noc can be a PITA on curves like that
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I spent yesterday messing with the di-noc at my friend's house... he's also got the neffywrap and it's really a tough choice between the two as far as i'm concerned. However, given the curves of that bottle I'd definitely say you made the right choice! the di-noc can be a PITA on curves like that
thanks man
Old 02-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry, vikingramair but I agree with mattl31 some people just don't get how stupid they sound, so for a brief summary of trans_am_jam in this thread lets review:

Originally Posted by The Alchemist "there's no way I'm going to do hydro dipping but would rather pick up the faux carbon fiber and do the stuff myself."

yeah.. i heard you man.
^^^ nah, hydrodipping is the ****. ......and real carbon fiber clear coated is smooth. I know I'm going to be taking advantage of our sponsor.
So are you for or against hydro dipping?

i just ordered 1ft x 4ft of this stuff for $30 bucks on ebay =]. I wanna do my shift ball, door handle bezels and the instrument cluster bezel. btw.. for those of you guys who think that they were the only ones who knew about this product, you might be surprised to know that its a little more popular than you think....but thanks for showing pics of your work. the after shots look great
^^ I wouldn't even bother.. this stuff is going to die out soon. I really don't think a lot of ppl are going to invest into this.
i'm just saying if you think you're going to make money off this forum for dinoc material it's not gonna work. the demand isn't that high.
so it's popular but not worth investing in? people have been wrapping stuff with vinyl for a LONG time and will continue to do so, there is no reason not to stock it if you're a vendor especially if you own your own shop like he does.

mann don't worry about ricey interiors or what not.. just do what pleases u.

hell, I'm definitely 100% against putting it on the outside of my car...that's stepping in the ricer corridor. yeah its cool to do it in the interior and maybe the engine bay......but once you start wrapping body panels...that's just wack. It looks like Carbon Fiber....but doesn't quite feel like it....and what...when someone asks where'd you get that CF sail panel.. what're you gonna say...umm actually that's a sticker, it's really cool though right?! ..hahah.
so do what pleases you except putting it on the outside of the car...

also what happens when someone asks you about the faux cf stuff on your interior? "umm actually that's a sticker, it's really cool though right?!"

^^ exactly what I was just saying... why are ppl saying that this di-noc CF pattern vinyl is soo realistic..when 10 out of 10 times that I see carbon fiber in its finished form is in a smooth finish.
People who are using adjectives such as "rough" and "rugged" to characterize this 3m vinyl are very misleading. It feels exactly like a sheet of paper ...maybe a little smoother. If I wasn't planning on having my entire center console hydrodipped I would definitely go crazy on my interior and wrap everything. I didn't have an exacto blade on me so I just used a razor blade to cut around the edges and the backside of the razorblade to tuck it into the creases. It definitely looks like carbon fiber!
it's not realistic because it's not smooth yet it is possibly smoother than paper?

^^ congrats on your second post
congrats on being a douche bag

you should get a needle and poke those rises in the vinyl and then push them down. it looks dumb with wrinkles and folds.
You need to get a needle and poke out your eyes so i don't have to listen to any more of your bullshit

the guy does wonders with our interiors... if we should expect any amazing results with this product it's definitely with him .......or me =]
you think this stuff will look weird if you had half of the accessories in your interior covered in it and then your center console hydrodipped w/ the carbon fiber pattern?
for being so smart about interiors you're pretty dumb about this stuff.

oh ****. my bad. you too dude. if it wasn't for you I'm sure a lot of ppl on this forum would be clueless about this vinyl.
yes because there is NO way people could ever find out about this stuff.

it took me a long time to cut the middle out but it was soo worth it.. it's ******* hilarious to use a faux carbon fiber wrapped laptop mouse hahaha
******* hilarious

I bought mine off ebay. you can get lucky sometimes and save yourself $5-8 bucks off the 1' x 4'. but DopeFedZ do you have fuze block covers? or did you do it right over the OEM covers? cause wouldn't that pose a problem when you have to run diagnostics and evaluate what went wrong?
fuze block, wtf is that. also there is an owners manual that you could easily look at for the same info as the top of the fuse box cover.

Since everyone seems to be getting on this **** I had to hurry up to be the first to wrap our key fobs =]. Hope this inspires others to do the same .... btw it took me a longgggg time to do this.

** btw anyone know how I can restore the lettering on my buttons without replacing the buttons? thanks
the first to wrap a key fob? haha are you delusional

I can't stop looking at them. and yes I know my darth vader lego keychain is badass
that little piece of plastic is orders of magnitude more of a bad *** than you.

son of a bitch ... you COPIED ME ARG!! just kidding nice work .. it feels awesome too
again this has been done before, you are definitely not the first.

^^ haha ur funny. let me get this straight.... you've been on this board for 5 yrs and 2% of your posts so far have been devoted to ragging on another member on this forum...ur doing wonders for this community =]. btw sweet auto catfish
so obviously i'm going to assume you suck at math because 2% of 198 is about 4 posts which is a HELL of a lot less than the amount of stupid opinionated garbage you post.

if anyone needs to lay off the e-badass attitude it would be you. clearly you were trying to belittle ec_nova for having an automatic camaro, why? i don't know, seeing as how your car is really nothing special.

^^^ you are just full of fun facts hahaha
and you are just full of bullshit.

I'm not trying to be the tough guy in this thread just trying to make you realize how stupid you sound.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

back on topic, the neffy wrap is pretty cool stuff. after feeling it and stretching it I would much prefer to use it over vinyl for curved surfaces like a nitrous bottle.

Quick Reply: faux CF thread?