Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Autozone Tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would show what i mean but the only camera i have right now is my phone and it is a piece of ****..
Old 04-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Yeah i think i would just get the back done professionaly, maybe the sides too if i have to take it off or end up not liking it.. I don't know what i what % i would choose for all the windows, but i doubt i'll like 5% for a dd. Doing the back will make them even darker right now..

What % do you guys have on your side windows and rear?
15% sides 5% rear... i have some trouble seeing at night when i reverse even if the area is well lit, mine's a DD
Old 04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

ive used tint off ebay thats precut on 7 different cars and never had a problem is installor fading.

f-body rear windows are easyer to do in 2 pieces, but i just re-did mine last weekend ( went from 20% to 5% ) and took the hatch off the car and used one peice with no issues. you need 2 people but its not bad.

like others said, windex is a no go for tinted windows.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by loser98
ive used tint off ebay thats precut on 7 different cars and never had a problem is installor fading.

f-body rear windows are easyer to do in 2 pieces, but i just re-did mine last weekend ( went from 20% to 5% ) and took the hatch off the car and used one peice with no issues. you need 2 people but its not bad.

like others said, windex is a no go for tinted windows.
Ya anything ammonia free is pretty much going to work and not make it fade as fast, i still think that it will fade sooner or later though because the cheaper tints use a cheapter ink dye where as the more expensive ones use a metalic dye that lasts longer.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Now after you get the back window done id start lookin into some wheels, lowering it, and some corner lights, and also De-mold the sides but hey if you had other plans bro, thats cool to but the tint looks like it came out good for first time and also, Welcome To Tech lol
Old 04-11-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Now after you get the back window done id start lookin into some wheels, lowering it, and some corner lights, and also De-mold the sides but hey if you had other plans bro, thats cool to but the tint looks like it came out good for first time and also, Welcome To Tech lol
Thanks I like suggestions! I was thinking chrome c6 Z06 or some sort of chrome wheel and getting bigger tires to fill in the wheel well, lowering it, the clear markers..etc. I dont know where to get the rims from at a decent price though... also i like the rs body kit or xenon i think it completes the look of the car but not too much like a ricer. What is De-molding the sides?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks I like suggestions! I was thinking chrome c6 Z06 or some sort of chrome wheel and getting bigger tires to fill in the wheel well, lowering it, the clear markers..etc. I dont know where to get the rims from at a decent price though... also i like the rs body kit or xenon i think it completes the look of the car but not too much like a ricer. What is De-molding the sides?
Removing the side molding. It makes it look cleaner without it
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

^ Thanks! wow that did come out perfect. Mine isnt perfect at all, i did the only place i could which was someones garage and it was low lit and kinda dirty, its good for the most part but there are a few small little bubbles near the bottom that i thought curing would solve and maybe a random hair or 2. I was thinking about taking it off and trying to clean the tint? i dont know..
Practice, man. This is only my third attempt on tinting windows. First time I ever did it was on my 87 Camaro. I finished with some bubbles and crap. Then i tried doing the impala.. didn't work out so well lol. Now this time, came out perfect. You learn tips and tricks as you go along.

I'm not sure if you can peel the tint off and do it again.. the adhesive might be screwed up by then. But I'm not sure. If you have the cash, time, and if your bored.. Go for it again! It's only two windows. Not to mention.. no door frame around the window = way easier.

As far as your car goes.. I'd remove the side molding. Just peel it off, use some goo gone or something to get the residue off. It makes a big difference.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RJLS1
Looks like this should be a sticky, if it was cleaned up a little. No offense.
none taken,, I wasted all my time and brains on auto class and slacked off in typing and English classes in school so i guess i deserve it haha
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Practice, man. This is only my third attempt on tinting windows. First time I ever did it was on my 87 Camaro. I finished with some bubbles and crap. Then i tried doing the impala.. didn't work out so well lol. Now this time, came out perfect. You learn tips and tricks as you go along.

I'm not sure if you can peel the tint off and do it again.. the adhesive might be screwed up by then. But I'm not sure. If you have the cash, time, and if your bored.. Go for it again! It's only two windows. Not to mention.. no door frame around the window = way easier.

