Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How quickly times change... Anyone else used to be into GFX and big spoilers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always liked the lt1 body kits but not so much on ls1s. and the big wings look like **** on any camaro.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Ive always loved that black rk sport camaro with the blacked out headlights and tails and dark tint. And i still wish i could find a set of those early style world challenge wheels. Interestingly enough, a guy i went to HS with had a SOM z28 with the rk sport kit and a set of konig monsoons and it just didnt do it for me like the black one does.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man. Awesome thread. You sure have a hard-on for those rims.

Even though I don't like those wings, some of those GFX are definitely tasteful.

And oh man; a White/Hugger Orange LT1 SS is IMHO the best looking 4th gen Camaro that Chevy ever made. White wheels... props to GM.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vikingramair
You dont need GFX and big spoilers on a WS-6 Trans Am, stock design is a killer.
you speak the truth sir. unfortunately the camaro's aren't on the same boat. Camaro's NEED some extra work to get them looking decent.

a 100% stock base model camaro (non SS, no RS kit) = you have to atleast lower the car (because a drop completely changes the look of the car for the better) or throw on some bigger rims.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish chevy would have offered a 96/97 camaro RS/SS. i thin the RS gfx with the SS hood/wing would look badass. I definately prefer the T/A to the firebird and part of it has to do with the GFX. they just look naked without them.

something like this is what i mean for the camaro

Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This hits close to home for me, I feel/felt the exact same way. I had a 1995 Z28 back in 97, and loved my RKsport catalog. I wasn't online yet much, so I got most of my info from High Tech Performance (before it was GMHTP). I couldn't afford an SS, but I put a cowl hood on my Z28 and some ROH rims.

The ZR28, oh hell yeah! I still have that issue of high tech! I could only imagine something like that at the time. I remember reading about one of MTI's cars when the LS1 F body first came out. It was red with (I think) CCW rims and ran 11's. I was amazed.

But the best ever...the ZL1 camaro John Moss did. I would sit and stare at that pic. Black with the Fikse FM5's, ZL1 hood, BIG motor.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another one here been planning out what my camaro would look like for years. I had the rksport mag, the procharger mag, and a few other's you guys would remember. I even still have the new 2002 SLP SS Camaro flier that advertise's the 345 HP option's for the Camaro.

I still think GFX on a Camaro are cool, but practically they would drag all over the place, which is why I'll hopefully be opting for a DH bumper and 6LE's dual outlet's valance. These pic's sold me on it.

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=115

Originally Posted by TS6
But the best ever...the ZL1 camaro John Moss did. I would sit and stare at that pic. Black with the Fikse FM5's, ZL1 hood, BIG motor.
By the way you know DG Motorsports still sell's that hood right?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

That maroon car with the cowl and large spoiler was also my favorite f-body back in high school. I still like everything except for the spoiler. I also came very close to purchasing that spoiler thankfully I found a reasonably priced OEM ss spoiler instead
Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
you have to atleast lower the car (because a drop completely changes the look of the car for the better) or throw on some bigger rims.
I think that goes for all Camaros and Firebirds. Rather it be a Z28, Formula, Trans Am or any of the "performance/appearance" packages on any of them... none of the fenders line up nicely with the wheels, so there is always massive wheel gap stock.

Everyones 4th Gen F-Body needs to be lowered lol
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
That maroon car with the cowl and large spoiler was also my favorite f-body back in high school. I still like everything except for the spoiler. I also came very close to purchasing that spoiler thankfully I found a reasonably priced OEM ss spoiler instead
I remember that car from the FBODY Hideout, I believe the owner was Gonzo. I loved his car even though I hated that spoiler. I still have a yellow version hanging on the wall back when I wanted an Lt-1 Camaro.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

I'm too young to really have experienced much of this. Even though I'm a teenager, I've never liked the GFX on these cars, with the exclusion of the stock package.

I was considering one of those taller spoilers for my SS when I got it, but I'm sure glad I didn't. It would've been the shortest custom one, and while in a way I still like them, I like the stock spoiler better.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Won't lie...I used to be into imports with bodykits. Then I saw LT1 camaros with bodykits and that just about blew my mind--they could pull off that look so well.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kain01

By the way you know DG Motorsports still sell's that hood right?
Wow, i havent heard that name in awhile. They are HUGE in the protege community I came here from. I lusted over the DG motorsports cf hood and cf front lip for both of my proteges for the longest time.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still am a ricer at heart. It what i grew up on. This is my 95 eclipse been this way for about 7 years

working on turning it back to stock body 99 style im still up in the air though because i kinda like the kit. I did paint the carbon fiber hood body color. Unlike most imports around here it has the bite to match the bark. Currently the quickest car in my stable for now.

