Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will those who get just the low beam kit be able to get the high beam projectors later on?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CALL911
Do you know what the regular price will be after the GP is over?
Low beam kits will likely be a little under $600 and the premium kit under $900. I'm working to keep the pricing as low as possible.

Originally Posted by skytower31
Any pictures of just the low beam HIDs installed with the factory high beams?
I did a quick and dirty photoshop with factory high beams in place to give those looking for just the low beams an idea of how it will look.

Originally Posted by Irish350
i dont think ive seen any 'full frontal' shots yet.. a LOT of why im getting this kit is how these lights look coming the other way.

Ive lived with my shitty stock lights until now, because id rather live with those than switch to an hid kit in the factory housings. i think its ricey, and annoying.

now im gonna have the visibility and the look of a car thats worth as much as ive thrown at my good ol f body
I'm working with the donor car to get those pics. Hopefully I can get something posted tomorrow with some daytime shots with the lights on. I will say I loved how they looked during the day when he last stopped over my place.

Originally Posted by skorpion317
Will those who get just the low beam kit be able to get the high beam projectors later on?
The simple answer is yes but their may be some extended wait times to build the highs depending upon what I have in stock.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

I want the BLS kit
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Banned

Will you be doing an Angel Eye version?

DM
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 AM
FormerVendor

All PM's Sent/Returned - Thank You!

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Will you be doing an Angel Eye version?

DM
I did not consider an Angel Eye version at first however if there is enough interest, I can look to put something together. Being that Bird owners typically do not drive with their headlights up without the headlights on, I did not make it a priority option. Most Angel Eyes are CCFL's which are very fragile to work with and LEDs are expensive so again, it was something looked into but not considered a priority. It would likely only look good on the premium kits with all four projectors.

If it was to be offered down the road, it would be a simple addition to existing kits.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLSolutions

I did not consider an Angel Eye version at first however if there is enough interest, I can look to put something together. Being that Bird owners typically do not drive with their headlights up without the headlights on, I did not make it a priority option. Most Angel Eyes are CCFL's which are very fragile to work with and LEDs are expensive so again, it was something looked into but not considered a priority. It would likely only look good on the premium kits with all four projectors.

If it was to be offered down the road, it would be a simple addition to existing kits.

There is a very cool mod on how to make Angel Eyes using a solid tube of Plexiglas, drilling a hole at each end, heating it up and wrapping it around a jar (the diameter that you needed), they placing a LCD in the hold that were drilled. The light would then illuminate the ring of Plexiglas. I think these were the steps.

Anyways, I would deff be in for Angel eyes when ready to buy

BTW - I don't understand you meaning when you say that "Being that Bird owners typically do not drive with their headlights up without the headlights on, I did not make it a priority option." Why would that matter, Angel Eyes are not too noticeable during the day, they are seen at night. Am I misunderstanding something

DM
Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had the extra cash laying around. Nice product!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn the intro price is great. The after not bad, but not great. I would still fork it over if I had ls1.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
There is a very cool mod on how to make Angel Eyes using a solid tube of Plexiglas, drilling a hole at each end, heating it up and wrapping it around a jar (the diameter that you needed), they placing a LCD in the hold that were drilled. The light would then illuminate the ring of Plexiglas. I think these were the steps.

Anyways, I would deff be in for Angel eyes when ready to buy

BTW - I don't understand you meaning when you say that "Being that Bird owners typically do not drive with their headlights up without the headlights on, I did not make it a priority option." Why would that matter, Angel Eyes are not too noticeable during the day, they are seen at night. Am I misunderstanding something

DM
Sounds like a pretty interesting method.