As far as your car goes.. I'd remove the side molding. Just peel it off, use some goo gone or something to get the residue off. It makes a big difference.
Ahhh ya i was looking up some pictures of cars that didnt have the sides after 9White suggested it. I honestly have never noticed it before! haha Yeah it does look way better/cleaner, I want to eventually get the rs/rk w.e it is or the xenon gfx and i like how the side matches it nicly so im kinda in the air about that

I also saw one of those cowl hoods i think there called? on a 3rd gen camaro this last saterday. It was my first time seeing/noticing one on a camaro in person and ive been now.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Junkie

If you want a good set of wheels go check out OEWheelsLLC.com. i just ordered a set of polished C5's and i love em and if you want go look at them then go look at other peoples prices for wheels. you prob wont find any cheaper than them
Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

If you want a good set of wheels go check out OEWheelsLLC.com. i just ordered a set of polished C5's and i love em and if you want go look at them then go look at other peoples prices for wheels. you prob wont find any cheaper than them
Yeah that place is about the cheapest yet. I remember going there a little while back. If i was getting them now i would go there, but since im short on money im gunna just keep my eyes open, as well as 50 other things! lol Plus i gotta have the chrome i love the look of chrome on pewter!!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

hey brother anything would look better than the stockers lol and no offense but but that would look killer with the chrome rims with the clear corners and lower it it
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I roll with 5% on the back and sides and have 35% on the front windshield with no trouble seeing
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinking about doing 20 all the way around since i have the t-tops off most of the time. or doing 20 in the back and 35 up front which is the darkest i can go legally in texas.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

hey brother anything would look better than the stockers lol and no offense but but that would look killer with the chrome rims with the clear corners and lower it it
yeah i know! What the hell, why couldn't chevy have spent more time and money on those dumb looking rims.. Any place to get the clear corners? I was looking and didnt find, also i didnt know what springs to use i was reading that he ebachi or w.e start to sag in the rear, and i cant be having my car looking like it needs to dump a load or somthing Im hoping to find the wheels soon too cause im needing new tires. I think the nitto 555 are amazing.. Im getting a muffler on soon also, its in one of the exhaust threads.

[QUOTE]im thinking about doing 20 all the way around since i have the t-tops off most of the time. or doing 20 in the back and 35 up front which is the darkest i can go legally in texas.[QUOTE]

Yeah i am thinking 20 or 25 for the front and 5 rear, im pretty sure you can do w.e. you want in the back legaly, unless you were talking about the 35. I also want to get the front tinted slightly ive heard if its really light you dont get any trouble and blocking the sun from the dash would be really great. Im liking the tint now still, but the imperfections are really starting to irritate me..next time should be spotless
Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

I got mine from ebay and i think thats where others get theres from cause ive seen the clear ones with the silver backin and the stock ones and the clear with the black backing. and for the springs i have a set of eibachs and they havent started to sag and ive had em on there for about a year and a half now. and the nitto nt555 are killer im sure theres better tires out there but i just love the nt555. and what kind of muffler you gettin? when i get the money i want to get a GMMG exhaust but thats later down the road lol
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

I got mine from ebay and i think thats where others get theres from cause ive seen the clear ones with the silver backin and the stock ones and the clear with the black backing. and for the springs i have a set of eibachs and they havent started to sag and ive had em on there for about a year and a half now. and the nitto nt555 are killer im sure theres better tires out there but i just love the nt555. and what kind of muffler you gettin? when i get the money i want to get a GMMG exhaust but thats later down the road lol
I checked out your profile pic of the white bitch haha, nice pics dude. Is the pic where its at the church parking lot got the eibachs on? It looks like either the front is higher and the rear is lower, but maybe you set it that way too.. are the nt555 on in that picture also? Im getting the flowmaster 80 series https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...nd-better.html i wanted an slp lm2 catback but i dont have enough money lol so ya later on down the road.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah i think that pic was takin with the eibachs and idk whats goin on with em to this day they still look like that and i know for a fact there the eibach springs cause they say that on the springs cause i didnt put em on i had a shop do it when they was puttin in my clutch but the pic where my car is on the dirt road is a pic where the car has the NT555 and i got ya on the exhaust about the later on down ther road lol mine for the moment has a knock off flowmaster just cause when i first got my car i had to have something with sound and they wanted 90 for the muffler plus whatever to put it on and i paid 40 for the one i got and the metal used to put it together is actually thicker than a freakin flowmaster lol
Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i think that pic was takin with the eibachs and idk whats goin on with em to this day they still look like that and i know for a fact there the eibach springs cause they say that on the springs cause i didnt put em on i had a shop do it when they was puttin in my clutch but the pic where my car is on the dirt road is a pic where the car has the NT555 and i got ya on the exhaust about the later on down ther road lol mine for the moment has a knock off flowmaster just cause when i first got my car i had to have something with sound and they wanted 90 for the muffler plus whatever to put it on and i paid 40 for the one i got and the metal used to put it together is actually thicker than a freakin flowmaster lol
I was thinking i might go with low as i can in the front cause at best when the rear goes down it will look level, but till then or if it doesnt it will look raked and i like the look of that too. have you had any problems with your springs or the height either wanting taller or shorter? You should slap some tint on the car man it looks awesome on the white.

Quick Reply: Autozone Tint