Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

As someone who owns two other cars with HID projectors in them, I always felt like the T/A had subpar lights, and I really hated driving it while dark out.

I went as far as getting the Euro lamps housings, as well as a set of HID's and I still wasn't satisfied. So I got the other lamp housing from ralley lights, and still wasn't satisfied.

So needless to say, I've been through all the options, and I still jumped at going with these. To me, being able to see down the road at night isn't an 'appearance' mod, it's a safety mod, like better brakes and a roll cage.

Needless to say, I'll be selling my rally lights conversion in the not so distant future. PM me if anyone is interested.

Thanks again BLS, I can't wait to get the lights in, and take the car to work in the morning and be able to actually see.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will definately be in on these once people have tried them and they are proven. Looks like they will be a Great addition, just wanting to make sure....
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Bulb type would be an issue unless you have a 9005 HID kit in your car already. I may offer just the housings in the future with just a new set of lamps which will connect to your existing kit ballast.
Do that! At a discounted price of course and I'll buy it..

Nice job man.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
j0n
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
I will definately be in on these once people have tried them and they are proven. Looks like they will be a Great addition, just wanting to make sure....
What more do you need besides the pictures in the first post? Let us know and we'll most likely be able accommodate ya
Old 02-27-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Am I correct in assuming that I can buy any 9005 HID bulb in the future and they will just plug into the ballasts and housing?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by skytower31
Am I correct in assuming that I can buy any 9005 HID bulb in the future and they will just plug into the ballasts and housing?
Yes that is correct. Most kits use AMP connectors so everything is still plug and play.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

^^^I'm sure you will be carrying replacement parts anyways...right?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kwiker
^^^I'm sure you will be carrying replacement parts anyways...right?
Correct. HID components are easy to get and I will be making extra cover lenses in stock in case the unfortunate happens (rock/accident/animal). All the rest should not deteriorate in any way.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to go ahead and put some paint protection film on mine anyhow, so hopefully that will keep them nice and minty fresh.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
As someone who owns two other cars with HID projectors in them, I always felt like the T/A had subpar lights, and I really hated driving it while dark out.

I went as far as getting the Euro lamps housings, as well as a set of HID's and I still wasn't satisfied. So I got the other lamp housing from ralley lights, and still wasn't satisfied.

So needless to say, I've been through all the options, and I still jumped at going with these. To me, being able to see down the road at night isn't an 'appearance' mod, it's a safety mod, like better brakes and a roll cage.

Needless to say, I'll be selling my rally lights conversion in the not so distant future. PM me if anyone is interested.

Thanks again BLS, I can't wait to get the lights in, and take the car to work in the morning and be able to actually see.
I took the same route eurolamps to rally lights bosch conversion and now to the BLS conversion. Very excited to get these on the car already paid up.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
I took the same route eurolamps to rally lights bosch conversion and now to the BLS conversion. Very excited to get these on the car already paid up.
Thank you for your payments gentlemen.

I can't tell you how many setups I've had on my own car before I've finished with the bi-xenon projectors I have now. I will probably change my LT1 setup again since better FX projectors are available with a clear lens. I'll be looking to use these for my potentially new LT1 kit.

My shipment of projectors should be in this week! Let the fun begin!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Keep us up to date!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Do you have any kits left?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

ALL PM's Sent/Returned - Thank You!

Originally Posted by skytower31
Keep us up to date!
Without a doubt!

Originally Posted by jhatler2002
Do you have any kits left?
I sent you a couple PM's this morning regarding the two questions you had. As I mentioned, my projector shipment will be coming in this week so I will have an exact number on how many kits I will have left to build before the next allotment comes to the US. However as I mentioned, if you would like to purchase these at the GP price, PM me.

I'm excited to get all these kits built and into everyone's hands.

Here is another quick pic in the daytime....during this wonderful North East weather we are having. I think these look pretty mean....

Old 02-28-2010, 08:28 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm stoked to get these. As per your picture of your switchback LEDs a few posts up, I ordered a pair as well. Did you need to run a resistor to get them to work?

Sorry to go off topic, PM me if you want.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm stoked to get these. As per your picture of your switchback LEDs a few posts up, I ordered a pair as well. Did you need to run a resistor to get them to work?

Sorry to go off topic, PM me if you want.
No worries. This is a good question I've been asked by others so why not post it here. I considered offering these as an option but they are very expensive ($20-$30/each) not including the electronic flashers and I just wouldn't be competitive on price.

I really love mine and just recently placed an order for the 48 LED towers to replace the 20's I've had in my car for over 3 years and still work just fine.

If you are using LED's in a turn signal location, you can do one of two things.

1) Purchase 2 - Electronic EL-12 flashers to replace the factory thermal units (plug and play under the drivers side kick panel - Turn signal one is easy / Hazard one is a pain to find). These also work with any mixture of stock and LEDs lamps.

2) Install load resistors which require some wire splicing and personally not my choice. Since LEDs consume less power than the factory lamps, a load must be created on the circuit so the thermal flasher can do it's job. These simply create resistance and put off a lot of heat so mounting them can be difficult to avoid damage to surrounding components.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

good stuff. gonna get some switchbacks up front and probably spend a retarded amount of money on red LEDs for the back. (3 per side plus backups, plus markers camaro dudes probably less)

how tall can you go w rear markers/tail lights, does anyone know?

or is there finally someone making board replacements?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Launching!

know I have something to replace my non-popup with.
Thank you for the great service / quick responses.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Irish350

good stuff. gonna get some switchbacks up front and probably spend a retarded amount of money on red LEDs for the back. (3 per side plus backups, plus markers camaro dudes probably less)

how tall can you go w rear markers/tail lights, does anyone know?

or is there finally someone making board replacements?
Tail lights you can go nuts with as many LEDs as you can fit through the hole.

I had the 48 LED Towers in the main center lamps on each side (2 per side/ 4 total) with 194 - 5 LED Tower.

I wouldn't waste your $$ unless you like the fast-action of the LEDs over a regular lamp. I had them in there and it didn't look any different really, just quicker acting.

I would do the rear markers with a 194 - 5 LED SMT. You won't need or want any more light than that. The reverse lights are kind of fun to get in a large tower style LED. They will be incredibly bright.

Originally Posted by dopy
know I have something to replace my non-popup with.
Thank you for the great service / quick responses.
Glad to hear you are making the switch back. Thank you for your business and let me know if you have other questions in the meantime.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it possible that I have the nicest and strongest headlights of any 98-02 Trans Am on the planet? I've really been enjoying these last few weeks of exclusivity... part of me doesn't want you to go through with production, Brian!

Quick Reply: ***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***