Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matches the Recaros very well.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys it took a lot of time but well worth it. Having something others pay $100 + for and only spending $6.00 on materials is an awesome feeling.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm most likely going to wrap the seat cushions and back rests of my Recaros in microsuede. I'm fairly confident that it won't be too much of pita and it'll be pretty easy to finish up; the material on my seats can be pulled off and sewn onto. here's a few pics of the material resting on the seats and a few images of recaros that come in vinyl and suede to show u what it would look like when its done. I'm keeping the bolsters in cloth because recaro cloth is very durable and those are "high wear areas".....

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 03-21-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what i was thinking for my 6les. hadnt considered the under-wheel panel though
Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking the seats would look good once the insides are done in microsuede. I wish others would come in and gave me their opinions
Old 03-21-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good man. Ebrake cover looks a bit too long but it came out nice.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
Looks good man. Ebrake cover looks a bit too long but it came out nice.
thanks man. and yeah I've gotten a lot of pms telling me my ebrake boot is too long...but the reality is that I have yet to take off the OE plastic cover and haven't tucked in the fabric in there. Once I have time I'll install it right and it'll take away a lot of the slack. trust me it's just right .
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

I think the seats would look better with the inserts done too
Old 03-22-2010, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

yah i'm thinking the seat inserts will look sweet.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Rockstar

That is sick man. Is that real leather suede or imitation?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man, matches your seats nicely. I actually pondered this when deciding which way to go with my interior but decided against it b/c it seems like no matter how hard I try my interior gets dusty. And I didnt wanna mess with cleaning the suede properly each week to keep it lookin new when leather could just be wiped down quickly.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
That is sick man. Is that real leather suede or imitation?
It's 100% imitation. It's microsuede. Real suede is very porous and glue will seep right through to it. Alcantara is a little too expensive for me and trent used this type of suede in his t/a so that's why I chose it over ultrasuede.

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Looks good man, matches your seats nicely. I actually pondered this when deciding which way to go with my interior but decided against it b/c it seems like no matter how hard I try my interior gets dusty. And I didnt wanna mess with cleaning the suede properly each week to keep it lookin new when leather could just be wiped down quickly.
thanks. I'm eventually going to wrap my entire interior in suede and yeah I know my car is going to be a detailer's worst nightmare: black paint, suede interior, black tips, black wheels, etc. but for the most part I keep my car clean. I like suede because it matches the color of my stripes and it's just an overall cozier feeling in the car.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jam, I hate you! lol...no not really, awesome work man. My only problem is I don't have a Fabric Shop in my home town. Plus I am currently at the Law Enforcement Academy Makes things real difficult when it comes to modding my car. Your work turned out amazing! Keep up the good work, and when you get the fabric tucked on that E-brake post up another pic. I would like to see how it looks after
Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Jam, I hate you! lol...no not really, awesome work man. My only problem is I don't have a Fabric Shop in my home town. Plus I am currently at the Law Enforcement Academy Makes things real difficult when it comes to modding my car. Your work turned out amazing! Keep up the good work, and when you get the fabric tucked on that E-brake post up another pic. I would like to see how it looks after

thanks man and will do on that ebrake boot. and btw I ordered my fabric from an online fabric store, having the material shipped directly to my house.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
It's 100% imitation. It's microsuede. Real suede is very porous and glue will seep right through to it. Alcantara is a little too expensive for me and trent used this type of suede in his t/a so that's why I chose it over ultrasuede.

did you get to take a look at both? i know i want to go a shade darker than you went, but material wise, any advice?

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
makes it harder to enjoy those mods with a clear conscience too, right?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

that looks sweet
Old 03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO THE SEATS!!! YES that would be awsome!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irish350
did you get to take a look at both? i know i want to go a shade darker than you went, but material wise, any advice?
ummm the only ultrasuede I have ever felt or seen was my old *** hackeysack. It was a lot softer than microsuede IIRC. I think u can see your fingerprints in that a lot more too. I have also heard that microsuede is more resistant to wear than ultrasuede and it's a lot cheaper. I honestly can't tel you for sure the differences without having both of them in my hands. But I CAN tell you about microsuede. the fibers are shorter, it's very stretchable, and cheap. It seems to be durable and when stretched you can see your fingerprints in it. I'm kind of curious to see what ultrasuede looks and feels like now. but i would killl myself if I liked it more than microsuede...

EDIT: my roommate has a jacket made in ultrasuede. It's definitely softer material and possibly more durable. But i'm still glad I went w/ microsuede, because I got like 3 yards of microsuede instead of just getting 1 yard of ultrasuede due to the difference in cost and ppl still use microsuede in reupholstering their automotive interiors. Corbeau CR1s, under hte option of suede...come in microsuede and so do a lot of other racing seats. So whatever... now I'm satisfied.
Originally Posted by 223HAWK
DO THE SEATS!!! YES that would be awsome!
yeah I'm definitely going to do the seats. I have some creative ideas of what to do w/ them too.

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 03-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
EDIT: my roommate has a jacket made in ultrasuede. It's definitely softer material and possibly more durable. But i'm still glad I went w/ microsuede, because I got like 3 yards of microsuede instead of just getting 1 yard of ultrasuede due to the difference in cost and ppl still use microsuede in reupholstering their automotive interiors. Corbeau CR1s, under hte option of suede...come in microsuede and so do a lot of other racing seats. So whatever... now I'm satisfied.
okay cool, now i just need a reason why alcantaras so expensive and i can decide between the three..

when are you doing the seats, and what else is on the drawing board?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irish350
okay cool, now i just need a reason why alcantaras so expensive and i can decide between the three..

when are you doing the seats, and what else is on the drawing board?
real alcantara doesn't fade in the sun... ever. but real alcantara costs like $120/meter.....there are some places that sell it for $60/meter..but that won't do. alcantara is the smoothest out of choices.. but once again its mad expensive. That's why they use it for lamborhinis.

but I'm doing my seats in two weeks, along w/ the headliner, visors, and kick panels.

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 03-22-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Suede Interior Project