Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Detail Guys In Here. Not Happy With A Professional Detail I Got

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll come over to watch ya do the detail but im not touching your car. i'll cry if i somehow damage it lol! i didnt read the whole thread, but man that sucks about the detail job!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NIGHTMAREWS.6
The time it takes to get out every swirl, a detail shop will never spend that much time, you have to spend alot of time on each panel to get the desired result, just do it yourself, and you will be very pleased.
MOST shops won't do that.... but not all. It can become very costly to do a full correction so not a lot of people are willing to pay for that. But the majority of detail shops focus on quantity not quality.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wannafbody
I am not familiar with Immaculate Reflections or what process they used but again internet pics don't prove a thing. Most polishes and compounds have oils and can fill, most waxes are full of oils. It might look perfect in a pic but might be swirl city after a wash and the oils are gone but then again it is possible that if it was done by someone good with a quality process that it really does look nearly perfect.
I take my pics after paint correction is done and AFTER an IPA wipedown to be sure no residual oils remain. Once I'm happy with the correction, I'll apply whatever LSP is requested or I think suits the car best.

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yeah Jeff does some amazing work

I wonder who is better.. Jeff or Presidental Detail.. I will let them both detail my car to see whos better
Thank you. That would be a very expensive detail. Two guys coming from opposite ends of the country for one car. Its been known to happen with a group of high end cars, but not often on a single one. That would be some $$$$ lol.

Originally Posted by ktraver97ss
Sorry if I sounded annoyed, some days you know... I hate when a car does not come out the way it should. If you would like to set up a time to bring the car by I will do just one panel with the more aggressive cut, follow it up with a fine cut/polish, then wide down with a quick detailer to remove any residue/polish oils. Then we can pull it out in the sun and check under direct light to determine if this will get the result we are looking for. If it works I will repeat the process on the rest of the vehicle and then seal it. A wax like Natty's can be applied on top of the sealant after it cures for 24hrs to provide some extra depth to the shine.

The shop is trying to make it right and I like to see that. However, I'd do a 91% IPA wipedown at least twice on said panel. A quick detailer will not remove polishing oils.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Ok so I realize this is a late post for this subject but I must put down my .02.

First of all the reason you ran into this problem is either that the car was not clayed or was and they just did a slack job, Or it was because they were polishing with a wool pad. 90% of people/Detailers who do polishing are using a wool pad even if they tell you they are not, why? because it is the easy way. I work at a shop in VA that has been in business for over 20 years and we never ever put cars out like that simply because we use foam polishing pads in conjunction with a great clay job and some amazing compounds.

And as for not using a strong enough compound, if you have spider webs then whatever they used already had too much cut. When people try to make a quick detail wash/polish/wax combo in as little as an hour in some cases they are not doing ANYTHING. Paint correction takes time and skill, and every single case is different.

First get someone who knows what they are doing to polish your paint out again and make sure NO WOOL PADS. Then get yourself some high-tech yellow wax and lay down some coats.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Moz
Launching!

After M105x2/SIP

[/QUOTE]

What i would give to have my Black TA's paint look like that (and not wash off in the rain)

Quick Reply: Detail Guys In Here. Not Happy With A Professional Detail I Got