Regarding my other comment. I simply meant that the time the angel eyes would be most noticeable would be at dusk whereas at night they potentially may be washed out with the lights on except for the high beam. Don't get me wrong, I think it would look really cool and they sell some premade angel eyes which I may try.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

ok. so is there a heat up time. or do they turn right on?

also ever thought of making a full kit. highs lows and fogs?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

I assume the wiring harness has all the appropriate relays and fuses so as to not kill the factory harness?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6

By the time you start the car, put on your seat belt, release the parking brake, put it in gear, they will be up to full brightness and temp. Just like any other HID, they take 3-5 seconds to acheive full operating temp, but that's the reason you don't put them in high beams because sometimes you flick back and forth with high beams, and then it becomes a stress factor for the HID's.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
By the time you start the car, put on your seat belt, release the parking brake, put it in gear, they will be up to full brightness and temp. Just like any other HID, they take 3-5 seconds to acheive full operating temp, but that's the reason you don't put them in high beams because sometimes you flick back and forth with high beams, and then it becomes a stress factor for the HID's.
this is why i wanted to know. do the highs take time to fire up. example.

i am driving down the road. no car so i switch to high beem. so do i have 3-5 sec of no light?
then when a car comes and a switch back. do i have another 3-5 sec of no light?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Well if you did switch your high-beams on you would still have your lows on so it wouldn't matter anyways. But even before they reach full operating temperature they are still outputting light. So even if you do flick your highs on and off you will never be without light.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

As mentioned the heat up time is under 5 secs just like everyother HID system out there.

Originally Posted by skytower31
I assume the wiring harness has all the appropriate relays and fuses so as to not kill the factory harness?
Yes, a HID relay harness is used to avoid any potential problems with the factory harness or ballasts.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Thank you for providing this good info.

this is why i wanted to know. do the highs take time to fire up. example.

i am driving down the road. no car so i switch to high beem. so do i have 3-5 sec of no light?
then when a car comes and a switch back. do i have another 3-5 sec of no light?
The lows stay on while the Highs are turned on. Only the foglights turn off when the highs are switched on. You will not be in a situation of having no light when cycling the highs unless you have made changes to your factory wiring to do something different.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Teching In

is there any chance of another group buy rising up again? or is this the "one and only" chance of getting these kits?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLSolutions

I plan on making some angel eye fogs once i have my BLS kit in (god knows how much ill hate the factory ones at that point).

unless, that is, someone comes along and makes them first.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Weskot
is there any chance of another group buy rising up again? or is this the "one and only" chance of getting these kits?
Yes I plan on having future group buys but as I mentioned before, not at this price point.

I plan on making some angel eye fogs once i have my BLS kit in (god knows how much ill hate the factory ones at that point).

unless, that is, someone comes along and makes them first.
An option I have on my TA is the Hella Optilux 2500 foglamps. They are a little smaller than the factory units but I think they served their purpose. Don't mind the very very old pics (2006 - Pre Projector Days ) and the poor night photography. I did not fully understand the benefits of a proper camera and tripod.

I used these with LED switchback corner lamps and usually just ride around with the halo's on and use my projectors for all the light I need.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

its really a shame you arent in it for the money... you couldve just thrown some paint and maybe a mounting bracket in there and charged double ya know

but seriously; before i saw the interest thread i was planning on taking weeks (literally, considering work schedule and other moneypits) to make JUST my projectors, and then moving to all of the other lighting from there. youve solved all my problems.

what housing are your running lights in? I got clear corners with black housings but ive only seen the ambers up front
Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 AM
FormerVendor

ALL PM's Sent/Returned - Thank you!

its really a shame you arent in it for the money... you couldve just thrown some paint and maybe a mounting bracket in there and charged double ya know

but seriously; before i saw the interest thread i was planning on taking weeks (literally, considering work schedule and other moneypits) to make JUST my projectors, and then moving to all of the other lighting from there. youve solved all my problems.

what housing are your running lights in? I got clear corners with black housings but ive only seen the ambers up front
I think you may have found your calling

My running lights are in simple clear corner housings. I have switchback LEDs in them which are white when in running operation (with the headlights on) but when the turn signal is switched, they will flash to amber and back to white. With the headlights off, they are amber. Pretty slick and I think I had these before anyone else really new about them. They have come out with brighter ones since but mine have been running fine for over 3 years so I don't mess with a good thing.

Quick Reply: ***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***