This is my 96 z28 just the way i wanted it in high school no plans to change it.

I like them since i know i wont pull up next to one that looks just like it. Now my 98 t/a i cant see doing any thing to the way the stock body flows.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

I love the first pic of that white Camaro and the sema pic, but the rest not so much. And appearantly everyone had the same ugly wheels
Old 03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Even stock hoods just looked good with stripes...

LOL where the hell did that pic come from? Went to school with him and he lived right behind me, used to have a black camaro with the large wing all decked out then bought this one. Its a damn clean 95 with a lingenfelter LT4, built 6 speed and some other stuff, fast LT1 for sure.

I loved all the old style GFX kits and wings before it went all LSX, im still a LT1 fan all around.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Regular

When I was 15 I picked up a 96 5spd 3.8 camaro had one of the RKsport body kits (dont recall the numbers now) and the add-on spoiler. it was the ****.

Not long after that I had it painted black (looked bad after that due to a crap paint job) and had the spoiler removed. took out the euro tails for some stock 93-96 tails. It had trash rims on it but I looked past that because the rest of the car I loved.

Man those were the days. Brents site was amazing for me at that time also haha.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by $750 L98
I actually liked the big wing on the 4th gens. Not the "add-on" one, but the one that replaced the stock wing. My dad bought his like this, ended up liking it, and kept it. He still needs to lower it and put a SS hood on it though:

^^^To me the spoiler doesn't look so great there. Maybe because it is an LS1, maybe (most likely) because it has no GFX... Looks good again here:

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Back when I first got my SS, I found this guys car on some site. I still LOVE the ground effects on this car, and if I could buy them and make them work with my CME I would put them on immediately. They just flow soooo well with the car. I could live with or without the spoiler. I think it looks great from the side, but the rear needs help.

All around I give this guy's car a 10 though. Sadly, these are the only pictures I have.

All attachments, click to enlarge.

Attachment 222514 Attachment 222515 Attachment 222516 Attachment 222517 Attachment 222518
Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Oh man. Awesome thread. You sure have a hard-on for those rims.

Even though I don't like those wings, some of those GFX are definitely tasteful.

And oh man; a White/Hugger Orange LT1 SS is IMHO the best looking 4th gen Camaro that Chevy ever made. White wheels... props to GM.

Lol! It is funny because I DO like those rims but it is just a coincidence almost all the cars I picked had them... Pretty much the only decent looking rim with a lip back in the day... and the fact you knew they were for "racing" when you saw them.

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
I wish chevy would have offered a 96/97 camaro RS/SS. i thin the RS gfx with the SS hood/wing would look badass. I definately prefer the T/A to the firebird and part of it has to do with the GFX. they just look naked without them.

something like this is what i mean for the camaro

I always LOVED those GFX as well (especially on a red car) because I remember reading an article where they cam'd a car (and this is when, to me, cams meant HIGH DOLLAR BIG BUSINESS POWER, lol) and it was called "The Red Rocket" and it looked like that...
Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
This hits close to home for me, I feel/felt the exact same way. I had a 1995 Z28 back in 97, and loved my RKsport catalog. I wasn't online yet much, so I got most of my info from High Tech Performance (before it was GMHTP). I couldn't afford an SS, but I put a cowl hood on my Z28 and some ROH rims.

The ZR28, oh hell yeah! I still have that issue of high tech! I could only imagine something like that at the time. I remember reading about one of MTI's cars when the LS1 F body first came out. It was red with (I think) CCW rims and ran 11's. I was amazed.

Ha! Preach on brother !!!

Yeah, I remember the days when RKSport's ads were on the back of all the magazines and they had those 2 or 3 red LT1 Camaros parked on like some brick driveway in front of some nice house.

They sported big wings, GFX, chrome (and gold, lol) emblems and friggin Monte Carlo OZ rims, lol! Hell yes !

Back in the day, Chrome Monte Carlo OZs were what Fikse rims are today. If you had those on your car it MUST be nice

Hence my 1994 Z...

Quick Reply: How quickly times change... Anyone else used to be into GFX and big spoilers?