Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Money in hand....I want the BLS kit for my LT1 Bird!!
Money in hand....I want the BLS kit for my LT1 Bird!!
90.91%
I'm happy with the other lighting options currently available
9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Interest Thread - 93-97 LT1 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest Thread - 93-97 LT1 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Kit

I received a lot of requests from my LT1 brothers to produce a kit for their cars....well here is the chance to let me know if it's worth doing.

I've already built my own kit about 3 years ago using Infiniti FX35/45 Bi-Xenon Projectors. Admittedly the outcome was something that worked well but was still a bit rough around the edges and not for retail even though it made me happy. No one has been able to replicate the kit completely to date. This would be a professionally made kit but with that, it will cost more to produce.

With that said, I could produce these in a similar light(no pun intended) as I have for the 98+ Firebirds.

These lights will feature the following:

- Infiniti FX Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Fully Plug-N-Play setup - No cutting/wiring/chopping needed to install
- Attractive Shroud Choices
- 35 or 55W HID kit choice
- Easy and secure mounting system
- BLS Exclusive - Bubble Lens Impact Resistant Cover
- OEM function of the high beam with no extra wiring.

Price point will likely be around the ~$750 shipped.

Let me know if this is something of interest to the group and I will start my "re-engineering" of my setup to improve it in literally every way.

Here are some pics and a video showing you the possibilities back from 2006. The kit is still in my car today with zero issues. Don't mind the crappy quality pics and video. I will take better ones now that I have a decent camera.

Video - Bi-Xenon Function - High/Low

Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, definitely perfect this and sell it, then move on to 93-97 camaro headlights
Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
then move on to 93-97 camaro headlights
agree
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Teching In

most definitely ill buy a set if you get em perfected, looks great
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I definitely am in for these to be made.

However, I don't have the money in hand. So, that's a bit upsetting for both of us (BLS and I).
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's required to perfect your current LT1 projector setup? Better fitment, different thermoformed lenses, cleaner design, different projectors, more plug n play? cause it looks pretty good from here, although your pictures and video quality suck.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

What's required to perfect your current LT1 projector setup? Better fitment, different thermoformed lenses, cleaner design, different projectors, more plug n play? cause it looks pretty good from here, although your pictures and video quality suck.
The setup is perfected on the way it generally looks and performs. I just want to make a professional mounting system for it and clean up the rough edges that no one can see. There are a lot of nice shroud options for these now and I would like to incorporate them into the new kit. Other than that, it's still plug and play just like my kit already is.

Thanks for pointing out my pics/vids suck....this was from 3 years ago. I'll take some fresh ones this weekend when I have a little more time.

Seems we are up to 7 people ready to roll but I am going to need to see some more activity to really consider making this a reality. I would like to do it for sure just to make those that really want it happy but please give me your comments good or bad.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

I will have the money soon. but I AM so interested dude, im sick of my weak headlights... hell my 92 dakota has brighter headlights. I just leave the highbeams on in the TA I never get flashed or anything. They are aimed properly also with silverstars. such WEAK headlights.

I also put a post in the LT1 mod section, just to get more input you can make your own thread if you want and Ill delete mine

Last edited by ThoR294; 03-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would be interested brian... dont have the money for it right this second due to other areas on the build, but i think they look great and seem to give off much better light than stockers... so you can mark me down as an eventually.. when you say shroud options are you talking about the decrative rings that go around the projector housing??
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ThoR294
I will have the money soon. but I AM so interested dude, im sick of my weak headlights... hell my 92 dakota has brighter headlights. I just leave the highbeams on in the TA I never get flashed or anything. They are aimed properly also with silverstars. such WEAK headlights.

I also put a post in the LT1 mod section, just to get more input you can make your own thread if you want and Ill delete mine
I'm fully aware of the weak headlight options these cars have so if I see a little more interest I'm confident I can make these really nice. No need to delete your thread but make sure they come here to post in the poll or make comments.

Originally Posted by transmaro93
I would be interested brian... dont have the money for it right this second due to other areas on the build, but i think they look great and seem to give off much better light than stockers... so you can mark me down as an eventually.. when you say shroud options are you talking about the decrative rings that go around the projector housing??
Regarding the shrouds, yes these are the decorative rings that go around the projector lens.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think it would be better if you somehow used the 98 up lights and then made them only flip-up half way like the 98 up T/A's..
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, definitely perfect this and sell it, then move on to 93-97 camaro headlights
Im with this guy.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vanilla89
i think it would be better if you somehow used the 98 up lights and then made them only flip-up half way like the 98 up T/A's..
Are you talking like a sleepy eye type of idea? Can you shoot me a link to clarify what you are referring to?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin01Z28
Im with this guy.
Im with him. (camaro lights is where its at)
Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey brian how many orders are you looking to get to actually do this??
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah an idea on how many orders you're looking to get would be cool

Also, will you only be doing this on a group buy?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:21 AM
FormerVendor

I would do it for 10 kits or more since a lot of my R&D is already 90% there since I don't need to design from scratch. We have over 10 members who say they are ready to go but in my experience with the 98+ kit, people do fall through who say they will commit.

I will likely do a pre-order sale once I get tooled up to make these and ask for a half-down deposit with a solid ship date since I know I can get the components needed pretty readily.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok well you have my word that ill take a kit... just wanst ready to spend the money now because i spent so much on the mechanics of the build... but you can count me in on the preorder.. just let me know on here or NJfboa when and if you are doing it.. any chance you can post up a pic of the different style shrouds and stuff just to give people an idea of what they would be buying...
Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trans am jam
Originally Posted by insaneauto86
agree
x3
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Teching In

id buy but price is too high for lights

Quick Reply: Interest Thread - 93-97 LT1 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Kit